HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Prospect Is Most Likely To Surprise And Make The Team?

View Poll Results: Who Has The Best Shot At Making The Team?
Mike Zibanejad 33 44.00%
Jakob Silfverberg 5 6.67%
Jim O'Brien 10 13.33%
Mark Stone 2 2.67%
Mark Borowiecki 8 10.67%
Stefan Da Costa 13 17.33%
Matt Puempel 1 1.33%
Stefan Noesen 1 1.33%
Eric Gryba 0 0%
Patrick Wiercioch 2 2.67%
Shane Prince 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

vCash: 500
Jimmy OB.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Robin Lehner*

y there no trade spezza option?

Robin Lehner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:16 PM
GoSensGo765
BELIEVE!

Ah my bad guys, completely forgot about Petersson. Not sure how but could have something to do with putting up the thread at 3 am. He would definitely be a surprise to make the team. In fact due to his status in Sweden, along with Silfverberg they are the two biggest wild cards on the team. Both should be almost locks to crack the team for the 12-13 season.

While I voted Zibanejad, I think O'Brien has a great shot at making the team. He's come a long way and make a lot of strides and if he has a good camp will get his shot.

Da Costa would make sense too based on the somewhat higher profile signing last season and how he got good reviews from the organization in the few games he played. There is probably the most uncertainty around him though, not really sure what to expect out of him. If he earns a shot in the bottom 6 than great, but he may need more seasoning in the AHL to get used to the North American game.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:17 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Voted Da Costa, because center is weak, and nobody would be surprised if Zibby made the team, but Da Costa would be a bit of a surprise if he started the season as our #2 C.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 05:30 PM
GoSensGo765
BELIEVE!

I thought the consensus was Zibby was going to need more time in Sweden and than possibly the AHL before cracking the team full time? Now everyone seems to think it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he makes the team?

I'd put his chances at 60/40 right now.....

Old
08-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
This list looks kinda "odd".

Petersson should be there. Silfverberg shouldn't as we know he is playing in Sweden this season. And would Z-Bad be a surprise?

Voted Mark Stone. The guy is following a "Karlsson-like" development curve. He will be a NHLer a lot faster than people think.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 01:11 AM
GoSensGo765
BELIEVE!

Yeah I kind of messed up this poll but you get the idea and can still have fun with it. Peterssen should be there instead of Silfverberg but it's not like it would make much of a difference since BOTH will be back in Sweden this year.

Zibby would be a surprise in my opinion. I've got way too excited about a big prospect making the team before out of his first camp, mostly back with Spezza (twice) that I know not to get my hopes up. I've heard he's been training his butt off back home and has put on some muscle. That is great but I still think he needs one more year in Sweden and that would allow him to bypass the AHL. IF he has a strong camp and impresses....he could make the team....which indirectly was the question of the poll.

Old
08-10-2011, 03:01 AM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
Yeah I kind of messed up this poll but you get the idea and can still have fun with it. Peterssen should be there instead of Silfverberg but it's not like it would make much of a difference since BOTH will be back in Sweden this year.

Zibby would be a surprise in my opinion. I've got way too excited about a big prospect making the team before out of his first camp, mostly back with Spezza (twice) that I know not to get my hopes up. I've heard he's been training his butt off back home and has put on some muscle. That is great but I still think he needs one more year in Sweden and that would allow him to bypass the AHL. IF he has a strong camp and impresses....he could make the team....which indirectly was the question of the poll.
Petersson is going to be in NA this year. With how badly his Swedish team screwed up his back situation, and how the Senators were able to give him treatment, he's staying here.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote