HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
07-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
How much is customary to throw those tip jars for the bands along the strip? I've seen people throwing in anything from $1 (or nothing) to $20
5 is a solid #

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
How much is customary to throw those tip jars for the bands along the strip? I've seen people throwing in anything from $1 (or nothing) to $20
How drunk are you and how much did you like the last song they played?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:32 PM
ouendan1

Hi everyone!

I'm a Kings fan but go to school in Michigan, I'm looking at following the Kings during their central division road trip in march (conveniently on my spring break) and Nashville is stop numero uno with the Kings playing Nashville on Tuesday, March 6th. I'm curious as to how hard tickets are to come by, would I be able to just walk up to the box office the day of the game and get seats?

Any help would be appreciated, I'll be staying in Nashville for an extra day so any cool museums or places of interest (I'm not much of a bar hopper kind of person) would also be much appreciated!

ouendan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouendan1 View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm a Kings fan but go to school in Michigan, I'm looking at following the Kings during their central division road trip in march (conveniently on my spring break) and Nashville is stop numero uno with the Kings playing Nashville on Tuesday, March 6th. I'm curious as to how hard tickets are to come by, would I be able to just walk up to the box office the day of the game and get seats?

Any help would be appreciated, I'll be staying in Nashville for an extra day so any cool museums or places of interest (I'm not much of a bar hopper kind of person) would also be much appreciated!
In years past, you probably could walk up to a tuesday night game and grab tickets. This year, we'll see. Season ticket sales, mini packs, and project single game sales are skyrocketing. To be safe, I'd buy in advance. Plus, as announced recently, the earlier you buy tickets, the cheaper they will be.

As far as attractions, the Parthenon is #1. It's a few minutes from the arena too, so not a bad drive. Even if you aren't a bar hopper, check out downtown at night. Eat somewhere near the arena and listen to the music and whatnot. its a unique experience.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 12:10 AM
ouendan1

awesome thanks for the help!

I'll probably end up buying tickets beforehand. I try to avoid ticketmaster at all costs cause they charge you up the butt in convenience fees. What sections does the visiting team shoot twice at? At Staples Center in LA those sections are a few bucks cheaper then the sections the home team shoots twice.

I've got plenty of time to save up some money to make this a worthwhile trip and Nashville is going to be my longest stay. I've looked up info on the Parthenon and it absolutely looks like something I'll do.

ouendan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:28 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
The visiting attack twice sections:

101-104, 117-120
201-207, 216-224
301-309, 326-333

I went from near the blue line around the goal to the other side. It's a little hard to read the seating chart when it's spread out in pocket schedules so the sections might be off by one or two.

You can also check out the Frist Museum. It's just a few blocks from the arena.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:06 PM
lifei5good
Rookie User

Penalty box locations?

Coming in from out of town and hoping to sit against the ice next to the visitors penalty box--which section is it in?

lifei5good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifei5good View Post
Coming in from out of town and hoping to sit against the ice next to the visitors penalty box--which section is it in?
I believe it's Section 105 (AA)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 06:16 PM
lifei5good
Rookie User

Thank you!

lifei5good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Bongo

Former Thrasher fan in Atlanta. I'll be making 6 our 7 trips up this season and was wondering about a nice, inexpensive motel with walking distance or at least an inexpensive cab ride to the Bridge.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Former Thrasher fan in Atlanta. I'll be making 6 our 7 trips up this season and was wondering about a nice, inexpensive motel with walking distance or at least an inexpensive cab ride to the Bridge.
Define "inexpensive". Less than $100/night? In Nashville that might be a stretch. I did a quick online search of hotels near the arena for opening night (as a test night) and it was $144 to $300.

There are a lot of hotels around the Airport--particularly at I-40 and Donelson Pike or at Elm Hill Pike. Anything to the north side of the interstate will probably be fine. They'll be less expensive and will probably have shuttle service of some type. I have been in Hilton Inns and Suites which is at Elm Hill Pike and Royal Pkwy and it's quite nice. Full breakfast is nice...and tasty! Their concierge can find all sorts of ways to get you downtown if you don't want to drive. http://www.bing.com/travel/hotel/det...ORM=ATRHIP#top

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Bongo

Inexpensive as in cheap. No more than $69 a night.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Inexpensive as in cheap. No more than $69 a night.
Okay, here you go:

http://www.discountnashvillehotels.com/

Stay away from anything around Brick Church Pike and 37228--might be fine hotel but as a general rule you might be in a bad spot. Stay away from numbered streets with St. as opposed to Ave. for the same reason.

Alexis Inns, Amerisuites, Baymont, Clubhouse, Embassy Suites, La Quinta (basically anything in 37214) are all in the area off Donelson or Elm Hill Pike. They're convenient to I-40 and should be fine.

The ones on Music City Dr are out around the old Opryland theme park site. They're begging for people out there so you can probably get a nice place for a great price. (Except for Opryland Hotel--way out of the $70 price range--ha ha!)

My daughter stayed at Hotel Preston one time and was very complimentary. It's right off I-40 too.

I saw a couple of places that are actually downtown. You might be able to score a deal

Old
08-25-2011, 09:04 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
You can also park for games for FREE in the BEEP lot over by LP Field and walk over the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge (http://www.parkitdowntown.com/parkin...nt-parking/faq). I tend to do this for most games unless weather looks like an issue. Hey I figure it saves the price of a beer or two and gets in some exercise to boot!!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 10:23 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
How is the view from the all-inclusive zone (I believe sections 313-322)?

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Fabulous.

You're pretty much on the second level there--just a quirk of the design. I sit in 315 and it's great.

Old
08-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
All You Can Eat Zone is 313-322 and as Adz said is essentially on the club level of the arena and has a great view.

The All Inclusive Zone is below that on the lower level though...

There is a difference in terms of quality of food/beverage options and about $50/ticket...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
All You Can Eat Zone is 313-322 and as Adz said is essentially on the club level of the arena and has a great view.

The All Inclusive Zone is below that on the lower level though...

There is a difference in terms of quality of food/beverage options and about $50/ticket...
But they're both great for the view.

Upstairs, the food is hotdogs, pizza, sodas, popcorn etc. Downstairs is like a catered affair/suite food. The time I went there was roast pork, lots of desserts, a nice nacho table, and since it was lunch there were a lot of brunch foods--quiche, for example--plus wine and beer. It's really good and if you get a table it's a unique experience for watching the game. If you have to stand, don't know if that's worth the extra $$.

Old
09-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

CBJ fan here.

Hey all, considering coming down to see the Preds v. Jackets game on 11/19. We have a friend that works in the hotel industry, and he can get us a great deal on a hotel...............8 miles from the arena!

I will be driving us down in a Ford high-top conversion van. Where would be a good place for me to park near the arena? Obviously I can't use a parking garage, so it would need to be a surface lot. We would probably head down early to enjoy some of the great bars in the area before the game.

Going to see if the hotel has a shuttle to the arena, but I am not holding my breath on that. We have been down before, but that time we stayed in a hotel that was within easy walking distance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 05:23 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
CBJ fan here.

Hey all, considering coming down to see the Preds v. Jackets game on 11/19. We have a friend that works in the hotel industry, and he can get us a great deal on a hotel...............8 miles from the arena!

I will be driving us down in a Ford high-top conversion van. Where would be a good place for me to park near the arena? Obviously I can't use a parking garage, so it would need to be a surface lot. We would probably head down early to enjoy some of the great bars in the area before the game.

Going to see if the hotel has a shuttle to the arena, but I am not holding my breath on that. We have been down before, but that time we stayed in a hotel that was within easy walking distance.

There are some surface lots around the arena. Some within a quick walk if you're willing to pay for it. $10 will get you close. $15 will get you within rock throwing distance. Just look for the people in the funny orange vests waving you into the lots and take your pick.

If they're still doing it you can also park at LP Field (Titans stadium) and pay for a shuttle across the river, but I'm not sure how early they start that.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
CBJ fan here.

I've never actually navigated through downtown Nashville by myself while there (I've always had BFC999 in the car telling me where to go ), but we've always managed to find surface lots in the $10 range within two blocks.

(You'd be much closer than we normally are, too. The guy whose place we normally stay at lives between Columbia and Spring Hill. )

Wish I could go with, but my Nashville excursions are pretty much limited to New Year's for financial reasons.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
There are some surface lots around the arena. Some within a quick walk if you're willing to pay for it. $10 will get you close. $15 will get you within rock throwing distance. Just look for the people in the funny orange vests waving you into the lots and take your pick.

If they're still doing it you can also park at LP Field (Titans stadium) and pay for a shuttle across the river, but I'm not sure how early they start that.
Thanks.

My next question is at what time do they open the lots for "event" parking, or are they open all day?

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Thanks.

My next question is at what time do they open the lots for "event" parking, or are they open all day?

Old
09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Nitrous Mafia

dblpost

Old
09-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll