HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Money report

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 07:17 PM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Money report

This is the money report from Hockeytraderumors.com copied out of The Hockey News "Buck$ and Pucks its pretty interesting http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article3720.html apparently our opening night roster was only $100,000 cheaper than last year.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:23 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
This is the money report from Hockeytraderumors.com copied out of The Hockey News "Buck$ and Pucks its pretty interesting http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article3720.html apparently our opening night roster was only $100,000 cheaper than last year.
I buy that but there is one misleading part to the comparison.

On opening night the Oilers had a 23 man roster rather than the 21 that they carried last year.

Since then Luoma and Sarno are both being paid at an AHL level rather than an NHL level. My guess is that that would drop payroll by about a million or so compared to last year.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:25 PM
FacelessButcher

apparently only Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Minnesota, and Florida have smaller roster budgets than us I think Minnesota might be higher after signing Gaborik and Dupuis

Old
10-22-2003, 07:27 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
I buy that but there is one misleading part to the comparison.

On opening night the Oilers had a 23 man roster rather than the 21 that they carried last year.

Since then Luoma and Sarno are both being paid at an AHL level rather than an NHL level. My guess is that that would drop payroll by about a million or so compared to last year.
cool, I think Sarno and Luomo our probably worth less than 1million combined probably about $700,000-$800,000

Closed Thread