HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Talk LW Trade Options

Old
08-09-2011, 11:13 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
eh....how about this idea....

trade Girardi, MDZ, Thomas and a First for Weber

Sign Zach Parise next offseason.

somehow magically make it all work under the cap.

Hello stanley cup.
Like I said before, then we can go get Ovechkin, Crosby, maybe even Stamkos while we're at it.

As much as it pains me to admit it, Parise isn't going anywhere.

08-09-2011, 11:17 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Like I said before, then we can go get Ovechkin, Crosby, maybe even Stamkos while we're at it.

And that is a statement that you can't possibly know is a certainty. I'm not saying he definitely is...but there's no way to know he isn't.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:25 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
And that is a statement that you can't possibly know is a certainty. I'm not saying he definitely is...but there's no way to know he isn't.
Put it this way: I am as certain of that statement as many of you knew how certain I was Brad Richards would be a Ranger for the longest time.

I don't see any situation where Parise is not a Devil in the near future.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Put it this way: I am as certain of that statement as many of you knew how certain I was Brad Richards would be a Ranger for the longest time.

agree to disagree. The Devils are now a budget team.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:33 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
agree to disagree. The Devils are now a budget team.
Ok, when I will be right 2 for 2 you will all know about it again

Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I think we should trade for Wojtek Wolski or Brandon Dubinsky

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 855
Quote:

I completely agree with RKY, don't expect to get player like Parise, Backes, Clowe ETC there just to valuable to there respective teams, it would be like the Rangers trading Callahan or Dubinsky, and as we all know that's really not a smart thing to do.

If I were the Rangers I'd like to see how Wolski performs before making a trade for a upgrade, if Wolski finds his game he's a 55 point player IMO. Sorry for "intruding"

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:35 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
I completely agree with RKY, don't expect to get player like Parise, Backes, Clowe ETC there just to valuable to there respective teams, it would be like the Rangers trading Callahan or Dubinsky, and as we all know that's really not a smart thing to do.

If I were the Rangers I'd like to see how Wolski performs before making a trade for a upgrade, if Wolski finds his game he's a 55 point player IMO. Sorry for "intruding"
I thought you were lost there bud

But I agree, I don't think the Rangers need to, nor expect them to, make a trade anytime soon.

Trade deadline they may take a flyer on someone like Shane Doan but otherwise I don't expect anything big.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:38 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

What are you basing that on? Does he have a wife and kids living in NJ? Does he even own a home in NJ? Does he like that the ownership situation in NJ is uncertain? Does he like that there's no consistency in the head coach? Does he like that the team plays a defensive style game that leaves little room for offensive creativity? Will the Devils pay him close to market value? Does he want to take a home team discount?

Seems to me that if you think about these questions you would be of the opinion the odds are at least decent he ends up somewhere other than NJ come next summer. I'm not saying definitely, or even likely...but I don't see how anyone can argue that they aren't possible or better.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:40 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
What are you basing that on? Does he have a wife and kids living in NJ? Does he even own a home in NJ? Does he like that the ownership situation in NJ? Does he like that there's no consistency in the head coach? Does he like that the team plays a defensive style game that leaves little room for offensive creativity? Will the Devils pay him close to market value? Does he want to take a home team discount?

Seems to me that if you think about these questions you would be thinking the odds are at least decent he ends up somewhere other than NJ come next summer. I'm not saying definitely, or even likely...but I don't see how anyone can argue that they aren't possible or better.
I am basing it off the same thing I based the Richards situation on.

Most of it was gut feeling coupled with logically thinking in my head about him possibly seeing him leaving and I just couldn't see it.

Do I have any inside information, no not really. But I do have that same really confident feeling I had with Richards when a lot of people where convinced Brad would probably go somewhere else.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I thought you were lost there bud

But I agree, I don't think the Rangers need to, nor expect them to, make a trade anytime soon.

Trade deadline they may take a flyer on someone like Shane Doan but otherwise I don't expect anything big.
The Rangers are slowly becoming one of my favorite teams you guys got some really solid kids on your team, and it's also hard to hate a team with Callahan on it.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:43 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
The Rangers are slowly becoming one of my favorite teams you guys got some really solid kids on your team, and it's also hard to hate a team with Callahan on it.
Yeah, they have come a long way.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Thanks man they have been drafting well lately

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:44 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
I've always said that the Vancouver Canucks were one of my favorite teams.

But when I went over to the main boards and saw how the Canucks fans felt entitled to the Stanley Cup, and how many felt that it was a conspiracy against them it really turned me off towards the fans.

Kesler, Raymond, Bieksa are some of my favorite non-Rangers though.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:46 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I am basing it off the same thing I based the Richards situation on.

Most of it was gut feeling coupled with logically thinking in my head about him possibly seeing him leaving and I just couldn't see it.

Do I have any inside information, no not really. But I do have that same really confident feeling I had with Richards when a lot of people where convinced Brad would probably go somewhere else.
Of course the odds are that he stays. That's generally how it works. But the reality is there are a lot of questions and no guarantees. It's far from a certainty that he's re-signing in NJ.

And with the Richards signing many of us had him penciled into our lineup for a very long time before it happened. So for us it was hardly a surprise when he made the announcement.

Old
08-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I've always said that the Vancouver Canucks were one of my favorite teams.

But when I went over to the main boards and saw how the Canucks fans felt entitled to the Stanley Cup, and how many felt that it was a conspiracy against them it really turned me off towards the fans.

Kesler, Raymond, Bieksa are some of my favorite non-Rangers though.
Don't let some idiots base the Canucks fan base, every team has them lol, most Canucks fans aren't to bad, much better than Leafs fans

Old
08-09-2011, 11:51 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Of course the odds are that he stays. That's generally how it works. But the reality is there are a lot of questions and no guarantees. It's far from a certainty that he's re-signing in NJ.

And with the Richards signing many of us had him penciled into our lineup for a very long time before it happened. So for us it was hardly a surprise when he made the announcement.
That's all correct and very true I'm not arguing with you about it. I'm just saying from a personal standpoint as much as I want Parise to be a Ranger I just feel like he will stay in NJ. I know it's far from a certainty but I'm just saying how I'm feeling about the whole matter.

Quote:
Don't let some idiots base the Canucks fan base, every team has them lol, most Canucks fans aren't to bad, much better than Leafs fans
Yea that's why I can't stand the main boards some times. That's the spot usually where the posters that are the idiots go to hang out. So trying to have a rational and intelligent debate with our teams' fanbases is damn near impossible.

Everyone is better than Leafs fans too

Old
08-10-2011, 12:07 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I doubt Heater is the answer at this point. He sucked in the playoffs.....again.

We need someone who really has the drive to win AND the skills to score goals.

Don't care if it's a pure LW or not. Gabby can adapt or have the 2nd line reek havoc when their checking line rests.

I know it's a long shot but we simply must be in on Parise unless his agent says he simply won't play for NY

I like Semin too.... He's streaky but man he always looks hungry to be a game changer vs us in the playoffs.... And he scores big goals

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 12:17 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:

Really? I think the loyalty Kool aid has run low NJ.

Devils don't seriously rebound and go convincingly deep I think Parise will follow through to July 1st and listen.....

His agent, the nhlpa have to be whispering in is ear. It's good for all the players. Doesn't hurt to listen, he can listen to Lou as well but I'm sticking with the obvious...

NJD gave Kovy Parises money.

Have njd named a new captain yet?

08-10-2011, 12:19 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
I like Semin too.... He's streaky but man he always looks hungry to be a game changer vs us in the playoffs.... And he scores big goals
I don't think that Semin would be a good fit on this team.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a world class talent. A gamebreaker as I alluded to earlier--while at the same time can hold his own defensively.

With that said he also can disappear for games on end, and sometimes shows like his mind is elsewhere--and that's where I think that Torts would get on his case.

Torts would love him 85% of the time when Semin is motivated, but I don't think Semin's game would mesh well with Richards and Gaborik.

I think it's been told somewhere that Richards excels best with gritty players that like to skate in a straight line--a la a Eriksson, Neal, Morrow, Callahan, Dubinsky, etc.

Semin is more of the one man dangle show.

Old
08-10-2011, 12:20 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Really? I think the loyalty Kool aid has run low NJ.

Devils don't seriously rebound and go convincingly deep I think Parise will follow through to July 1st and listen.....

His agent, the nhlpa have to be whispering in is ear. It's good for all the players. Doesn't hurt to listen, he can listen to Lou as well but I'm sticking with the obvious...

NJD gave Kovy Parises money.

Have njd named a new captain yet?
Like I mentioned a couple of posts ago: Do I have the facts/inside knowledge to say for certain? No not really.

But I am basing it off a strong gut feeling. Trust me I'm hoping I'm wrong because I want nothing more than Parise to be a Ranger. He would be the perfect compliment on that top line.

Old
08-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Hemskys a player I'd inquire about at the deadline. Edmonton will likely be out of the playoff picture by then. Depending on the market, and the season he has, he could be had for a 2nd rnd pick and a mediocre prospect. If have a feeling were going to fill that need from within this year anyway. Whether it's Dubi, Wolski, Zuccarello, Feds, or someone else. I think we've got a great season ahead of us.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 12:41 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Doubt he'll be a Ranger. Doubt he'll be a Devil after this season as well. That's the logic I see unfolding. Said so the day they gave Kovalchuk the 100 million dollar contract. People think this is play money....fantasy.

They can't come close to giving Zach the same money. They already got caught cheating when they signed Kovy. They can't cheat again. They blew it.

Add that to the exodus of core players and I see no reason Parise doesn't follow suit. It certainly wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Quote:
Like I mentioned a couple of posts ago: Do I have the facts/inside knowledge to say for certain? No not really.

But I am basing it off a strong gut feeling. Trust me I'm hoping I'm wrong because I want nothing more than Parise to be a Ranger. He would be the perfect compliment on that top line.

Old
08-10-2011, 12:43 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Doubt he'll be a Ranger. Doubt he'll be a Devil after this season as well. That's the logic I see unfolding. Said so the day they gave Kovalchuk the 100 million dollar contract. People think this is play money....fantasy.

They can't come close to giving Zach the same money. They already got caught cheating when they signed Kovy. They can't cheat again. They blew it.

Add that to the exodus of core players and I see no reason Parise doesn't follow suit. It certainly wouldn't surprise me at this point.
Hey if I'm wrong then it's not like I'm going to cry. That simply means our competitors get weaker.

As long as he goes out West then I'll be happy.

Old
08-10-2011, 12:44 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Even if NJD somehow manage to give Parise a similar 15 year deal..... Why would he sign that? Brodeur isn't playing but a few more years....Elias.....? Lou Lams? Those guys are at the end of their run....

He's signing to play with Kovalcuk for life?

I don't buy it.