HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looks like LA could use a goalie...

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2005, 01:41 PM
ajsonor

vCash: 500
Looks like LA could use a goalie...

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/teams/...IESTATS/yearly

Garon has a sub .900 save percentage is a 4+ gaa. The others aren't much better. If I'm Darcy thats who I call...

Old
09-29-2005, 01:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

got an offer in mind?

Old
09-29-2005, 02:03 PM
ajsonor

Looking at LA's Prospects and Buffalo's needs, there isn't going to be an easy fit. If Darcy has guts maybe he'll offer up Biron and one of the spare forwards, say Kotalik and ask for Tukonen back.

Without a multiplayer deal, I'd ask for Brian Boyle or a 2nd at this point and move on from there.

Old
09-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsonor
Looking at LA's Prospects and Buffalo's needs, there isn't going to be an easy fit. If Darcy has guts maybe he'll offer up Biron and one of the spare forwards, say Kotalik and ask for Tukonen back.

Without a multiplayer deal, I'd ask for Brian Boyle or a 2nd at this point and move on from there.
Tukonen? Keep dreaming. Weirder things have happened, but I really don't think they'd move Tukonen. Knowing the predicament the Sabres are in with too many forwards and keepers, I'd say a 3rd round pick or so would be what we'd take. Its either that or risk losing someone to waivers.

Old
09-29-2005, 02:12 PM
ajsonor

Regarding Tukonen, that's why I came back to reality and started with a mid-tier prospect with size or a 2nd. It'll all depend on the situation in LA. I went with a second knowing Darcy's history for pulling off a steal in these types of situations.

Old
09-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Takeo

Here's hoping my post is the only time Aaron Miller's name is mentioned in this thread!

Old
09-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Regarding Tukonen, that's why I came back to reality and started with a mid-tier prospect with size or a 2nd. It'll all depend on the situation in LA. I went with a second knowing Darcy's history for pulling off a steal in these types of situations.
I think that even Darcy will have a hard time coming out of this situation with a "steal". Unless what becomes of the trade works out better for us. Boyle or a 2nd I think is still too high for us to expect with the new CBA rules concerning players moving between the NHL and the farm team. Other teams are aware that we'll likely be forced to drop Noronen or Biron into the waiver pool. Virtually destroying any kind of bargaining pull we have. Like I said, weirder things have happened and a team like LA may become desperate before the season begins, but that's mostly wishful thinking on our part.

Old
09-29-2005, 02:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Tukonen is better than 'mid-tier'

Old
09-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Fan-of-#9

Mika Noronen and Ales Kotalik for Paul Baier and a 3rd round pick.

Old
09-29-2005, 02:29 PM
ajsonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Tukonen is better than 'mid-tier'
I was refering to Boyle as the mid-tier.

Old
09-29-2005, 02:56 PM
sabregoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5
I think that even Darcy will have a hard time coming out of this situation with a "steal". Unless what becomes of the trade works out better for us. Boyle or a 2nd I think is still too high for us to expect with the new CBA rules concerning players moving between the NHL and the farm team. Other teams are aware that we'll likely be forced to drop Noronen or Biron into the waiver pool. Virtually destroying any kind of bargaining pull we have. Like I said, weirder things have happened and a team like LA may become desperate before the season begins, but that's mostly wishful thinking on our part.

I don't think we can get better than a 5th or a 6th for Biron with teams knowing the situation. There are still decent goalies without contracts and other teams possibly looking to shop theirs. The market for goalies is low. I don't think any team will claim Biron and his 2mil is he gets sent to Rochester. Other teams may have to expose a goalie to claim him.

Old
09-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Would anyone be adverse to "future considerations" and have it based on whether he resigns there next summer and also in his performance during the season? I'd settle for "don't select any of our waiver bait this year, thanks" as enough for taking the contract.

09-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Would anyone be adverse to "future considerations" and have it based on whether he resigns there next summer and also in his performance during the season? I'd settle for "don't select any of our waiver bait this year, thanks" as enough for taking the contract.
Well, depending on who they are moving I don't think I'd have a problem with "futures". Noronen and Kotalik for "futures" protects us from losing them for nothing IF they improve for another team. Sign me up!

Old
09-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Takeo

Moving Biron's contract would definitely be worth futures.

Old
09-29-2005, 04:24 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/teams/...IESTATS/yearly

Garon has a sub .900 save percentage is a 4+ gaa. The others aren't much better. If I'm Darcy thats who I call...
Biron to LA is still an option. That being said, Buffalo is going to need to bring back some salary to make the deal work i fear. LA is stacked at natural centers, but rather thin on the wings. I'd deal Biron for futures, but if it were that simple, he'd be moved by now i suspect.

Closed Thread