HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

How many points do you think Wilson is capable of?

View Poll Results: How many points do you think Wilson is capable of?
40-50 2 5.71%
50-60 13 37.14%
60-70 19 54.29%
80+ 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-07-2011, 11:30 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
How many points do you think Wilson is capable of?

Just curious to what every one here thinks. Im not asking how many points you think he will get next year. But at his peak in his career.

Ah i knew i left out an option. If you think 70-80 write it in i guess

Last edited by I Will Son: 08-08-2011 at 12:34 AM.
I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

where is the less than 40-50 bar?

ah you meant for the peak of his career. Still think he is no more than a 50-60 point guy

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

65 is where I've always pegged him

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 12:34 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

left out 70-80. write it in if thats your answer

Old
08-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Legionnaire11

I figure something around 45 this season, but surprised not to see any choices below that... 80???

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:27 AM
SilasAdams

this season. i hope for 50-60 pleaseee...breakout year would be nice...

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:56 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I actually won't be shocked if he leads the team in points at the end of the season.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 10:13 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

This season I'm hoping he can get at least 50 points, as for the top of his career 60-70 sounds about right.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I actually won't be shocked if he leads the team in points at the end of the season.
i wouldnt be shocked either but I dont think thats likely. Especially if we add a scorer like every one is hoping

Old
08-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

When have we ever drafted & KEPT a point per game player ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 11:15 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
we havent. the only one with potential to is in Russia

I put the option there because i think some people mainly outside NSH believe he could be

Old
08-08-2011, 12:43 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
When have we drafted one and let him go?

Old
08-08-2011, 12:48 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I think with Ryan Suter who had similar benching in the playoffs will bring valuable leadership to Wilson and he'll have a breakout year

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I think with Ryan Suter who had similar benching in the playoffs will bring valuable leadership to Wilson and he'll have a breakout year
I'm not sure it'll bring leadership out, but hopefully a little more maturity and polish to his game. I thought Wilson was a much more dangerous offensive player after being inserted into the lineup in the second round. His timing was off and that hurt, but he was more cognizant of the little things that must be done and more willing to use his body to make plays instead of trying to stickhandle through and around people.

If Wilson can take those lessons learned and enter camp with that same game I think he could breakout. However that being said, until he comes into camp and wins a spot, I don't think he starts the year in the top-six, but will instead be penciled onto the 3rd scoring line to start the year...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 01:15 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

yeah, I agree he looked better in the 2nd round. I think he knows he has to work on his problem areas now, this is big boy hockey...

Old
08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
I think you guys are selling him short. A 50-65 point guy? I think he has a solid year this year, increasing his totals. The following year I see a PPG out of him, if not more.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Is Wilson for sale?? ... Buff needs either a 2 or 3 center ..... Have Wingers galore ... Wilson for a Winger?

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 03:52 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I think you guys are selling him short. A 50-65 point guy? I think he has a solid year this year, increasing his totals. The following year I see a PPG out of him, if not more.
PPG? So you're putting him in the top 10-15 scorers in the league in 2012-13? Bold prediction.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
If everthing goes perfectly, Wilson has that potential. But nothing ever goes perfectly. His ceiling is PPG, his likely max is 60-70

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 06:57 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I'm not sure it'll bring leadership out, but hopefully a little more maturity and polish to his game. I thought Wilson was a much more dangerous offensive player after being inserted into the lineup in the second round. His timing was off and that hurt, but he was more cognizant of the little things that must be done and more willing to use his body to make plays instead of trying to stickhandle through and around people.

If Wilson can take those lessons learned and enter camp with that same game I think he could breakout. However that being said, until he comes into camp and wins a spot, I don't think he starts the year in the top-six, but will instead be penciled onto the 3rd scoring line to start the year...
I was talking about Suter's leadership since has gone through the benching and maybe he can relate to Wilson is a positive way. He was a waste when Trotz put him in the lineup in the second round. His timing was way off and all did was play a defensive game and I heard one of the commentaters on Versus say they was impressed with Wilson defensive play when he heard about Wilson's lack thereof when he blocked a shot. I think his distractors are unfair since he's only played in real time a season and half. Remember he was hurt in the first half of season 1. Another thing to remember he is learning a new position since he was drafted as a center. It may take him longer to adapt to a different position. Some players hit a wall and this takes experience and time but everyone needs their whipping boy and Wilson was elected and that is something he has to overcome not work against the system but suceed despite it

Last edited by roseyc: 08-09-2011 at 07:05 PM.
roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 08:49 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I was talking about Suter's leadership since has gone through the benching and maybe he can relate to Wilson is a positive way. He was a waste when Trotz put him in the lineup in the second round. His timing was way off and all did was play a defensive game and I heard one of the commentaters on Versus say they was impressed with Wilson defensive play when he heard about Wilson's lack thereof when he blocked a shot. I think his distractors are unfair since he's only played in real time a season and half. Remember he was hurt in the first half of season 1. Another thing to remember he is learning a new position since he was drafted as a center. It may take him longer to adapt to a different position. Some players hit a wall and this takes experience and time but everyone needs their whipping boy and Wilson was elected and that is something he has to overcome not work against the system but suceed despite it
Very solid points. Im one of few who didnt see too many flaws in his game last year. Ppl seemed to exaggerate it. Hes 21 and learning a new position like you said. I strongly believe he will have a breakout year. But then again im bias toward Wilson, as you can tell by my username. Always had high hopes for him and still do. His best friend JVR took a while to breakout to. And he was 3rd overall. Power-forwards need time to develop.