HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

40 Minutes of Pavel Bure

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2011, 12:56 PM
  #76
the beat
cursum perficio
 
the beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: canmore/sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thammias View Post
Lame. Not that I agree totally with the guy but calling him out for grammar and punctuation, is the typical I want to make you look bad but I have no relevant argument about the topic at hand to back me up approach. It leads the discussion nowhere.
It wasn't about what he wrote, it was about him writing it like a twelve year old. I take the time to write properly on here for the sake of other readers. I have the right to ask him to do the same. I don't wanna have to read that childish ****.

the beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 05:34 PM
  #77
Slot 3
exitus acta probat
 
Slot 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 500
Re: KULEMINakajesus' third picture,

I thought that sticker by Brodeur's left toe was the puck.

Slot 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 05:46 PM
  #78
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KULEMINakajesus View Post


Dominik Hasek 1992



Patrick Roy 1992



Goalies are a lot biger, faster, and more athletic now if you ask me.
Marty Brodeur wears small pads. Everybody knows that. Look at anybody elses pads and you'll see the real change.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:34 PM
  #79
M A K A V E L I*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: van Coevorden
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,518
vCash: 500
What's with the '92 goalie pictures? He did score 58 and 59 goals with the Panthers, so it's not like he needed a high scoring era and stick figures in the net to score goals.

M A K A V E L I* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:42 PM
  #80
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
What's with the '92 goalie pictures? He did score 58 and 59 goals with the Panthers, so it's not like he needed a high scoring era and stick figures in the net to score goals.
Thing is the entire gameplan of those teams was basically "get the puck to Bure". The guy played no defense whatsoever in Florida because there was no team goal only "get Bure to 60". I mean it's not a coincidence his goal totals barely changed from playing in Vancouver on a much better team. That's not even mentioning the fact that he played as much as guys like Bourque Lidstrom Leetch Zubov Chelios etc.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:22 PM
  #81
HockeyGuy1975
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
Thing is the entire gameplan of those teams was basically "get the puck to Bure". The guy played no defense whatsoever in Florida because there was no team goal only "get Bure to 60". I mean it's not a coincidence his goal totals barely changed from playing in Vancouver on a much better team. That's not even mentioning the fact that he played as much as guys like Bourque Lidstrom Leetch Zubov Chelios etc.
Your posts scream: "I've never saw Bure play."

HockeyGuy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:23 PM
  #82
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1975 View Post
Your posts scream: "I've never saw Bure play."
Great talent but he would not have scored 80 goals in todays nhl.

And I have for the record but feel free to go on overrating him.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:26 PM
  #83
HockeyGuy1975
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
Great talent but he would not have scored 80 goals in todays nhl.

And I have for the record but feel free to go on overrating him.
Youtube doesn't count my friend. And your 80 goals strawman does nothing in response to my comment about your posts screaming.

HockeyGuy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:38 PM
  #84
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1975 View Post
Youtube doesn't count my friend. And your 80 goals strawman does nothing in response to my comment about your posts screaming.
Ok what part?

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 12:31 AM
  #85
M A K A V E L I*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: van Coevorden
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
Thing is the entire gameplan of those teams was basically "get the puck to Bure". The guy played no defense whatsoever in Florida because there was no team goal only "get Bure to 60". I mean it's not a coincidence his goal totals barely changed from playing in Vancouver on a much better team. That's not even mentioning the fact that he played as much as guys like Bourque Lidstrom Leetch Zubov Chelios etc.
Every team's gameplan involves getting their superstar player as many opportunities as possible. Ovechkin is usually leading the league in total shots, which probably wouldn't happen if he didn't get fed the puck all the time.

Bure did his part for team defense by killing penalties and scoring shorthanded goals.

Bure and Ovechkin are different players. One is a speed goal scorer and the other is a power goal scorer. The only real comparison to make is entertainment value, and most people would probably pick Bure in this category.

M A K A V E L I* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.