HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you expect from Leblanc this coming year?

Old
08-08-2011, 02:46 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
What do you expect from Leblanc this coming year?

I really want to know where Leblanc will be next year (AHL?), and what you expect of him at that level. Discuss and thank you

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
He will be in the AHL this year, probably playing top-six minutes at center unless he proves incapable. About 40+ points in 60+ games is the kind of numbers I would expect. Some people expect a shift to the wing, but Hamilton's RW depth is a lot better than its Center depth so I expect him to play in the middle in the AHL.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Bud2790

I expect him to make it to the NHL and be our leading scorer

Seriously though, I expect 40ish points from him with the Dogs!

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:04 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
I hope he continues to develop at C because we need some over 6ft. Ideally he and eller could be our #1 #2 or at least #2, #3 down the line

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:09 PM
pine

vCash: 50
I think in his prime, he will be a good 2nd line grinding winger for us.

Now? Rack up a few points down in Hamilton.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:16 PM
habitue*

First, I hope he's gonna recover fully from his injury.

Then, I hope he's gonna play on a second line in Hamilton and get about 40-50 points.

It's gonna be his 4th team (in 4 parts of the Continent) and 4th coach in 4 years. Jodoin can help him in the transition.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I hope we're not getting our hopes up too high. He seems like he's not exactly ready physically yet for the professional league (some players take longer to reach their peak) so I hope he can keep up with bigger boys in the AHL. I don't think we'll see him in the NHL at all this year, then maybe a few games next year (2012-2013) and then he'll play about half the season in the NHL after that (2013-2014) before making it full time the year after, at 23 years old.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:39 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy33Clutch View Post
I really want to know where Leblanc will be next year (AHL?), and what you expect of him at that level. Discuss and thank you
He will be in Hamilton, the question will be how much time will he miss if any at the start of the season due to his shoulder injury (went under knife in May, said to be out 3-4 months, so perhaps he won't miss any games)

If he's 100% at the start of the season, I could see him getting around 50 pts as I assume he will get top 6 ice time and PP time.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I think he'll do well under Clement Jodoin. I also wouldn't be surprised if he plays better with pro players. That behing said, we can't expect him to come into the AHL and be a scoring machine. It won't ever be his game. Like the others said, between 40 and 50 points would be great, and if he's not injured, it's realistic. Once he'll get bigger and stronger, he'll have a bigger impact.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:07 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Leblanc to me will end up a good 2nd line complementary winger, or if he improves in the circle, a good 3rd line two way center man. The #1 thing I'm hoping for from him is to play a full season and stay healthy. If he does I think he could surprise with 50-60 points or so in his rookie pro year which is pretty solid.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:14 PM
NewHabsEra*

I still havent lost the faith to see him develop in a Patrice Bergeron type of center..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I still havent lost the faith to see him develop in a Patrice Bergeron type of center..
That would be his ceiling yes, would be great to see

i want 20 goals 30 assists first season in hamilton, dont let me down!

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I expect him to bulk the **** up! Time to add pounds of muscle and be a machine!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:03 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
I think he'll do well under Clement Jodoin. I also wouldn't be surprised if he plays better with pro players. That behing said, we can't expect him to come into the AHL and be a scoring machine. It won't ever be his game. Like the others said, between 40 and 50 points would be great, and if he's not injured, it's realistic. Once he'll get bigger and stronger, he'll have a bigger impact.
This is kind of why I'd like to see him play another year of junior. Give him a chance to recover physically and maybe give him the chance to hone his offensive skills against some weaker opposition.

I really prefer the way Detroit takes their time with their prospects and lets them almost over mature before bringing them too the show. Look at how rushing Lats and SK worked out. Look at how giving MaxPac a year backeards against weaker opposition in the AHL worked out.

How old were Datsyuk and Zetterberg when they became NHL regulars. Eller is 2 years from being a consistent productive center. We have Pleks under contract for 4 years, we can afford to not rush this prospect.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:25 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I expect him to bulk the **** up! Time to add pounds of muscle and be a machine!
I think players do that in the off season. I am not sure and i am by far not an expert in that kind of thing. I am hoping that he gets a lot of ice time and experience in hamilton. I think it is fair to assume that with his style of play he will need to add strength to his game to reach the nhl. He has the discipline now he just needs the physical maturity to go along.

Last edited by shamrun: 08-08-2011 at 05:36 PM.
shamrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Halifaxhab*

I think he'll play as an overager in Junior. He will get the time to recover from the shoulder and have a chance to bulk up further, all while seeing time as a #1 C playing important minutes and playing a leadership role. If the Montreal Juniors start to falter, he can be traded to a powerhouse (see St-John) so he can start to really inflate those point totals and play woth more skilled players.

He could then be ready for a season in the AHL at close to 195lbs (that's 10lbs in 1 year). Where he would definately have the skills and size to not only compete but dominate before moving up to the NHL at about 200lbs (another 5 lbs in 1 year), ready for top 9 duties.

The weight gains are reasonable amounts attainable by elite athletes. He should also be devellopped as a Centre as a RH top 6 centre is something we truly need in the system.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:42 PM
ti-vite

I see him following something along PLekanec development path. 3 complete in ahl then an impact in the nhl.

ti-vite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:48 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I hope we're not getting our hopes up too high. He seems like he's not exactly ready physically yet for the professional league (some players take longer to reach their peak) so I hope he can keep up with bigger boys in the AHL. I don't think we'll see him in the NHL at all this year, then maybe a few games next year (2012-2013) and then he'll play about half the season in the NHL after that (2013-2014) before making it full time the year after, at 23 years old.
This seems about right
would like to see Leblanc develop a little more fire along the way

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:51 PM
phoque taupe

I expect a better tracklisting..

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Maxpac

For those who think Leblanc will play as an overager

The kid is a 1st round draft pick with a signed contract who played no less at the WJC last season, comon people!

I'm hoping for a 30-30 season in the AHL. If Habs management is smart, they will give him every opportunity to shine offensively, meaning regular pp time and wingers that can finish plays. We know that he has hustle and can play an excellent defensive game if needed (see Canada) but he also has a shot and hands that could make him an excellent top 6 forward if he's developed properly.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Three full years in the AHL, please. It's time to develop the prospects properly. Subban was an exception to the rule, but as far as the rest are concerned, they need to pay their dues in Hamilton first.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 06:07 PM
JimmyDarmody

Sending Leblanc back to the Q as an over-ager would pretty much admit how terrible a pick he was. Quick, assign him to Hamilton so he can have a 20-20 season and people can maintain hope in him becoming more than a bottom-6 player.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Three full years in the AHL, please. It's time to develop the prospects properly. Subban was an exception to the rule, but as far as the rest are concerned, they need to pay their dues in Hamilton first.
Three full AHL seasons is usually a mark that someone can't do anything in the NHL (see Maxwell, Ben) even Detroit doesn't keep their guys down that long.

For Leblanc we'd probably see a full season in the AHL, One year mostly in the AHL with injury callups and then a year split between AHL and NHL like Weber, White, Pacioretty and Desharnais this year as the expected development curve.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Avtsin-like numbers in Hamilton would be ok. I wouldn't want to outright "expect" more... but of course I'd be happy if we got more.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 06:13 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
When you get a guy like Crosby, Ovechkin, etc, obviously even like you mentioned with Subban (not on their level but on the half a year in the AHL level) it's a no brainer. When these guys come up and dominate to 1st overall pick, or even guys like Subban who are lower picks put dominate the AHL in their first season, it's pretty much a no brainer that you have something special.

So you do bring them up. With other people with normal developmental curves 2-3 years in the AHL minimum.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote