HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Talk LW Trade Options

Old
08-09-2011, 10:55 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Besides Ryan and Parise, we might as well just let Dubinsky take that spot. Clowe and Eriksson aren't a big enough upgrade on Dubinsky to make it worth our while.

If we're going to make a trade, we need to go balls to the wall and get a top 3, elite guy.
I would take Clowe over Dubinsky 10 times out of 10 and twice on Sundays. I wouldn't even second guess it.

Clowe takes everything Dubinsky does, and does it better (except maybe defensively).

Clowe is a better playmaker than Dubinsky is. Clowe is also a better net mouth presence than Dubinsky is.

The fact that you don't think Eriksson is that much of an upgrade over Dubinsky is laughable. Eriksson is not only a stud offensively but also has a good history with Richards. Eriksson is a sniper who is also an incredible playmaker who also really likes to do the dirty work.

It's not an option of Dubinsky vs. these players it's that we get these players to keep the packline together.

But in the same vein you are also overrating Dubinsky imo.

JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I'm happy with the set we have right now.

I'd give our crew a half season before making a forced trade; if you're going to invest in a really good RW it would take a significant chunk of our depth (And cap space) to get one.

So lets see how Wolski, Dubinsky, Fedotenko, Rupp fare for now.

Oh, and Slats as good as said that the team wasnt pursuing a high priced LW.
Thank you, sir.

For now, the team is fine as it is. I know everyone is excited about the team going into the season, but how about we see what Richards/Gaborik do together before we start giving up assets around the idea that they'll succeed? I'm sure they'll do fine, but you don't build around uncertainties. Hell, maybe Wolski could become that legitimate top-6 LW.

Frankly, I don't believe this team needs a top-line LW. Dubinsky is that player, IMO. No, he isn't Zach Parise or Loui Eriksson (I don't even know why the latter is being brought up), but he's a damn fine hockey player, and is the ideal linemate for the Richards/Gaborik duo. Wolski will slide in as the 2nd line LW with Callahan and Stepan/Anisimov.

SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Besides Ryan and Parise, we might as well just let Dubinsky take that spot. Clowe and Eriksson aren't a big enough upgrade on Dubinsky to make it worth our while.

If we're going to make a trade, we need to go balls to the wall and get a top 3, elite guy.
Eriksson is pretty ****** good. Very good two way game, all star, proven chemistry with Richards, good for ~30 goals/70+ points and on a very good contract.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I think the ideal fit for this team is Rick Nash. Although with Jeff Carter in the mix now, don't see them trading him. What would it take to get Nash?
id love Nash but Jackets keeps him

maybe a player like David Backes.. grit toughness and skill.. rangers blues connection hmm :

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:57 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
I think the ideal fit for this team is Rick Nash. Although with Jeff Carter in the mix now, don't see them trading him. What would it take to get Nash?
Really bro? Really?

Might as well ask WAS what they want for Ovechkin while we're at it.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Really bro? Really?

Might as well ask WAS what they want for Ovechkin while we're at it.
Comparing Nash to Ovechkin is laughable. Nash has only broke 70 pts once (79). Now he has never had a top flight center, but he is no Ovechkin.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:59 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
id love Nash but Jackets keeps him

maybe a player like David Backes.. grit toughness and skill.. rangers blues connection hmm :
What connection? If you're referring to John, he's essentially irrelevant. He's the president, not the GM.

Also, the Blues just signed Backes to a long-term extension, and he's pretty much set to be named captain of their team. They aren't trading him. He isn't even a LW.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:59 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Alright enough with this let's see how our team plays this year and we don't need to make a move crap.

The guy is asking for what are options out there.

This thread isn't about going out there right now and making a move because we all know Sather said he's not making a move. This thread is talking about what would be possible options.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Way too much. He's been the heart and soul of their franchise since the day he got there, and the Jackets finally think they got him a number 1 center in Carter.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:00 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Comparing Nash to Ovechkin is laughable. Nash has only broke 70 pts once (79). Now he has never had a top flight center, but he is no Ovechkin.
My point in comparison is not to the players skill level, it's that you are talking about asking teams for the face of their franchises.

Do you honestly see a situation where CBJ would deal Nash? Seriously?

It seems pretty apparent to me that they are going for it right now with their recent moves.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Alright enough with this let's see how our team plays this year and we don't need to make a move crap.

This thread isn't about going out there right now and making a move because we all know Sather said he's not making a move. This thread is talking about what would be possible options.
Thank you.

I'm asking for options, I'm not saying any of this is gonna happen. But come trade deadline, who knows what will happen, no one said we should make these trades right now. Enough of the "we are good, let's see what happens". I'm just asking for options/opinions on who is out there.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

David Backes I could get sticky with. Perfect fit for this system. 31 and 31 last year, big, gritty, and everything you want out of a player. Torts would LOVE him. I'd kill for Backes. He's American too we all know how much the Rangers love the Americans

Old
08-09-2011, 11:04 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Thank you.

I'm asking for options, I'm not saying any of this is gonna happen. But come trade deadline, who knows what will happen, no one said we should make these trades right now. Enough of the "we are good, let's see what happens". I'm just asking for options/opinions on who is out there.
It's been discussed ad nauseum, though.

Booth, Sharp, Clowe are all common names that pop up.

We can cross off Sharp. I'd also consider Clowe a 'don't even bother'.

Realistic options would be Brad Boyes, David Booth, and maybe Ales Hemsky.

Personally, I'd just wait until the offseason, offer Hemsky a 3-4 year deal, and play him with Anisimov/Stepan and Callahan - that is if Wolski doesn't get back to 50 point form, and I do believe that he can do that.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:08 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I may be in the minority here but I don't want Dubinsky on the top line.

Dubinsky to me is a great second line player who could produce 60-65 points and I'd prefer to keep him on the 2nd line with the other pack members.

To me we need another 70 point player to be a contender. We need another gamebreaker and I don't view Dubinsky as that gamebreaker.

I don't want Hemsky either.

This is all my opinion though.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:16 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
I may be in the minority here but I don't want Dubinsky on the top line.

Dubinsky to me is a great second line player who could produce 60-65 points and I'd prefer to keep him on the 2nd line with the other pack members.
The game isn't all about points - Dubinsky will affect that line in many more ways. As I've said numerous times, Dubinsky fits in well with that line because he's a dominant board player, and Richards bases his game around the cycle. There really isn't a better option to put on that line than Dubinsky. Trading a ridiculous amount of assets for a similar, yet slightly better player makes 0 sense.

Quote:
To me we need another 70 point player to be a contender. We need another gamebreaker and I don't view Dubinsky as that gamebreaker.
The game breakers are Henrik Lundqvist, Marian Gaborik, and Brad Richards. That's plenty. The depth is there, the two-way skill is there, and the defensive core is there. You don't need a ridiculously stacked first line to win the cup. Depth wins games in the playoffs - two-way play wins game in the playoffs. This team is strong in both of those areas.

Was Dustin Byfuglien a 'gamebreaker'? Not really, but Chicago won the cup playing him with their stars. Was Milan Lucic a 'gamebreaker'? Hell, were any of the Bruins' forwards 'gamebreakers'?

The only thing this team needs in a proven squad - the talent is there, the core is there. It's just a matter of patience at this juncture.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:18 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
The game isn't all about points - Dubinsky will affect that line in many more ways. As I've said numerous times, Dubinsky fits in well with that line because he's a dominant board player, and Richards bases his game around the cycle. There really isn't a better option to put on that line than Dubinsky. Trading a ridiculous amount of assets for a similar, yet slightly better player makes 0 sense.

The game breakers are Henrik Lundqvist, Marian Gaborik, and Brad Richards. That's plenty. The depth is there, the two-way skill is there, and the defensive core is there. You don't need a ridiculously stacked first line to win the cup. Depth wins games in the playoffs - two-way play wins game in the playoffs. This team is strong in both of those areas.

Was Dustin Byfuglien a 'gamebreaker'? Not really, but Chicago won the cup playing him with their stars. Was Milan Lucic a 'gamebreaker'? Hell, were any of the Bruins' forwards 'gamebreakers'?

The only thing this team needs in a proven squad - the talent is there, the core is there. It's just a matter of patience at this juncture.
You always have to try to make everyone believe what you do?

Like I said I HAVE MY OPINIONS, you don't necessarily have to agree with them but that's how I feel. I know you feel differently, which is fine. No need to try to force your opinion down my throat.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:22 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
You always have to try to make everyone believe what you do?

Like I said I HAVE MY OPINIONS, you don't necessarily have to agree with them but that's how I feel. I know you feel differently, which is fine. No need to try to force your opinion down my throat.
Not really, I was just explaining why I have my opinions.

It's better than people who just say one sentence and don't explain anything. (Not saying you do that, just in general)

Old
08-09-2011, 11:40 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

Well he certainly didn't get the thread off to a great start with the ridiculous suggestion that we trade for Heatley. lol

As for the issue of a top line LW...yes, we may very well need one. But we'll start off with what we have and hope that a Wolski or a Zucc can fill it. If not, perhaps a deal is made. BUT, we do have Kreider around the corner...and then there's always that Parise guy to go after next summer. So there's a lot of options. Patience is a virtue.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:41 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Well he certainly didn't get the thread off to a great start with the ridiculous suggestion that we trade for Heatley. lol
HAHAHA definitely agreed on that front.

But he also didn't help his cause when he asked about Rick Nash

Old
08-09-2011, 11:42 PM
MSG the place to be*

Is it even possible to add a 7.5M dollar forward while we still have Drury's buyout hit?

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:42 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Is it even possible to add a 7.5M dollar forward while we still have Drury's buyout hit?
Not right now. But in the offseason, yes.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:45 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Not right now. But in the offseason, yes.
I think we could also pull it off at the trade deadline. The cap hit on a 7.5M salary would be less then 2M with only 20 or so games to go. It appears that we have about 2.5M in space at the moment.

Old
08-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

eh....how about this idea....

trade Girardi, MDZ, Thomas and a First for Weber

Sign Zach Parise next offseason.

somehow magically make it all work under the cap.

Hello stanley cup.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

Hello stanley cup.
Sadly this would never work

Swept In Seven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 12:11 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

Hello stanley cup.
If you could guarantee that we sign Parise next summer I would be ok with that deal for Weber. lol