HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXIV (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Stanley Cup champion Brad Marchand was forced to leave a local Halifax restaurant on Saturday night after he relieved himself on a wall and floor in a public area. The diminutive Boston Bruin attended the establishment with a group of friends late Saturday evening - just hours before he presided over Halifax' 116th Natal Day parade celebrating the anniversary of Nova Scotia's entry into Confederation. According to witnesses, Marchand was loud and obnoxious throughout the evening, calling several staff members rude names and making sure everyone was aware of his status as a local celebrity and hero figure.

Shortly before closing time, an intoxicated Marchand got up and walked towards the washroom, which is located in the basement of the restaurant. He didn't make it, stopping to do his business in an area between the bar and stairwell. "He was so drunk he had no idea what he was doing," said one witness to the incident.

It's all over the net, just Google it! LOL...

Old
08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Stanley Cup champion Brad Marchand was forced to leave a local Halifax restaurant on Saturday night after he relieved himself on a wall and floor in a public area. The diminutive Boston Bruin attended the establishment with a group of friends late Saturday evening - just hours before he presided over Halifax' 116th Natal Day parade celebrating the anniversary of Nova Scotia's entry into Confederation. According to witnesses, Marchand was loud and obnoxious throughout the evening, calling several staff members rude names and making sure everyone was aware of his status as a local celebrity and hero figure.

Shortly before closing time, an intoxicated Marchand got up and walked towards the washroom, which is located in the basement of the restaurant. He didn't make it, stopping to do his business in an area between the bar and stairwell. "He was so drunk he had no idea what he was doing," said one witness to the incident.

That's not the Brad Marchand we know...

Old
08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:

Marchand will quickly be in contention for Dbag of the league award. Watch out Avery.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
08-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
That's not the Brad Marchand we know...
On Facebook they're calling him the "Whiz Kid" Now...Hilarious!

Old
08-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Andy

surprised this story hasn't been posted on the bruins board yet...is this story even true?

Old
08-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
surprised this story hasn't been posted on the bruins board yet...is this story even true?
Check out the picture, the guys is a class act.
http://devin-maxwell.blogspot.com/20...nd-pissed.html

Yes it's true. They are talking about in on the Bruins Fans Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/herewegobruins

Last edited by Player 61: 08-08-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old
08-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Check out the picture, the guys is a class act.
http://devin-maxwell.blogspot.com/20...nd-pissed.html

Yes it's true. They are talking about in on the Bruins Fans Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/herewegobruins
is it me, or does Marchand carry a pot? It looks like a beer belly.

Old
08-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Hockeyfan68

Honestly there isn't a legit news source reporting it, just some Canadiens fan's blog and the rest looks like rumor.

I think Marchand was doing this that day http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...irls-club.html

See? A legit news source.

The Bruins board deleted the post because it belongs in the Enquirer gossip rag because it isn't real news. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...w=1280&bih=625

If the mods here were smart they delete this thread or close it. You people should be ashamed to come over and post that crap.

The photo in that blog by the way is from the Stanley Cup celebration at Foxwoods with the rest of the team and not taken in Halifax. Gullibility. "IT'S ON FACEBOOK IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!" My God man .... the blog date is August 2nd, don't you think it would be on the news wire by now? is this the best you guys can do in the off-season.

Old
08-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Honestly there isn't a legit news source reporting it, just some Canadiens fan's blog and the rest looks like rumor.

I think Marchand was doing this that day http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...irls-club.html

The bruins board delted the post because it belongs in the Enquirer gossip rag because it isn;t real news. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...w=1280&bih=625

If the mods here were smart they delete this thread or close it. You people should be ashamed to come over and post that crap.

The photo in that blog by the way is from the Stanley Cup celebration at Foxwoods with the rest of the team and not taken in Halifax. Gullibility. "IT'S ON FACEBOOK IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!" My God man ....
Cry me a river, the Blogger used an old photo. But he's still giving the salute. Team990 is a legit source & they reported it! Melnick does research & doesn't make stuff up before he says them on air.

Old
08-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post

The Bruins board deleted the post because it belongs in the Enquirer gossip rag because it isn't real news. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...w=1280&bih=625

The photo in that blog by the way is from the Stanley Cup celebration at Foxwoods with the rest of the team and not taken in Halifax. Gullibility. "IT'S ON FACEBOOK IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!" My God man ....
Just because you hosted a charity during the day, doesn't mean you don't party at night.

Old
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
matCH penalty

Y'know, I made "Boston players are mildly trained animals" jokes, but I didn't really expect it to be true.

Old
08-08-2011, 04:03 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Realistically, does what he did really surprise you? The guy is a punk, even Boston fans can admit it.
To be honest, no it doesn't. Not really a fan of the off ice shenanigans, but at the end of the day it's not bothering anyone and I'm not losing sleep because of it.

Old
08-08-2011, 04:05 PM
pedrospecialk

Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
Koseegin - could you clear out your PM inbox? You mis-PM'd me thinking I was the mod who closed your thread.

Thanks

Old
08-08-2011, 04:05 PM
BLONG7

Stay Classy Marchand... There has been alot of talk through-out the province about Marchand being on a two month pub crawl...maybe it's true? His day is coming...

Old
08-08-2011, 04:11 PM
pedrospecialk

Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
Out of curiosity, is there any other confirmation outside of the blog of some guy whose Twitter description is "just another sports fan..."? I mean, he's got 1,432 tweets and 132 followers... If it's being reported on 990, I'm sorry, but that's right there with RDS on the grain-of-salt scale. If there's a link I'd appreciate it, and if not it's not a huge deal. Maybe you guys could throw Depends on the ice next year

All this aside, it wouldn't surprise nor bother me one bit if Marchand had done it. He's a ***** - an epic one. And I couldn't care less.

What would bother me is some turd in Halifax trying to (and succeeding in) getting more hits on his construction-paper cutout blog by fabricating the story.

Old
08-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrospecialk View Post
Out of curiosity, is there any other confirmation outside of the blog of some guy whose Twitter description is "just another sports fan..."? I mean, he's got 1,432 tweets and 132 followers... If it's being reported on 990, I'm sorry, but that's right there with RDS on the grain-of-salt scale. If there's a link I'd appreciate it, and if not it's not a huge deal. Maybe you guys could throw Depends on the ice next year

All this aside, it wouldn't surprise nor bother me one bit if Marchand had done it. He's a ***** - an epic one. And I couldn't care less.

What would bother me is some turd in Halifax trying to (and succeeding in) getting more hits on his construction-paper cutout blog by fabricating the story.
The very short answer is no. It was dated August 2nd, I'm sure it would be on the wire all over Boston by now.

Old
08-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrospecialk View Post

Nice and balanced post. I think it's fine to discuss this since it was apparently on the Team990. It's likely to be nonsense but, hey, it's summer, who cares?

Old
08-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Nice and balanced post. I think it's fine to discuss this since it was apparently on the Team990. It's likely to be nonsense but, hey, it's summer, who cares?
Apparently WE do.

Old
08-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Player 61
#Winning

It's not something you print in a newspaper. But the locals in Halifax have been discussing it on Facebook & Twitter. You can see that the local bar talk in Halifax is generating comments even on CBC. Check comments section below.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...irls-club.html

Old
08-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Mike8

And with that, now is as good a time as ever to close this thread and start anew.

Closed Thread