HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Talk LW Trade Options

Old
08-10-2011, 12:55 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Even if NJD somehow manage to give Parise a similar 15 year deal..... Why would he sign that? Brodeur isn't playing but a few more years....Elias.....? Lou Lams? Those guys are at the end of their run....

He's signing to play with Kovalcuk for life?

I don't buy it.
I agree that New Jersey is really on the back 9.

They have a lot of aging pieces and while they have some good young players I don't know if it's enough to make a difference in the future.

I think that Parise likes NJ however. To what extent I don't know--and I don't even know if it's enough to stay there but hopefully it should be an interesting offseason.

I'm just ready for hockey.

08-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I hope if parise doesn't sign with ny he signs with the pens and they have to move Jordan staal to stay under the cap: Anisimov, 2nd for j staal.

Kreider Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Staal Callahan
Miller Stepan Zuccarello
Boyle Rupp Prust

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I hope if parise doesn't sign with ny he signs with the pens and they have to move Jordan staal to stay under the cap: Anisimov, 2nd for j staal.

Kreider Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Staal Callahan
Miller Stepan Zuccarello
Boyle Rupp Prust
Few things.

1) Why? Anisimov for Staal is somewhat of a lateral move - they play a similar role. Seems like making a move just for the sake of doing so.

2) Pens wouldn't move Staal for a downgrade and a pick. Shero has said he has a 3 year plan, and Staal is part of that 3 year plan. Unless they get a top-flight winger, he isn't going to budge - Anisimov isn't a top-flight winger.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 01:29 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Few things.

1) Why? Anisimov for Staal is somewhat of a lateral move - they play a similar role. Seems like making a move just for the sake of doing so.
I was going to post this exact same thing. I really don't see much of a difference talent/potential-wise with Anisimov over Staal. If anything I think it would be a downgrade because I like Arties offensive upside more than Staal's in terms of his playmaking abilities.

I also don't see any circumstance where PIT would deal Staal to a division rival, it's not logistically smart on their part.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 01:37 AM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post

Kreider Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Staal Callahan
Miller Stepan Zuccarello
Boyle Rupp Prust
I really don't see why the Pens would do that. Staal at this point is the better of the two players, and for a team like Pittsburgh who's in a win now mode, making a lateral movement trade isn't a very wise option.

Like I said in my previous post give Wolski a shoot, if it doesn't work out here's a trade that may solve the problem.

To

Dylan McIlrath
NYR 1 st round pick

To

Brendan Morrow

I think this trade would benefit both teams seeing as Dallas is lacking depth on D in terms of prospect, and as we all know the Rangers are stacked at that position, the Stars also get a first round pick in a deep draft. While the Rangers get the ideal Left Winger they need.

forward core

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Morrow-Anisimov-Callahan
Boyle-Stephan-Zuccarello
Avery-Rupp-Prust

Oh yeah trade Wolski to Vancouver for a pick

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

We should wait to see if Parise is available and if not how Kreider will perform in the 2012 preseason. If neither works out, then we should go hard to acquire a left wing.

The exception would be if Sather can acquire a good left wing on the cheap in the meanwhile.

There is no reason to push things now and overpay when the team is clearly not ready to compete.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Kershaw

Dallas gets butt ***** on that deal. Why would Dallas want to move their captain? Unless they go in full rebuild mode, they can get a lot more than that for Morrow. They also just drafted Oleksiak for playing that role of mean shutdow defender, they likely have no use for him. Unless Dallas's scouting wanted to pick up McIliriath and settled for Campbell, they probably aren't interested in him. Of course the Rangers make that trade, Morrow would be the captain and pretty much settles us in as cup contenders.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

We need to stop trying to trade right-side defensemen. We are short of them as it is.

An overload of LDs does not mean we should trade RDs. Girardi, Sauer, Kundratek and McIlrath should all stay.

If we trade someone, it will be McDonagh, but only if either MDZ or Erixon becomes a very good top-4 blueliner.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 01:53 AM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Dallas gets butt ***** on that deal. Why would Dallas want to move their captain? Unless they go in full rebuild mode, they can get a lot more than that for Morrow. They also just drafted Oleksiak for playing that role of mean shutdow defender, they likely have no use for him. Unless Dallas's scouting wanted to pick up McIliriath and settled for Campbell, they probably aren't interested in him. Of course the Rangers make that trade, Morrow would be the captain and pretty much settles us in as cup contenders.
I think your overrating Morrow here, many Dallas fans in a Canucks-Stars fans were willing to trade Morrow for Hodgson/Schroeder and a first round pick, obviously at the end of the day GMJN has the final say, but value wise it really isn't that bad IMO.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 02:45 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Minnesota has said how Heatley is their super star to help get that franchise moving in the right direction. They are NOT trading him. Sure Girardi could help replace Burns for them but I don't think Torts would want to go into the season with 1 experienced d-man in the lineup, 2 sophomores, 2-3 rookies, and one vet pine rider.

I'm fine with waiting on Parise and Kreider. Pass on Morrow. Jordan Staal would be nice but he's not a LW. (kinda OT?)

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 03:13 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Seems to me that the Rangers are the only team that has two left wings who've scored Stanley Cup winning goals.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post

To

Dylan McIlrath
NYR 1 st round pick

To

Brendan Morrow

I think this trade would benefit both teams seeing as Dallas is lacking depth on D in terms of prospect, and as we all know the Rangers are stacked at that position, the Stars also get a first round pick in a deep draft. While the Rangers get the ideal Left Winger they need.

forward core

Morrow-Anisimov-Callahan
Boyle-Stephan-Zuccarello
Avery-Rupp-Prust

This sounds a lot like the AWFUL Norstrom for Kurri trade back in the dark days of the 90s.

We don't need to start trading away potential pieces of the future trying to put together an ideal roster. We tried that for 60+ years and got all of one Cup out of it. And it won't work under the cap anyway.

We've got two guys under contract in Dubinsky and Wolski who can try the spot.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 06:35 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

A couple of things:

1) Whenever and whoever we get to shore up the top 6 LW responsibilities with Dubinsky, it isn't likely to be some megastar (unless we manage to sign Parise, which is highly unlikely). It's going to be an older, solid and effective, above-average player with a physical element to his game.

2) It's probably going to be someone who is meant to remain with the team for 2-3 years because the Rangers are banking on Kreider being at least a second ine winger who can score 55 points while providing a lot of physical prowess.

The guy that seems to make the most sense, and who is likely to be available by the deadline, is Shane Doan. He plays both wings, he's physical, he can shoot the puck, he's not much of an ego, he's an impending UFA, he's probably not going to stay with a team that is, let's face it, going to move eventually (to where, he probably doesn't know yet), and the Rangers and Phoenix have a well-documented relationship. The cost for him isn't likely to be massive. He's not a big enough name to warrant that, although I imagine a lot of teams will have interest.

Doan-Anisimov/Stepan-Callahan

That is a very nice top six. You re-sign Doan to a reasonable 2-3 year deal (let's say, 3-4 million a year) and get rid of Wolski. That allows Kreider to come up and step into a third line role, which would be great for him as he gets acclimated to NHL hockey.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 06:49 AM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
If we trade someone, it will be McDonagh, but only if either MDZ or Erixon becomes a very good top-4 blueliner.
This doesn't make sense to me. McD has the highest upside of any of our D. He isn't going anywhere unless we are getting an uber elite player.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
A couple of things:

1) Whenever and whoever we get to shore up the top 6 LW responsibilities with Dubinsky, it isn't likely to be some megastar (unless we manage to sign Parise, which is highly unlikely). It's going to be an older, solid and effective, above-average player with a physical element to his game.

2) It's probably going to be someone who is meant to remain with the team for 2-3 years because the Rangers are banking on Kreider being at least a second ine winger who can score 55 points while providing a lot of physical prowess.

The guy that seems to make the most sense, and who is likely to be available by the deadline, is Shane Doan. He plays both wings, he's physical, he can shoot the puck, he's not much of an ego, he's an impending UFA, he's probably not going to stay with a team that is, let's face it, going to move eventually (to where, he probably doesn't know yet), and the Rangers and Phoenix have a well-documented relationship. The cost for him isn't likely to be massive. He's not a big enough name to warrant that, although I imagine a lot of teams will have interest.

Doan-Anisimov/Stepan-Callahan

That is a very nice top six. You re-sign Doan to a reasonable 2-3 year deal (let's say, 3-4 million a year) and get rid of Wolski. That allows Kreider to come up and step into a third line role, which would be great for him as he gets acclimated to NHL hockey.
I've wanted Doan here in NY for more than a decade. He's a realistic target now though, opposed to the past. He'll fit Torts's scheme perfectly.

This wouldn't be our typical, trade for a veteran type move either. We could use his leadership, especially with Prospal no longer here.

2 year deal would be perfect. Have his contract expire when Cally's contract needs re-upping. He's not going to stay in PHX. If one of our young guys forces themselves in our top-6 (Kreider? Thomas?) he'll still have trade-value.

I wonder what PHX would want.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:04 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

If I posted my real opinion about Heatley I would probably get an infraction.

NO to Heatley.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:06 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Why don't we give Selanne an offer?

Worst that could happen is he rejects it.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
I really don't see why the Pens would do that. Staal at this point is the better of the two players, and for a team like Pittsburgh who's in a win now mode, making a lateral movement trade isn't a very wise option.

Like I said in my previous post give Wolski a shoot, if it doesn't work out here's a trade that may solve the problem.

To

Dylan McIlrath
NYR 1 st round pick

To

Brendan Morrow

forward core

Morrow-Anisimov-Callahan
Boyle-Stephan-Zuccarello
Avery-Rupp-Prust

Im definately a fan of Brendan Morrow. Plays a hard nosed game, he's strong as an ox and really good down low and along the wall. But at 33 years old, he's not worth 2first rounders. A deal for Morrow should start with maybe Wolski for the salary dump, and then a 1st to go with it. No need to send a former 1st rounder along in the deal, especially when that former 1st rounder was selected to fill a void. A void the team still has to this day.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:40 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I think you wait until the deadline and assess where you are as a team. If you think you can make a good run in the playoffs you make the move for a LWer. Otherwise, you ride it out with what you've got and wait to see if Parise hits the market, and/or see how Kreider looked in camp.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:40 AM
RangerFan10

IMO i love Morrow too but the shelf life on how long his career is bound to last with how he plays the game tells me it's not worth 2 first round picks, even if McIlrath has been playing like crap in juniors

Old
08-10-2011, 07:42 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Why don't we give Selanne an offer?

Worst that could happen is he rejects it.
I'm pretty sure Selanne is a right wing, or at least prefers the right wing, and I'm also 99.9% sure that no matter what money any team threw at him, it's probably Anaheim or bust. I could MAYBE see him returning to Winnipeg to round out his career.

Old
08-10-2011, 07:44 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I would take Clowe over Dubinsky 10 times out of 10 and twice on Sundays. I wouldn't even second guess it.

Clowe takes everything Dubinsky does, and does it better (except maybe defensively).

Clowe is a better playmaker than Dubinsky is. Clowe is also a better net mouth presence than Dubinsky is.

The fact that you don't think Eriksson is that much of an upgrade over Dubinsky is laughable. Eriksson is not only a stud offensively but also has a good history with Richards. Eriksson is a sniper who is also an incredible playmaker who also really likes to do the dirty work.

It's not an option of Dubinsky vs. these players it's that we get these players to keep the packline together.

But in the same vein you are also overrating Dubinsky imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I may be in the minority here but I don't want Dubinsky on the top line.

Dubinsky to me is a great second line player who could produce 60-65 points and I'd prefer to keep him on the 2nd line with the other pack members.

To me we need another 70 point player to be a contender. We need another gamebreaker and I don't view Dubinsky as that gamebreaker.

I don't want Hemsky either.

This is all my opinion though.
We must have very different views of what a gamebreaker is then because I don't consider Clowe or Eriksson gamebreakers.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 08:03 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

I think it's safe to say that we are going into camp as is right now - and I'm all for that.
Looking ahead to the deadline though (if rangers are in the 4-5-6 range), these are moves I could see Slats making:
1)Shane Doan
2)Ales Hemsky

Both will be FAs at the end of this season, both provide an upgrade. Myself, I'd prefer Doan. Natural leader who no doubt hungers for a championship. Would probably cost less than hemsky and we have a good trade relationship with Phoenix.

My two pipe dream wishes though are:
1)Ericsson
2)Weiss

If Dallas still can't get their **** together money wise he could be available. Would cost a lot bit worth it. Richards old linemate and Henrik's friend.
Weiss if the Panther's Frankenstein monster team doesn't work out for the better and they still find themselves at the bottom of the conference.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 08:13 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I think you wait until the deadline and assess where you are as a team. If you think you can make a good run in the playoffs you make the move for a LWer. Otherwise, you ride it out with what you've got and wait to see if Parise hits the market, and/or see how Kreider looked in camp.
This. Exactly this.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote