HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Bert Wanting Some Serious Cash

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 03:00 PM
creative giant*

vCash: 500
Bert Wanting Some Serious Cash

So far from what I've heard about Bertuzzi's situation he wants 23 million for 3 years (7.67 million a year). His agent also said

"From our mindset our decision is made. Our price is our price. If Vancouver is at that level there will be happy times on the weekend. If not, we'll move on to the next review.''

I hope he flys south permanently so the canucks fans will stop asking us why we didn't want Doug Weight. I seriously can't see any way the canucks can afford that kind of money, espescially with the new CBA coming and potentially coming back to bite them in the arse. If they do pay up that means they can't afford someone else, sing it with me now all my canuck-hating brothers and sisters

naa naa naa naa
naa naa naa naa
heeeeyyyy
goodbye

Old
10-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Mr Sakich

from what I have heard, he wants this year to be the first year of the deal. Instead of 3.7 mill, he wants the 7 mill for this year.

he allready has 3 points in 6 games so he can pretty well much name his price.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:18 PM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
If the Canucks have balls they will tell Bertuzzi to take a hike.

This thread is picking up steam too...

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=21907

Old
10-22-2003, 04:22 PM
outKast*

7.63 is not bad compared to what they're paying the other players out there. They're fricken paying Bobby Holik 9 million a year and Jagr 11 miilion. 7.63 is a steal when you compare Bert to them. No one has been able to dominate the game offensively and physically the way Bertuzzi has these past couple years since the old Eric Lindros. That's still a lot of money though from the Canucks point of view. The way i see it is if Vancouver wants to keep a player of that calbre, they're going have to pay him what he's worth. That's just how the NHL works these days. It's sad really.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:24 PM
nikeisevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
7.63 is not bad compared to what they're paying the other players out there. They're fricken paying Bobby Holik 9 million a year and Jagr 11 miilion. 7.63 is a steal when you compare Bert to them. No one has been able to dominate the game offensively and physically the way Bertuzzi has these past couple years since the old Eric Lindros. That's still a lot of money though from the Canucks point of view. The way i see it is if Vancouver wants to keep a player of that calbre, they're going have to pay him what he's worth. That's just how the NHL works these days. It's sad really.
True - but Burke giving in on this? I don't see it. Burke is in the same category of GM's as Kevin Lowe. He doesn't want to be part of the problem in salary escalation - he wants to be part of the solution.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:27 PM
outKast*

True. Hope everything works out for the Canucks though. It would be a huge blow to the team if they lost Bertuzzi after this season. Burke needs to do something, im not sure what, but it has to be for the best of his team. Vancouver's chance at the Stanley Cup could be determined by how he deals with this situation.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:29 PM
Mr Sakich

to put his salary into perspective, assuming they average 17,000 a game, they have to give the first 9.75$ per ticket to todd. Every season ticket holder puts about $500 of their money into his pocket.

I don't know if that is a fair price, but that is what it is.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:29 PM
nikeisevil

It looks like Burke has gone to the ownership on this one. He probably won't accept it himself so he's saying to the owner "If you want him, you're saying yes - not me."

Old
10-22-2003, 04:32 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
It looks like Burke has gone to the ownership on this one. He probably won't accept it himself so he's saying to the owner "If you want him, you're saying yes - not me."
Word is out of Vancouver media is that Burke agrees with Pat Morris & Todd on their terms. He has never brought a contract to Mr. McCaw that he didn't feel was fair.

Radio here is saying that he will be signed, and a press conference will be set tommorrow. We'll have to see.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:35 PM
nikeisevil

I suppose that is good news for Vancouver. They can technically afford that salary now.

Now what happens when it comes time for Naslund to re-sign? Or is he truly going to go back to Sweden?

Old
10-22-2003, 04:38 PM
outKast*

Quote:
I suppose that is good news for Vancouver. They can technically afford that salary now.

Now what happens when it comes time for Naslund to re-sign? Or is he truly going to go back to Sweden?

I know it's not for sure but the Sedin twins better break out and become a dominating, dynamic duo if the Cannucks lose Naslund too.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:40 PM
nikeisevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip

I know it's not for sure but the Sedin twins better break out and become a dominating, dynamic duo if the Cannucks lose Naslund too.
So far the Sedins are doing great now that they've been teamed with King. Look for that line to light it up this year. The Sedins did it just in time - they have a new contract to sign at the end of this year if I remember correctly.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Mizral

Quote:

Naslund has this year, and next year in which he is under contract + a team option after that.

Closed Thread