HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is our biggest rival?

View Poll Results: Who is our biggest rival?
Detroit 24 77.42%
Columbus 1 3.23%
St. Louis 2 6.45%
Chicago 1 3.23%
Vancouver 2 6.45%
San Jose 1 3.23%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-09-2011, 05:25 AM
SilasAdams

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
That's because their fans are too stuck up to admit it
haha no. They just have decades of history and other teams that they hate far more.

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:38 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by leotroy82 View Post
Wings fan here ...I come in peace. I moved from Michigan to Kentucky about 2 years ago. I have came to have a deep respect for the Preds . Not only do you have a hell of a team on a shoestring budget ( that's pretty amazing IMO) but the preds give me a chance to see a ton of games on fsn south . I really enjoy Crispy and Weber's style of calling a game and love to see the fanbase you have made doing so well. I also catch Columbus games on fsn Ohio ...but fu## all things Ohio lol. Anyway I think that if we stay in the same division we could potentially build a real rivalry. Especially if we have a nice long playoff series atleast from the way some of my admittedly hockey snob brethren see things but from your point of view we are easily your top rival with the bleakhawks as runner up.
Anyway good luck on the upcoming season and. GO WINGS!!!! LOL
Where at in Kentucky, if you don't mind? I'm in Bowling Green.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton H Christ View Post
I hope y'all end up in the southeast next year, we need a good rival.
me too, because i hate your team with an absolute passion

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 08:32 AM
preds1

vCash: 50
Easily Detroit.......but it'll be hard to ever match the Colorado/Detroit rivalry.

Fight night was one of my all time favorites and the Jiri Fischer thing was a tough deal. I think there's a bit of unspoken respect going both ways though.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 09:28 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Our biggest Rival, is Detroit, but that feeling is not reciprocated by them.

Our biggest Rivalry(ie both teams engaged fully), however, is Columbus.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:47 AM
leotroy82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Where at in Kentucky, if you don't mind? I'm in Bowling Green.
not at all...nicholasville about 10 mins from lexington

leotroy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:04 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
DET but i hate Vancouver and SJ more
I'll third this. Although, SJ has grown on me a lot and Anaheim has slid WAAAAAAAAAY down on my 'like' chart.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:14 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I still hate the Blues more than any other team in the league. Vancouver is a close second. There's just something about the entire St Louis experience. The team, the fans, the announcers if I'm subjected to their feed rather than our own. All of it comes together simply to annoy me. I'm convinced of it.

Columbus is probably our biggest legitimate rival when you take into consideration hatred both ways. I don't really hate Columbus at all, though I don't like losing to them. They have or have had a few players that I absolutely cannot stand, and Umberger is one of them.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Our biggest Rival, is Detroit, but that feeling is not reciprocated by them.

Our biggest Rivalry(ie both teams engaged fully), however, is Columbus.
You think so? I like to beat them, but if they luck up and win it's really not a big deal. More like the law of averages. I have a much stronger hate for at least 3 teams and it amuses me that they hate us so much.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 01:25 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
You think so? I like to beat them, but if they luck up and win it's really not a big deal. More like the law of averages. I have a much stronger hate for at least 3 teams and it amuses me that they hate us so much.
the level of hate is only part of it

they are in our division, are also an expansion team, and we are the next bump in the road to get past on their way up(much like St Louis used tobe for us).

I absolutely hate the Sharks and the Canucks, but there isnt enough other connection to make that a real rivalry.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Chillwavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
That's because their fans are too stuck up to admit it
No, out of all the teams in the Central, I would say that my friends and I have the most respect for Nashville and that we would consider Nashville a soft rival to the wings.

There's just a bunch of problems with getting a bunch of Wings fans to really hate the preds, and I think hate is a prereq for a full-blown rivalry. For one, Nashville is such a young franchise compared to Detroit. Wings fans are pretty much obligated to hate Colorado, and Chicago, Toronto based on the franchise's past. And based on the present, our biggest rival in the West is probably SJ (outside of Chicago). There's not a lot of hate to go around from the Detroit side, so whenever Nas comes to town its always more "I wanna get down to the Joe to see the wings play the preds, weber is sick/pekka is such a monster goalie/ and it should be a good game" rather than "I wanna go see the wings ****ing murder the preds"

Nashville has neither the geographic proximity nor much bad blood with the wings (a la Lemieux-Draper hit). I can see why you guys hate us, considering you've had some tough losses to us, but we need to get something going the other way for a Nas-Det game to be a game that is really highly anticipated, be it a dirty play/hit, playoff losses, w/e.

For the record though, I didn't want to get anywhere near you guys in the playoffs...

Chillwavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 01:46 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
my past disdain for the wings has really faded. I voted for them because it was the obvious choice from a pred perspective, but I think I hate the blackhawks the most now. their fans that come to games here are by and large the biggest bunch of blow-hards I've ever encountered.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 02:08 PM
leotroy82

lol chicago fans are mostly a bunch of walmart hockey fans...they love the hawks....now that they are no longer a joke...I know a few that are for real puckheads but they are the minority . they are easy to spot ...ask them to name more than 4 players from the 03 season roster ..you could use pretty much any year before kane or toews were drafted. Blues fans can get a little hairy too been to a game in stl a few years back while visiting family in mo.

leotroy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 02:13 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

In the average fan's mind, it's Detroit, but on the ice, my vote goes to St. Louis.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Columbus is probably our biggest legitimate rival when you take into consideration hatred both ways. I don't really hate Columbus at all, though I don't like losing to them. They have or have had a few players that I absolutely cannot stand, and Umberger is one of them.
The same thing's true of quite a few folks up here. It's not so much a "hate" as "hate losing". I think that extends to the players as well - there's no cheapshot garbage like you might see in a typical rivalry.

And, incidentally, Umberger is a large part of why I am unlikely to ever be a full-time Preds fan. I loved him before he was a Blue Jacket, I was beyond ecstatic when Howson picked him up, and I've grown to love him even more as time has gone by. He's far and away my favorite player; I am a rabid Umberger fangirl and I refuse to apologize for it.

(As a peace offering, though... I think I may be the only Jackets fan ever who doesn't despise Tootoo. )

Also, I think St. Louis is making a concerted effort to be one of the most hated teams in the League. They're certainly succeeding in the division.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote