HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Pittsburgh

Old
08-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
Arguing Cole over Kunitz is perfectly reasonnable. As for Kostitsyn, i already said i'd pick Kunitz for 1 year. Kostitsyn is expect to start on the 3rd line anyways, so it doesnt help Kunitz cracking the top 4.

Before you label me as a perfect homer, i'd like to mention the 3rd lines duties for Staal in Mtl are completely ridiculous, he'd be fighting for the top spot with Plekanec imo.
Unless Staal suddenly becomes a near PPG player, there's no way he competes for Plekanec's spot. I would take him over Gomez for 2nd line duties in a nanosecond though.

As for the Kunitz vs Kostitsyn debate: for the coming season, Kunitz over Andrei? Sure, why not. For mid/long-term, not a chance. The 6-year gap is a non-starter, and some people in this thread really seem unaware of AK's actual upside, which is a good but not great power forward with game-breaking abilities which, even though are not displayed every single game, no Habs forwards, including Kunitz, are able to bring.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
Arguing Cole over Kunitz is perfectly reasonnable.
It may be reasonnable, but it is definitely not reasonable.

Quote:
As for Kostitsyn, i already said i'd pick Kunitz for 1 year. Kostitsyn is expect to start on the 3rd line anyways, so it doesnt help Kunitz cracking the top 4.
I don't really care where Kunitz would play in Montreal. He'd be at worst your third best winger, and that's all that matters in the context of this discussion.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 08:51 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
It may be reasonnable, but it is definitely not reasonable.

I don't really care where Kunitz would play in Montreal. He'd be at worst your third best winger, and that's all that matters in the context of this discussion.
On the left side, he would be 3rd, over all, he would play top 9 forward.
I wouldn't trade Kostitsyn for Kunitz reasonnable or unreasonable.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
On the left side, he would be 3rd, over all, he would play top 9 forward.
I wouldn't trade Kostitsyn for Kunitz reasonnable or unreasonable.
Kunitz would currently be your second best LW, yet I'm supposed to believe he wouldn't crack your top 6 just because you said so? Sure!

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
Kunitz would currently be your second best LW, yet I'm supposed to believe he wouldn't crack your top 6 just because you said so? Sure!

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote