HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

1993-1994 NY Rangers players

Old
08-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Make me. It's also a fond memory of a different time - I like to wax nostalgic about the days I paid $46 to see the rangers in the cup finals from the greens.
I'm not suggesting having our memories wiped....

I just think MSG has pushed it down our throats so much that I would hate to see a cheapened.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:39 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I resent the MSG propaganda constantly reliving and reviving the 94 Cup run (example: having the Cup at Messier's retirement ceremony) As great as it was, 17 years later, it's not a recent event — something that MSG does it's best to combat. The team directly to the West has won 3 Cups since 94.

Cherish your memories. I do. But I don't need MSG consistently trotting out 1994.

08-08-2011, 02:40 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I resent the MSG propaganda constantly reliving and reviving the 94 Cup run (example: having the Cup at Messier's retirement ceremony) As great as it was, 17 years later, it's not a recent event something that MSG does it's best to combat. The team directly to the West has won 3 Cups since 94.

Cherish your memories. I do. But I don't need MSG consistently trotting out 1994.
I agree. It's so obvious that they're just making excuses for the terrible product they've produced since. Irritating.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
It means I really need to start watching my fiber intake.

Yeah, I just bought some Octavia yogurt yesterday, and if you were old enough to go to a game without your parents in 1993-94, so should you. Yeah, it really has been THAT much time since then.

People who were born during that season were just drafted in the last June's draft. Think about that.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:02 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
I hate when people say its time to move on from 94. We don't cling to that cup the way its made out to be. Some of the guys on that team did legendary things and hockey was at an all time high. Its ok to still be in love with that year
I agree. The Devils series is widely regarded as one of the greatest playoff series in NHL history and deservedly so. It's imperitive to let future generations of Rangers fans know what made that team special, and what dominant wire-to-wire hockey is supposed to look like.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I'm not suggesting having our memories wiped....

I just think MSG has pushed it down our throats so much that I would hate to see a cheapened.
Glad I don't have cable.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I resent the MSG propaganda constantly reliving and reviving the 94 Cup run (example: having the Cup at Messier's retirement ceremony) As great as it was, 17 years later, it's not a recent event something that MSG does it's best to combat. The team directly to the West has won 3 Cups since 94.

Then do what I do--don't watch it. I don't understand why so many people spend so much time watching MSG in the summer, I've always managed to find other things to do.

I don't feel the need to "re-live" the event--I lived through it back in 1994. And I won't let anyone take away that memory, certainly not some sports channel.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
1994 isn't just about it being the year the Rangers won the cup, it's about a really spectacular summer to be a Rangers fan. It's not something you "give up" in the same way you don't give up memories of your first kiss or a vacation to to a tropical island that you'll never go back to again.

Thinking about the OP, I think it's a mark of how great that team was that there were still 2 players from that squad in the NHL last season.
Well said.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:56 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
It means I really need to start watching my fiber intake.
Metamucil mixes great with Vodka. It makes for a wicked scewdriver in the morning.

+

=

Last edited by vipernsx: 08-08-2011 at 05:08 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:04 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Totally disagree. It is absolutely time to move on. I am so tired of how every time I turn on MSG, all I see is Richter, Leetch and Messier documentaries, replays of the 94 playoff games, the Greatest Moments of MSG special has a few from 94 in there. All the Original 6 teams put out team history DVD's, we put out a 94 DVD set. How bout a dvd on the team's history? Despite our championship ineptitude, we DO have a long history..it would be nice to see something on that. I mean, I love what happened back then, but enough with it already. 94 feels like it happened yesterday, that's how often the Garden harps on it.
so your tired of seeing leetch, messier and richter documentaries. even if we didnt win the cup in 94 those 3 have legend status in new york. you were going to see those documentaries anyway. the greatest moments of msg special... what did you think you were going to see? are those not great moments?

the team and fans have all moved on from 1994, but its ok to relive it. especially since its probably the greatest year in the teams history.

we (at least me) dont go around spewing nonsense about the rangers being such a great team because of 94 like some devil fan would about their 3 cups, the last if which was 8 years ago.

its ok to look back on that year and remember how awesome it was.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:42 PM
bubba5

It's about how I pay 95% more for a ticket then I did then. How $100 got me into the blues for the finals when now it would cost me $500

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:58 PM
gotmonte

someone who had graduated from High School that year, I LOVE 1994 and have very fond memories of my rangers ripping it up.

Besides 1997, No ranger team has been close to them.

Who cares if you guys are tired of hearing about it. Most of you guys were either too young to remember or werent even BORN when the Rangers won the cup.

For me anytime a documentary comes on about the Rangers in 93-94 or a game from that playoff year or anything related to 94, I get chills AND STILL DO.

So psssssss off if you dont like 1994. I cant even imagine a TRUE ranger fan saying they are tired of 1994.

WTF?

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 06:01 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
damn ...forgot that he retired. also add

Rob Niedermayer
Jason Arnott
Niedermayer is in Switzerland.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 06:03 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
I hope the "1940" chant doesn't just get updated to "1994"..Plus it doesn't even have a good ring to it.

'94 was an awful long time ago at this point, but I'm never going to give up the glitz and glamour that went along with it. That was the first year/season I started watching hockey all together with my father and brother and that year, along with the Rangers franchise as a whole, hold a special place in my heart that can't be erased from time. I'm going to be in love with that year and that roster and pine over the whole thing until the day the Cup returns to NY.

I think most people have started to take the Rangers and hockey far too seriously as fans and nearly DEMAND happiness through the team winning. Remember when watching a game was simply just that?

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:22 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
so your tired of seeing leetch, messier and richter documentaries. even if we didnt win the cup in 94 those 3 have legend status in new york. you were going to see those documentaries anyway. the greatest moments of msg special... what did you think you were going to see? are those not great moments?

the team and fans have all moved on from 1994, but its ok to relive it. especially since its probably the greatest year in the teams history.

we (at least me) dont go around spewing nonsense about the rangers being such a great team because of 94 like some devil fan would about their 3 cups, the last if which was 8 years ago.

its ok to look back on that year and remember how awesome it was.
Yes, they are. But they shove it down our throat EVERY 5 minutes. I don't have a problem with the the 50 greatest moments involving 94. But it's that plus the documentaries plus the constant replays of the games plus the top 10 series plus the spring of 94 special and that one with the top 3 moments for the Rangers, Devils and Islanders. I mean, how many different specials can you have? How long before the memory is cheapened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
someone who had graduated from High School that year, I LOVE 1994 and have very fond memories of my rangers ripping it up.

Besides 1997, No ranger team has been close to them.

Who cares if you guys are tired of hearing about it. Most of you guys were either too young to remember or werent even BORN when the Rangers won the cup.

For me anytime a documentary comes on about the Rangers in 93-94 or a game from that playoff year or anything related to 94, I get chills AND STILL DO.

So psssssss off if you dont like 1994. I cant even imagine a TRUE ranger fan saying they are tired of 1994.

WTF?
I am 37, so trust me I was around for it, and I've been a fan for 25 years and am I die hard as it gets. And I still get chills sometimes, but not like I used to because I see EVERY five minutes.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:00 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Yes, they are. But they shove it down our throat EVERY 5 minutes. I don't have a problem with the the 50 greatest moments involving 94. But it's that plus the documentaries plus the constant replays of the games plus the top 10 series plus the spring of 94 special and that one with the top 3 moments for the Rangers, Devils and Islanders. I mean, how many different specials can you have? How long before the memory is cheapened?

I am 37, so trust me I was around for it, and I've been a fan for 25 years and am I die hard as it gets. And I still get chills sometimes, but not like I used to because I see EVERY five minutes.
what other great moments do you want to see/are there to see? we do see it a lot, but 94 is not forcefed down our throats any more than any other team celebrates their championship. the devils i think last year or the year before had the whole 2000 team at a game, just for the hell of it. did the rangers do anything like that? its something that 20 years from now should still be celebrated, and lets be honest, the rangers organization is not filled with many great moments.

Old
08-08-2011, 08:15 PM
gotmonte

If you dont like it, dont watch MSG. Period.

I dont watch MSG to be honest. Only for Rangers/Knicks games and if I hear there is a documentary about either team.

Otherwise, its a boring channel.

So maybe because I dont frequent MSG channel as much as some of you other guys, I dont get sick of the propaganda. I love the propaganda.

Listen, I have had to go through a LOT of crap with this team. Bad coaches, bad Gm/Presidents, bad contracts, bad systems, bad owner.. the one damn year that was magical will NEVER be tarnished to me because it is played out to nauseam

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:36 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
what other great moments do you want to see/are there to see? we do see it a lot, but 94 is not forcefed down our throats any more than any other team celebrates their championship. the devils i think last year or the year before had the whole 2000 team at a game, just for the hell of it. did the rangers do anything like that? its something that 20 years from now should still be celebrated, and lets be honest, the rangers organization is not filled with many great moments.
I wanted to post something like this, but this is perfect.

How anybody can let a network "cheapen" their memories I'll never know.

Hell I can't count the number of times I've watched the "Summer of '94" Rangers-Knicks special, I stop every time on it's on, and it will never get old. The Rangers march to the cup, Ewing hitting big shots and hugging fans in the front row while the Knicks went to the Finals, BEST SUMMER EVER.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:02 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
I wanted to post something like this, but this is perfect.

How anybody can let a network "cheapen" their memories I'll never know.

Hell I can't count the number of times I've watched the "Summer of '94" Rangers-Knicks special, I stop every time on it's on, and it will never get old. The Rangers march to the cup, Ewing hitting big shots and hugging fans in the front row while the Knicks went to the Finals, BEST SUMMER EVER.
i just hate the whole "we need to move on" comment. move on to what? what is their to celebrate? i really dont think anyone is confusing 94 with the current team. when reliving the teams history, moments 1-10 are in 94. there is no need to "move on".

Old
08-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Pretty soon we're gonna be drafting kids born after that Cup win

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:38 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

We can just agree to disagree, I guess. I'm not saying I don't like seeing the memories. But for me, it's a little bit of overkill. To each his own though.

As far as what I would like to see on the network, like I said, a documentary on the history of the Rangers would be nice. Good or bad, I wanna see it. I remember the "Tradition On Ice" video, and even though it was a little corny in the commentary, I liked it. How bout pulling that out of the MSG Vault..and also, how bout bringing back freaking Sports Desk?

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote