HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

PO'S signs with Coyotes

Old
08-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I should have said ever since he's been out of the nhl.

The guy's got skills, I'd give him another shot.
It is probably best for Patty O and the Kings that he ends up in a place like Phoenix. They have a great coach and a no pressure situation there. They've been successful with some reclamation projects too. He is going to have every opportunity to succeed there if he brings his "a" game. I think bringing him back to LA would just provide a distraction (old buddies) to a guy that clearly doesn't need any. He'll have a lot more of a chance cracking the Coyotes line up than the Kings.

That and hopefully his dad gets lost in the desert trying to track him down. "Man, we ain't found ****"!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:55 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

O'Sullivan's success in the NHL (or lack thereof) certainly hasn't been without a lot of chances to prove himself.

I wonder how guys like Bud Holloway must feel looking at a guy like Patio squander chance after chance when some don't get a chance at all.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
He needs some work between the ears.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
O'Sullivan's success in the NHL (or lack thereof) certainly hasn't been without a lot of chances to prove himself.

I wonder how guys like Bud Holloway must feel looking at a guy like Patio squander chance after chance when some don't get a chance at all.
I don't think that is a fair assesment but those are the breaks. How do you think the majority of Detroit's prospect pool feels?

Patrick earned himself those opportunities by having 2 fairly productive NHL seasons after a few very good AHL seasons. He has been given those opportunities to return to that form. Now maybe Bud Holloway deserved a chance here, I don't know enough about him to say one way or the other but assuming he does get one eventually and has 2 fairly productive seasons to follow, he'll get another opportunity. And really, is getting a 2-way contract that big of an opportunity? The guy is going to have to really wow the coaching staff to even have a shot at making the team.

Old
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Johnny Utah

I will never forget an interview with Patrick where he said Marc Crawford was really hard on him, but it helped him and that was his best year. Some guys thrive under guys like Keenan and Crawford, tough coaches...

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:39 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Just because he needs to work on those things doesn't mean he will. I'd rather keep him as far away from Manchester as possible.
No, you're right. He might not do it. But I'd be willing to take the risk. He hasn't done as well as we have expected, but I have not heard of any reports of being a poor locker room influence.

Personally, I think his career is going along the lines of Ray Whitney's in the early 90's. Similar players as well. I'd take a chance on him.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:40 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
I would much rather let the Portland Pirates figure it out BEFORE I even consider letting him get close to a Manchester locker room.
What are these "locker room" issues?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I will never forget an interview with Patrick where he said Marc Crawford was really hard on him, but it helped him and that was his best year. Some guys thrive under guys like Keenan and Crawford, tough coaches...
That probably has something to with his upbringing I would suppose.

Old
08-08-2011, 08:20 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
It is probably best for Patty O and the Kings that he ends up in a place like Phoenix. They have a great coach and a no pressure situation there. They've been successful with some reclamation projects too. He is going to have every opportunity to succeed there if he brings his "a" game. I think bringing him back to LA would just provide a distraction (old buddies) to a guy that clearly doesn't need any. He'll have a lot more of a chance cracking the Coyotes line up than the Kings.

That and hopefully his dad gets lost in the desert trying to track him down. "Man, we ain't found ****"!

Yeah, I agree that Phx is a good place for Sully. I was just thinking that he might find his niche coming back to LA seeing that he had his most successful season here. Sully just seems like a guy who's introverted and quiet and I thought being back with some of his old teammates in a familiar surrounding might help him.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote