HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comeau and Bailey trade idea

Old
08-09-2011, 11:01 AM
jerseyislander22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
I'm not s sure about this. What Tavares & Moulson need is fast skater who works the corners and can hit those other two. Tavares is a scorer/passer, Moulson a shooter. Comeau has speed and can hit, but he is also a shooter. He would have to be a strong forechecker/backchecker and give up some shooting for that line to make the most of their abilities.
I would be surprised if thet are going to pay PAP $1.2MM to sit in the owners box.
basically why I hope we do hold onto bailey and he gets another chance... if he can pan out and be a legit 2nd line center.... then strome and JT are going to be an dynamic duo

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:22 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

PowerPlay Time On Ice - 2011-12
1) PAP - 283 minutes
2) Tavares - 276 min
3) Moulson - 276 min
4) Comeau - 193 min
5) MacDonald - 183 min
then Nielsen, Bailey, Hamonic, Okposo was higher than Comeau on a per/game basis but only played half the year.

Now add: Mark Streit and Brian Rolston who are both excellent on the PP.
Add: Michael Grabner who just started playing some PP at the end of the year
Add: Nino Niederreiter (maybe) or Calvin deHaan (maybe) or another player via trade/UFA, etc.....

and there aren't as many available minutes to spread around the PP which will GREATLY influence the point totals.

Spreading PP time among: Tavares, Moulson, Okposo, Streit, Rolston, Parenteau, Comeau, Nielsen, Grabner, Bailey - I wouldn't count on too much point production from Comeau next year.

I like Comeau a great deal, but he's not a 70pt player. He's just not that good offensively. I don't even think he broke 80pts in junior.

The Islanders are a better team with Comeau on the ice over Parenteau. I think Bailey is better than BOTH of them and still has a higher upside than many of the prospects. I believe Bailey can be as good offensively as anyone not named Tavares. Just because he hasn't put it together YET doesn't mean he can't or won't. (maybe Van-Fla felt the same way about Grabner at one time - not too long ago)

Bottom line: I don't think either should be traded and I don't think either's value is best measured in goals and assists. They BOTH need to add consistency in their game but I'm happy with them on this team at this stage.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
seafoam
Nielsen, Frans

vCash: 50
I have Comeau and Bailey trade idea! None!?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 12:14 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
I'm not s sure about this. What Tavares & Moulson need is fast skater who works the corners and can hit those other two. Tavares is a scorer/passer, Moulson a shooter. Comeau has speed and can hit, but he is also a shooter. He would have to be a strong forechecker/backchecker and give up some shooting for that line to make the most of their abilities.
I would be surprised if thet are going to pay PAP $1.2MM to sit in the owners box.
PAP does make a lot of money, he could make up a good 4th line with Martin and Reasoner.

Comeau will hit and has some speed, he compliments the other 2 guys perfectly. Comeau is in a contract year, we have depth in the forward department, the days of Sim, Jackman, Schremp, Tambo etc.. are over.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 03:36 PM
jerseyislander22

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
PAP does make a lot of money, he could make up a good 4th line with Martin and Reasoner.

Comeau will hit and has some speed, he compliments the other 2 guys perfectly. Comeau is in a contract year, we have depth in the forward department, the days of Sim, Jackman, Schremp, Tambo etc.. are over.
They didn't resign PAP to play on the 4th line... bar an upgrade or KO jumping to that line he will be playing with JT and Moulson. I'd rather see Comeau play with Bailey and see if they can get that magic they had at the beginning of the season when they looked like the sedins playing. Comeau would make to many shooters on that line...

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote