HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikhail Pashnin to Play in N.A This Season (UPDATE: Signs extension in Russia)

Old
08-08-2011, 02:17 PM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

vCash: 500
Big suprise in my eyes...

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:21 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Man, but I thought he was the dark horse to make the team...
But...but...he hit everything in prospects camp??!!

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:29 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
After months of the talk that d-man Mikhail Pashnin may join the #NYR, he re-signed with #KHL's CSKA for two more years.
https://twitter.com/#!/dchesnokov/st...95677830184960

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I wasn't even fully sure he'd be playing in the AHL. I thought he'd spend some time in the ECHL, so I don't really care. Obviously this isn't good new though.

My thoughts on him were made quite clear in prospects polls. I had doubts about him being a top-4 defenseman in Hartford, much less being ready for the NHL.

Let him stay in Russia and earn some money. If next year he proves himself a solid top pair defenseman in the KHL, then he should jump over to the AHL. Moving to Hartford this year would just be a loss of money for him and he would merely get discouraged.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:20 PM
ThisYearsModel

Fetisov talked him into staying. He was quoted as saying that Pashnin would be "foolish to come to the USA, because he would end up in the AHL."

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:26 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Bawoosh ... another Russian prospect down the drain this year. I really thought this kid had a shot. It probably didn't take much to convince him to sign when Valentenko is 24, has gone back and fourth to the KHL and has yet to play in the NHL.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Richards to Gaborik

Oh well, maybe two more years of development will do him some good. He most likely would have been in the AHL, plus there is a logjam with regards to our defense anyhow.

Richards to Gaborik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:53 PM
TrollololBoyle

But Pashnin, you're gonna get top-notch meals and travel in a private jet with money coming out of Wade Redden's pocket! The AHL isn't that bad!

Can Pashnin opt-out early from his contract to come over, or is he contractually obligated to remain in the KHL during the duration of the contract? Hopefully he doesn't decide to stay in Russia once those 2 years are up.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Eh he would have been in the AHL, and probably not in the top-4

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 06:31 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
He's like 12th on our D depth chart, anyway. Let him develop in Russia for another two years. Who cares? It isn't BAD for him.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

he wont make a ton more money playing in the k but hell do pretty well. all that money goes alot farther when you arent paying half in taxes.

he knew he was a long shot at best to make the team and so would have ended up in the ahl. this again shows the bad rap the ahl has back in mother russia. guys just dont want to come to na to play in hartford, syracuse or hershey.

dont be so quick to judge this guy- hes doing what most marginal russians do. stay home.

however, keep an open mind on russian players because next spring, you will all be bombarded with the following names and everyone, and i mean everyone, will be foaming at the mouth over these 3.

yakupov
grigorenko
galenchyuk

these 3 are not marginal. at all. remember those names.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:19 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
he wont make a ton more money playing in the k but hell do pretty well. all that money goes alot farther when you arent paying half in taxes.

he knew he was a long shot at best to make the team and so would have ended up in the ahl. this again shows the bad rap the ahl has back in mother russia. guys just dont want to come to na to play in hartford, syracuse or hershey.

dont be so quick to judge this guy- hes doing what most marginal russians do. stay home.

however, keep an open mind on russian players because next spring, you will all be bombarded with the following names and everyone, and i mean everyone, will be foaming at the mouth over these 3.

yakupov
grigorenko
galenchyuk

Especially since 2 of them play in the OHL, and one has chosen to represent the US in international tournaments.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:35 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Quote:

yakupov
grigorenko
galenchyuk

Everyone is already "foaming at the mouth" over these guys!

Last edited by N9Y4R: 08-08-2011 at 07:56 PM.
N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:05 PM
RangerBlues

Quote:

yakupov
grigorenko
galenchyuk

How are you gonna love it when all three are Eastern Conference teams not named the Rangers.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:12 PM
NorthlandPro

Beyond the fact that he elected to stay in Russia is the merit of drafting russian players high to begin with.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:30 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He's like 12th on our D depth chart, anyway. Let him develop in Russia for another two years. Who cares? It isn't BAD for him.
^indeed! I was hoping he'd come over. I thought it was obvious he would be in the AHL learning the N.A. game on N.A. ice but I guess he's happy with the route of developing his game in the KHL and then coming over just like all the other Russian prospects who've successfully completed that development route. like... like... somebody give me a hand on this one?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:33 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Yeah, if he's going to play another two years in Russia, it's not to "develop"--it's to establish his career path. I'd be surprised, based on what we know, to ever see him play an NHL game.

I don't blame him, but let's be reality here.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:50 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Yeah, if he's going to play another two years in Russia, it's not to "develop"--it's to establish his career path. I'd be surprised, based on what we know, to ever see him play an NHL game.

I don't blame him, but let's be reality here.
Yeah, I definitely saw this signing as a pretty obvious hint Pashnin that isn't really one of our prospects anymore.

And I love how natural "Let's be reality" sounds at this point.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
Beyond the fact that he elected to stay in Russia is the merit of drafting russian players high to begin with.
Pashnin was picked in the 7th round, regardless of his country of origin, he is/was a long-shot to ever make the NHL.

And while picking a player from another country always has it's pitfalls, what are you going to do? Not pick good talent? There are so many variables involved when you're picking someone so young. And many prospects from other countries are willing to gamble by coming over too.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Yeah, I definitely saw this signing as a pretty obvious hint Pashnin that isn't really one of our prospects anymore.

And I love how natural "Let's be reality" sounds at this point.
It's the heat and the humidity (and the stock market).

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 08:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Pashnin's agent says 2-way contract offered by #NYR didn't suit them, so they decided to stay w/CSKA for 2 more years. (SovSport)
https://twitter.com/#!/byndblueshirt...88534684155904

All ELCs are automatically 2 way contracts. The same agent represents Alexander Avtsin who makes $67,500 AHL. The contract slid last season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/byndblueshirt...88534684155904

All ELCs are automatically 2 way contracts. The same agent represents Alexander Avtsin who makes $67,500 AHL. The contract slid last season.
honestly whatever, its a 7th round pick with some upside. He'll be 24 when he revisits this again

depth on D is strong without him so have fun in the mother land.

btw if Vtank does not make the team I could see him going back next yr

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Bawoosh ... another Russian prospect down the drain this year. I really thought this kid had a shot. It probably didn't take much to convince him to sign when Valentenko is 24, has gone back and fourth to the KHL and has yet to play in the NHL.
He didn't have a shot, I promise.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:53 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

An interview with Dement'ev (Pashnin's agent) was posted in Russian sports newspaper. What a BS from an agent - he said that they decided to stay in KHL because they didn't want to sign 2-way contract (but there is no other option, so ). Otherwise, he mentioned that Pashnin is continuing to work on his skating and other aspects of his game and that they are hoping his development would soon get him a place on Russian national team.
The site also quotes Nemchinov saying that Pashnin, in his opinion was not ready for NHL even though his play improved significantly toward the end of last season including play-offs in Russian junior league.

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/473084

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote