HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread and Index 2011-2012 Edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2011, 10:01 PM
ct2111

vCash: 500
I think Pysyk is #5.

Old
08-06-2011, 10:18 PM
jfb392

Oleksiak and Pysyk are paired for Red on the PP, while Gauthier-Leduc and Morrow are one of the PP units for White.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
I think Pysyk is #5.
Now that the game is 40 minutes old, I've finally seen a clear shot of him and he is indeed #5.

Last edited by jfb392: 08-06-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old
08-06-2011, 10:31 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Oleksiak and Pysyk are paired for Red on the PP, while Gauthier-Leduc and Morrow are one of the PP units for White.

Now that the game is 40 minutes old, I've finally seen a clear shot of him and he is indeed #5.
Once I recognized his number I tried to focus on him more. I don't think there has been one scoring chance for team white while he was on the ice. Haven't seen a turnover from him either.

And Oleksiak, good or bad you just notice him.

Pysyk (if I saw that correctly) didn't look too good on DSP's goal.

Last edited by ct2111: 08-06-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old
08-06-2011, 10:54 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Once I recognized his number I tried to focus on him more. I don't think there has been one scoring chance for team white while he was on the ice. Haven't seen a turnover from him either.

And Oleksiak, good or bad you just notice him.
Well, the game slowed down a lot in the 2nd, so maybe it's just that.

He's been much better than when I saw him with Northeastern.

Pysyk gets a minus on the Smith-Pelly goal.

JGL with Petgrave now.

Old
08-06-2011, 11:01 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Well, the game slowed down a lot in the 2nd, so maybe it's just that.

He's been much better than when I saw him with Northeastern.
He seems to drive to the net a lot. He's been better than I expected him to be offensively and not really impressive IMO on the defensive side.

Quote:
Pysyk gets a minus on the Smith-Pelly goal.
Was it him who got caught out of position on the 2-on-1 right before the goal?

Old
08-06-2011, 11:06 PM
jfb392

Quote:
He seems to drive to the net a lot. He's been better than I expected him to be offensively and not really impressive IMO on the defensive side.

Was it him who got caught out of position on the 2-on-1 right before the goal?
Yeah, I think he's trying to make an impression, but I'm not sure that will get him a spot.
Hay doesn't like that type of defenseman.. at all.

I'm pretty sure he was the one who was out of position as he fell down just before that.

Old
08-06-2011, 11:11 PM
ct2111

Pysyk with another minus.

Quote:
Yeah, I think he's trying to make an impression, but I'm not sure that will get him a spot.
Hay doesn't like that type of defenseman.. at all.
You're probably right. It's just odd seeing him jump into a lot of rushes when all the scouting reports described him as defensive d-man.

Old
08-06-2011, 11:12 PM
jfb392

Awesome unforced giveaway below the goal line from JGL with less than two minutes left in a 4-4 game..

Edit: RNH with two straight to win it 5-4 for White.
Not really a good night for either JGL or Pysyk IMO, but a good game if you're a fan of Canada.
Tomorrow's game should be even better now that the lines have been mixed.

Last edited by jfb392: 08-06-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old
08-06-2011, 11:17 PM
ct2111

What a meltdown by team red. Going from being up 4-1 in the third to giving up the GWG with 20 seconds left.

Old
08-07-2011, 07:41 AM
jfb392

Another TSN feature that has Pysyk in it.

Maybe we signed him to a contract a year in advance so he could use the signing bonus as a down payment for an island, not so he could buy some new shoes.

Old
08-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Edler4Norris
Nucks / Flyers

Send a message via AIM to Edler4Norris Send a message via MSN to Edler4Norris
Top ten.
1. Armia - Hands and size, skates illusively for his size.
2. Kassian - Size to be physical, skill to be a power forward
3. Adam - Still debatable from one two three. Adam has a lot of skill and potential.
4. McNabb - I believe he has the potential to be a top 4 defensemen even with Myers, Regehr, Ehrhoff.
5. Foligno - Solidly growing from the foundation up.
6. Schiestel - Has the skill to be higher. Injuries have happened.
7. Pysyk - Physical by nature, and developing
8. Sundher - Steadily developing
10. Catenacci - Blazing speed and a hard worker.

Old
08-07-2011, 08:06 PM
jfb392

The last Red/White game is beginning and the teams are actually equal tonight (12 forwards and 8 defenseman each).
Lessio, Siemens, and Smith-Pelly are all out of the line up and Oleksiak is on Team White now to replace Siemens.

Edit: Another unforced giveaway from JGL. He's not ready for this camp.

Last edited by jfb392: 08-07-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old
08-08-2011, 02:16 AM
AnthonySaxe

I'll be making the drive up to Lake Placid tomorrow to check out Armia in the exhibition tournament, where Finland will take on the USA White squad. I'll report back tomorrow with my findings.

Old
08-08-2011, 02:33 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySaxe View Post
I'll be making the drive up to Lake Placid tomorrow to check out Armia in the exhibition tournament, where Finland will take on the USA White squad. I'll report back tomorrow with my findings.
What time is this game? Sorry to be annoying, I'm being lazy.

Old
08-08-2011, 02:38 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
What time is this game? Sorry to be annoying, I'm being lazy.
4:30PM EDT.

Old
08-08-2011, 05:30 PM
jfb392

Armia picks up the primary assist on Miro Aaltonen's goal five minutes into the second period vs. USA White.
The game is tied 3-3.

Anyone watching?
I don't want to/can't afford to waste my money on this game.

Old
08-08-2011, 06:05 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Armia picks up the primary assist on Miro Aaltonen's goal five minutes into the second period vs. USA White.
The game is tied 3-3.

Anyone watching?
I don't want to/can't afford to waste my money on this game.
I'm not. I'm trying to follow, but can't seem to get a good way to do so. Was hoping I could follow you via updates

Old
08-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Meh. A few flashes, but generally nothing to write home about.

Old
08-08-2011, 10:23 PM
AnthonySaxe

Just got home from Lake Placid.

Armia had a pretty decent game I thought. The first period, Finland was really outplayed, though they scored some goals. Armia was on the 2nd line, and they didn't really generate much.

The 2nd period was his strongest. He made a beautiful play on the play that led to his assist. I got the puck at the top of the circle in the zone and carried it across and through the other circle on the backhand, then he made a quick move to the forehand and made a quick pass across the slot to his teammate who just tapped it in.

He had another play in the period where he got the puck at the blueline and just devastated the USA defender at the blueline with and inside deke. He took a hard wrister after the deke and put it just wide on the far side.

He worked on the 2nd PP unit and had a nice shift where he pick a slapper out of the air and then backhanded it just wide. Real nice hands play.

3rd period, again not much generated by Finland. Armia got some PK time towards the end of the period where he broke up one play, and then later cleared the puck,

Lines were rolled in order, so he didn't get a ton more time than anyone else. His linemates didn't really generate much, so it's hard to gauge his play. He definitely seemed to be the most talented player on his line. Pulkkinnen(sp) was the first line RW, and he didn't really impress me like I thought he might.

Armia looked very calm and smooth with the puck. He fought along the boards, but got outmuscled a bit. He came out with control and made a few nice plays from the board. He did finish his checks. He played a safe game in his own zone, and seemed to have pretty good positioning and awareness.

Only real negative was that he looked a bit tentative at times, especially in the neutral zone. He seemed to wait for the play to come to him, but when it did, he worked.

-------

I sat right in front of John Christiano, who was chatting it up with a Ducks scout. He said "Darcy wants us to do a lot of different things," referring to Darcy wanting his scouts to scout all different leagues and levels of play. He said nobody really has their own "area." He also commented that Devine runs the first 2 rounds of the draft and then turns it over to the scouts. He seemed to think some changes in the scouting department were going to happen, saying "we'll see what happens coming up". I just think he was commenting on additions to the staff.

A Dallas Stars scout was dressed like he was going to clean his boat.

That is all.

Old
08-09-2011, 01:38 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Just got home from Lake Placid.

Armia had a pretty decent game I thought. The first period, Finland was really outplayed, though they scored some goals. Armia was on the 2nd line, and they didn't really generate much.

The 2nd period was his strongest. He made a beautiful play on the play that led to his assist. I got the puck at the top of the circle in the zone and carried it across and through the other circle on the backhand, then he made a quick move to the forehand and made a quick pass across the slot to his teammate who just tapped it in.

He had another play in the period where he got the puck at the blueline and just devastated the USA defender at the blueline with and inside deke. He took a hard wrister after the deke and put it just wide on the far side.

He worked on the 2nd PP unit and had a nice shift where he pick a slapper out of the air and then backhanded it just wide. Real nice hands play.

3rd period, again not much generated by Finland. Armia got some PK time towards the end of the period where he broke up one play, and then later cleared the puck,

Lines were rolled in order, so he didn't get a ton more time than anyone else. His linemates didn't really generate much, so it's hard to gauge his play. He definitely seemed to be the most talented player on his line. Pulkkinnen(sp) was the first line RW, and he didn't really impress me like I thought he might.

Armia looked very calm and smooth with the puck. He fought along the boards, but got outmuscled a bit. He came out with control and made a few nice plays from the board. He did finish his checks. He played a safe game in his own zone, and seemed to have pretty good positioning and awareness.

Only real negative was that he looked a bit tentative at times, especially in the neutral zone. He seemed to wait for the play to come to him, but when it did, he worked.

-------

I sat right in front of John Christiano, who was chatting it up with a Ducks scout. He said "Darcy wants us to do a lot of different things," referring to Darcy wanting his scouts to scout all different leagues and levels of play. He said nobody really has their own "area." He also commented that Devine runs the first 2 rounds of the draft and then turns it over to the scouts. He seemed to think some changes in the scouting department were going to happen, saying "we'll see what happens coming up". I just think he was commenting on additions to the staff.

A Dallas Stars scout was dressed like he was going to clean his boat.

That is all.
Awesome. Thanks.

Old
08-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Thanks for the writeup AS.

08-09-2011, 10:26 AM
thomast

He's pretty good at setting up goals aswell. I have never questioned his work ethic and wondered why scouting services called him lazy, he needs to be more consistent.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
He's pretty good at setting up goals aswell. I have never questioned his work ethic and wondered why scouting services called him lazy, he needs to be more consistent.
Big men who get around on a long stride often get that moniker and have for years. The Big M used to get bagged on for it -- sometimes it seems people want to see guys feet and elbows going like mad rather than someone who gets from point to point on a few seemingly easy strides.

Old
08-09-2011, 03:43 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed report.

Old
08-09-2011, 04:10 PM
AnthonySaxe

My pleasure. I look forward to seeing how he does in the rest of the games, those USA squads are going to give Finland a hell of a time by the looks of it.

------

Wow, looks like Finland got smoked. Sweden won 7-1, but Armia had a secondary assist on the lone Finland powerplay goal.

Last edited by AnthonySaxe: 08-09-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Closed Thread