HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Comments to Alexander Vankovich

Old
08-11-2011, 09:20 AM
BayouHab

vCash: 500
Andrei Kostitsyn Comments to Alexander Vankovich

Arpon Basu showing on his twitter feed that Andrei Kostitsyn made some comments to Sports-Express, Russia's sports daily news, about his season last year. To summarize, Andrei does not have a good relationship with Martin, he blames Martin for his season last year by saying that he was playing well but being put on the 3rd/4th lines, and that he had tried to talk to Martin more than once, but Martin "just doesn't care."

I do not have a link, but check out @SlavaMalamud on twitter for exact comments. Arpon also has link to Slava twitter feed on his own account, @ArponBasu.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Maxpac

Here we go again.....

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:24 AM
katatoniak

SlavaMalamud Slava Malamud
"The coach was with "flashes", that's why my season was all "flashes" - Andrei Kostitsyn, answering why his season was rather uneven #Habs

"It wasn't me who started to play badly, it's just that I was being put into 3rd and 4th line." - Andrei Kostitsyn to Goals.by #Habs

"I can't guess about next season. My relationship with the coach is not too good" - Andrei Kostitsyn to Goals.by #Habs

I've tried talking to (Jacques Martin), more than once. But he doesn't care." - Andrei Kostitsyn to Goals.by #Habs

Goals.by asks Kostitsyn if it'd be better to switch teams. "I am not thinking about it for now... My agent's advice is to play hockey"

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

I'm hoping this is exaggeration on the part of the media. Why would Andrei re-sign if he was unhappy?

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:27 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouHab View Post
Arpon Basu showing on his twitter feed that Andrei Kostitsyn made some comments to Sports-Express, Russia's sports daily news, about his season last year. To summarize, Andrei does not have a good relationship with Martin, he blames Martin for his season last year by saying that he was playing well but being put on the 3rd/4th lines, and that he had tried to talk to Martin more than once, but Martin "just doesn't care."

I do not have a link, but check out @SlavaMalamud on twitter for exact comments. Arpon also has link to Slava twitter feed on his own account, @ArponBasu.
If true, expect AK to be traded this year as there's no way he'll resign next year unless he lights up the 3rd line and we're in for a serious cup run. I'd still expect them to dangle him if they can upgrade.

I know he has a bad rep with a lot of people but by the numbers he's pretty solid player. Just you always expect soo much more from him because of his talent!

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:27 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post

I'm hoping this is exaggeration on the part of the media. Why would Andrei re-sign if he was unhappy?
Because he's RFA and 3.25M is problably what he would have earned in arbitration.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

His career is all flashes.

He sounds like his lovers in this board who pretend that he's playing well when he plays like crap. Maybe that's the reason holding him back from being a star a not a mediocre version of what he could be.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Jesus can this ever end? Why are players so freaking dumb while on the habs?

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Meh. I'm starting to wonder just how much these types of comments are "dressed up" by the newspapers. It's either that, or every single Russian that every passed through our organization got the shaft, and I find that harder to believe than a journalist stirring the pot to get more readers or website hits.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
His agent's advice is to "just play hockey"

Honestly, I think the biggest problem with the Russian players is their agents. They're greedy and they make their players seem cheep and greedy. How come we see Canadians, Americans, Swedes, Finns and everyone else sign discount contracts yet Russians always want the most they can get? It's not the players, it's their agents saying "Let me worry about the contract, you just keep doing what you're doing"

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

A perfect set-up for Andrei being traded ala Ribeiro during training camp.

Comments are just dumb. I dont get why these guys feel the need to vent to local media. Your getting paid 3+million to play hockey. If you have an issue, play yourself out of it, or ask for a trade in private.
What's so hard to get?

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:36 AM
otto bond

Well from pass experiences, players taking a stab at the coaches or the organization usely gets traded.
If this is true,I guess the day has come for him to move on and alls I care is that we get a great return for a change.

PS:Cue AK trade Proposal in 5,4,3,....

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
neofury*

I like Andrei but all I can say is that if we do trade him out of camp and we're going to lose the deal (duh) I'd rather make it a package deal to land someone better even if we still lose the trade than getting Ninimaa back for him

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Well probably the last season we see him in Montreal (good chance it would have been anyway).

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:41 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Well I like AK. He's not North American and isn't perceived as an important piece to the team despite his numbers and talent so he gets a lot of criticism. There also is a language and cultural barrier which I guess would make it difficult for coach and player.

I thought AK was really in his "comfort zone" when he was aligned with Cammalleri and Plekanec and Martin quickly ended that. That's when his struggles seemed to start.

Not a fan of Arpon Basu as he seems willing to side with certain players and get rips in on others to fuel his own agenda(s). And sometimes he comes across as being anti-European. That's my perception. Maybe incorrect but my perception.

I actually wish AK would get traded for his own good.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:41 AM
JHabs61

If AK gets traded , then I definetely hope he's packaged for an upgrade...I really like(d) AK... So I want a good return PG !!

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:45 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Well probably the last season we see him in Montreal (good chance it would have been anyway).
Works for me. Time for us to part ways.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Don't see why he's complaining. Yes, he got shifted around a lot, but so did a lot of other guys. At the end of the day, he had the 5th highest ES TOI per game amongst forwards and 6th highest overall TOI per game. Seems about right for a guy who doesn't play the PK and isn't a center.

As for his linemates, for 80% (or 79.86%) of the season he played with at least one of the following at even strength: Plekanec, Gionta, Cammalleri, Eller. The first 3 are bona fide top 6 players and the 4th is the guy he probably played the best with all season.

Whatever though. There's always a malcontent in Montreal, regardless of who's coaching. As long as he takes his agent's advice I'm fine.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Because he's RFA and 3.25M is problably what he would have earned in arbitration.
Why not hold out?

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:47 AM
SB164

By the way, AK's agent is Don Meehan, who also represents Markov and Subban among other players, I doubt he's too pleased with these comments.

But are any of us really surprised here? Why wouldn't a top 6 forward be disgruntled for being demoted to the 3rd/4th line? But the shots taken at JM is another matter, cause much to the dismay of many here, I'd argue that the organization is very much in support of Jacques and probably believes that an otherwise underachieving coach can lead the team on a serious Stanley Cup run within the next few years, especially with an elite goalie like Carey Price.

Last edited by SB164: 08-11-2011 at 10:00 AM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Jesus can this ever end? Why are players so freaking dumb while on the habs?
where there is smoke, there is usually fire... the list of habs players openly venting/complaining to the media during/immediately after their experience with the habs coaches/management has been surprisingly negative the past few years.

at some point it can't just be about the players, something about the culture the management group (Gainey-Gauthier) has created seems to be "off".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
His career is all flashes.

He sounds like his lovers in this board who pretend that he's playing well when he plays like crap. Maybe that's the reason holding him back from being a star a not a mediocre version of what he could be.
i take it your of the "management/coaches can do no wrong camp"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I like Andrei but all I can say is that if we do trade him out of camp and we're going to lose the deal (duh) I'd rather make it a package deal to land someone better even if we still lose the trade than getting Ninimaa back for him
this... sadly.

of the players/assets we've lost with little/no return in the past few seasons, A.Kost could be the "worst". If/when he gets moved or not re-signed, I think there's a good chance that he, like his brother, immediately stats producing at a much greater clip.

he'll be motivated to prove himself/prove the habs use of him was the problem
odds are he'll go to a team with more freedom for the fwds
odds are whatever team trades for/signs him will use him properly

the yo-yo'ing that Martin subjected to him can be understandable, but not the lack of communication... hopefully the article was mis-leading/mis-interpreted (though some of the quotes are pretty straight fwd), but if not, you have to question how a coach can think that it's a good idea not communicating with younger players, and why management refuses to make it a priority given how many young assets we've squandered due to "attitude" issues, all of which revolve around the same problem (players complaining about their role and the lack of communication about it).

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Ross MacLochness

It was going to be his last season with us most likely so who cares. As long as he skates his butt off on the 3rd line (which is going to be- gasp! A scoring line!)

All we need to do is make sure we get an upgrade on him in the summer. Someone who has size, can hit, and put up some points. Palushaj will probably make the team next year in his vacant spot, but he doesn't bring much in terms of size.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:57 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
It was going to be his last season with us most likely so who cares. As long as he skates his butt off on the 3rd line (which is going to be- gasp! A scoring line!)

All we need to do is make sure we get an upgrade on him in the summer. Someone who has size, can hit, and put up some points. Palushaj will probably make the team next year in his vacant spot, but he doesn't bring much in terms of size.
At least on a 3rd line scoring line there will already be enough of an advantage already to compensate if there's a lack of size. On a 3rd scoring line talent can actually triumph against most teams.

That having been said size would just make it even more dominant so I feel you there

Old
08-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If we trade him it'll probably be for some ****** forward who doesn't throw a hit.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 10:02 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If we trade him it'll probably be for some ****** forward who doesn't throw a hit.
Don't worry if he's Canadian he'll be able to be a downgrade and still not get **** on like Andrei has been.

If he's Quebecois he'll be considered our next future 80pt guy even if he's been a career 40pt guy who doesn't hit, lacks size, has less drive than Andrei etc. Because in Montreal if you're a Euro player you suck unless you put up 80pt carrying your team throw hits and never quit.

Every mistake a euro makes is "lazy scrub" but if a non-Euro does the same thing it's "not his fault" or "insert other excuse".