HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

World cup in junior hockey teams

Old
08-05-2011, 11:51 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Goaltenders (2):
Tyler Kapp (Boston Bandits); Zachary Andrews (NH Jr. Monarchs).

Defensemen (7):
Brian Harris (Junior Bruins); Cody Smith (Junior Bruins); Tom Parisi (NH Jr. Monarchs); Jake Bolton (NH Jr. Monarchs); Mike LaFrenier (New England Huskies); Derek Stahl (NH Jr. Monarchs); Kyle Williams (NH Jr. Monarchs).

Forwards (13):
Matt Vidal (Bay State Breakers); Tyler Bouchard (Springfield Jr. Pics); Joe Prescott (South Shore Kings); Jimmy Vesey (South Shore Kings); Connor MacPhee (NH Jr. Monarchs); Zach Luczyk (Junior Bruins); Cam Brown (NH Jr. Monarchs); KJ Teifenwerth (Junior Bruins); Connor Gorman (NH Jr. Monarchs); Kyle Smith (Junior Bruins); Michael Jamieson (NH Jr. Monarchs); Stephen Miller (NH Jr. Monarchs); Nick Bligh (South Shore Kings).
what is source? Could you type a link? Is it final roster or just camp one?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 12:13 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

logo

Old
08-05-2011, 02:02 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Do you know if they had an offer to participate and why they refused? I assume due to schedulle and "prestige" of tourney.
I do hope that champions of Sweden, Finland, USHL and maybe CHL will participate in future.
Quote:
what is source? Could you type a link? Is it final roster or just camp one?
I haven't heard anything about this tournament from any US sources until now. The US Hockey Report website had the roster, which is final, but it's a pay site so I can't post a link. There was nothing regarding the USHL or anything else beyond the EJHL's participation and selection process. They are a very reliable source though so if they say that's the final roster, I believe them.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 09:01 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Do you know if they had an offer to participate and why they refused? I assume due to schedulle and "prestige" of tourney.
I do hope that champions of Sweden, Finland, USHL and maybe CHL will participate in future.
Talking to the EJHL coach Sean Tremblay today it seem like the EJHL got the offer to go to participate late spring/early summer and officially accepted in June.

I think because it's a new tournament Hockey Canada and USA Hockey was in no rush to send their best. I have to think if a KHL junior team wins this a couple of times in a row, I think you see a CHL and USHL team go over

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 05:56 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Roster of Tatranski Vlci (Slovakia) for tourney.

I will upload roster of Oil Barons and HK Riga soon.

Brankári - G
Obrancovia - D
Útočníci - F
in brackets year of born and previous team (Tatranski Vlci is new team)

Last edited by vorky: 08-08-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old
08-08-2011, 09:01 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

roster of Oil Barons and HK Riga
source: mhl

Old
08-08-2011, 09:27 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
roster of Oil Barons and HK Riga
source: mhl
Bukharts? u got to be kidding me, the guy's playing in the KHL mostly.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

I'd be surprised if Bukarts goes to Omsk. Then afaik, Vilkoits is on a try-out contract with Mora of Allsvenskan, while Indrashis and Upitis are currently training with Metalurgs Liepaja.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 11:02 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

guys, it is list which was sent to MHL by HK Riga. Maybe club selected more players and will choose from them. Maybe all guys will play in Omsk. I dont know. About Bukharts, yes you are right, he is KHL guy. But his age is for MHL, so he can play in Omsk. Maybe it is unfair, but every club has the same opportunity (except US and Can)

Old
08-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Teus

This is Malmö U20's roster at the start of the pre-season: http://mrmadhawk.se/2011/august/har-...j20-trupp.html

Other eligible players that are part of the senior team:
Emil Carnestad, D (1992)
Tim Heed, D (1991)
Roger Ohlsson, F (1992)
Pathrik Westerholm, F (1992)
Ponthus Westerholm, F (1992)

As people have said though, I doubt they will be released to play in the tournament. If any, maybe Carnestad and/or Ohlsson. Simon Karlsson, who is part of the junior team, is currently with the senior team too.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 02:00 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
This is Malmö U20's roster at the start of the pre-season: http://mrmadhawk.se/2011/august/har-...j20-trupp.html

Emil Carnestad, D (1992)
Tim Heed, D (1991)
Roger Ohlsson, F (1992)

As people have said though, I doubt they will be released to play in the tournament. If any, maybe Carnestad and/or Ohlsson. Simon Karlsson, who is part of the junior team, is currently with the senior team too.
This roster is too young in my opinion (of course without guys who are in senior team). Players born 1990 and younger are eligible. Are there any 90, 91 guys in Malmo system? You wrote only Heed.

Old
08-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Teus

Quote:
This roster is too young in my opinion (of course without guys who are in senior team). Players born 1990 and younger are eligible. Are there any 90, 91 guys in Malmo system? You wrote only Heed.
The ones listed in the post and link are the ones eligible, so no more players born 90 or 91 in the organisation.

Apparently all Malmö's 92s have applied for visa, so there is at least a chance of for example the Westerholm twins showing up. We can probably count out Heed as I really doubt the men's team will let him go, so the oldest players will be born 92.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 02:21 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
The ones listed in the post and link are the ones eligible, so no more players born 90 or 91 in the organisation.

Apparently all Malmö's 92s have applied for visa, so there is at least a chance of for example the Westerholm twins showing up. We can probably count out Heed as I really doubt the men's team will let him go, so the oldest players will be born 92.
thx you guy, it is useful info

Old
08-20-2011, 06:42 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:

Emil Carnestad, D (1992)
Tim Heed, D (1991)
Roger Ohlsson, F (1992)

only Simon Karlsson will play according to my info. Only one guy born 1991 - Zebastian Ilestedt

Old
08-21-2011, 07:39 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Final roster of Tatranski Vlci for tourney. Some cuts were made. Goalie David Marek (´91), dmen Michal Pástor (´92), Tomáš Pištora (´93), Matúš Duriš (´91) and forwards Tomáš Pacanda (´92), Stanislav Erben (´93), Matúš Baláž (´92) a Zdeněk Hrouda (´92) are off roster, so wont play for Tatranski Vlci in MHL. They were substituted by goalie Petr Hruška (´90 from HC LEV). dmen Lukáš Chalupa (´93, from Mlada Boleslav), Michael Dvořak (´92, from Sparta Praha) and forward Daniel Vlach (´94, from Motor City - USA)

Old
08-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Fulcrum

It seems that this tournament is generating some international interest.

Just imagine if one day USHL and CHL champs join, then TSN would probably cover it. Would be nice..

I wonder if CSKA red-army will send it's A roster, or the current one they have (Without Kucherov, Gusev, Marchenko) That would make a world of difference...

I also hope it'll generate enough interest for other nations to host it.

Jr hockey is the purest form of competative hockey, which is really interesting to watch. It's great to have the U-20 tournament, but there is nothing wrong to see which Jr. Club is the best (in the world..)

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:19 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
It seems that this tournament is generating some international interest.

Just imagine if one day USHL and CHL champs join, then TSN would probably cover it. Would be nice..

I wonder if CSKA red-army will send it's A roster, or the current one they have (Without Kucherov, Gusev, Marchenko) That would make a world of difference...

I also hope it'll generate enough interest for other nations to host it.

Jr hockey is the purest form of competative hockey, which is really interesting to watch. It's great to have the U-20 tournament, but there is nothing wrong to see which Jr. Club is the best (in the world..)
CSKA wont send their best, no Gusev, Kucherov, Marchenko and co. CSKA will send young team, six boys born 1995. Webhokej24.sk will publish rosters soon, I will upload it here so wait

I agree with rest of your message.

Old
08-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
CSKA wont send their best, no Gusev, Kucherov, Marchenko and co. CSKA will send young team, six boys born 1995. Webhokej24.sk will publish rosters soon, I will upload it here so wait

I agree with rest of your message.
Hmmn, the current Red Army team is not very promising. They'll be competative, but barely- I think.

Old
08-21-2011, 12:53 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Hmmn, the current Red Army team is not very promising. They'll be competative, but barely- I think.
They have too young roster IMO. Too many 95 born guys. This year of birth can play MHL after getting special permition from league. Problem is that Grigs and Kamaev are off, so two vacant places. I thought they will give chance to max 2 players born 1995...

Old
08-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Fulcrum

According to Bragin, CSKA's best juniors will be at the tournament..
Gusev, Kucherov, Marchenko, Ozhiganov, Lyubimov..

http://allhockey.ru/news/103509/

Old
08-22-2011, 07:57 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
According to Bragin, CSKA's best juniors will be at the tournament..
Gusev, Kucherov, Marchenko, Ozhiganov, Lyubimov..

http://allhockey.ru/news/103509/
great.. but my info is different. I hope Bragin is right

Old
08-22-2011, 08:47 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

final roster of HK Riga. Some changes were made as I wrote already.

Btw Bragin said that Red Army will be at full strenght, it is not true - no Kucherov and co. My info says it.

Old
08-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Fulcrum

Aren't the rosters finalized until the very beginning of the competition.

Unless your information is the head coach of CSKA Jr team, I think Bragin knows his players' availability.

Old
08-22-2011, 11:19 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Aren't the rosters finalized until the very beginning of the competition.

Unless your information is the head coach of CSKA Jr team, I think Bragin knows his players' availability.
as I know deadline for final rosters was a few days ago. CSKA has made changes every day.. so breaks rules Btw at today´s roster is not Kucherov and co. (I asked after reading this article from Bragin) My info is directly from MHL. Of course changes can happen but I dont think it will happen. Maybe only injuries.

Old
08-22-2011, 11:57 AM
cheerupmurray

This Malmö-team is hardly one of the best among the swedish junior teams. It could have been but they have constantly been losing players.

Calle Andersson one of the most talented d-man born 1994 did leave for Färjestad.
Max Görtz a big center born 1993 that have played quite a bit for the national team left for Färjestad.
Victor Mångs a big and nasty d-man born 1992 left to play in Denmark.
Sebastian Dyk interesting winger born 1992 went to play in QMJHL
Emil Sylvegård born 1993 went to play in QMJHL
Victor Öhman born 1992 was once hyped as a top-10 pick for the 2010-draft didn't suceed in Malmös senior team and left for Linköping.

Plus a couple of other good players that ended up in other clubs.

Anybody know why Malmö keep losing some of their best juniors? They still have the Westerholm twins, Ohlson and Carnestad but it seems to me that they didn't really make the most of the good 1992-group that once won u-16 sm.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote