HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Softest team this year?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-11-2011, 08:58 AM
  #176
bostone737
Registered User
 
bostone737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Then the Bruins are Stanely Cup champions. I call it as I see it.
fixed

bostone737 is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:00 AM
  #177
bostone737
Registered User
 
bostone737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
oh ya, I would say Vancouver, even before when Torres was there, now he's gone, it's easily them IMO

bostone737 is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:09 AM
  #178
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
fixed
Oh congrats. Is this how the main board will be?

Every time you won't agree you will bring how you won th Cup for the 6th time of your history instead of arguing facts?


Last edited by HH: 08-11-2011 at 09:16 AM.
HH is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:09 AM
  #179
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
...

Anyway, your lack of toughness got you nowhere. Their team toughness won them the cup. What's your point? Enjoy the... small noses in Montreal?
You are acting like Montreal are soft as butter with no heart. They were 1 goal away from eliminating those said tough goons.

HH is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:13 AM
  #180
DanZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucheneToEller View Post
By diving, do you mean something like this?


I hate when people bring this up. That's not a dive. In fact, it's far from it. Chara would not take himself out of a playoff game to fake an injury.

DanZ is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:19 AM
  #181
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,440
vCash: 500
HF should just bite the bullet, and create a sticky where all Habs haters can congregate and do what they do best...hate on the habs.

Would make this board a way better place lol

417 is online now  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:21 AM
  #182
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Facts? Child pleaseeeee
actually those are facts, I'd personally admit if they weren't too, since it's too late now and the cup has already been one.

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:23 AM
  #183
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Last years flyers were one of the softest teams I have ever seen.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:26 AM
  #184
bostone737
Registered User
 
bostone737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Oh congrats. Is this how the main board will be?

Every time you won't agree you will bring how you won th Cup for the 6th time of your history instead of arguing facts?
oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize 'Then the Bruins are neanderthals and gutless ugly with huge noses. I call it as I see it.' was a fact

bostone737 is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:30 AM
  #185
cashman rules*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Timmins ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
Anyone that has to use a prosecutor to settle there problems because there team is full of pansies is no#1 on any list,ole.

cashman rules* is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:36 AM
  #186
SupremefartMachine
Registered User
 
SupremefartMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
Anyone that has to use a prosecutor to settle there problems because there team is full of pansies is no#1 on any list,ole.
This is a factual statement.

SupremefartMachine is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:38 AM
  #187
Moore Money
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
oh ya, I would say Vancouver, even before when Torres was there, now he's gone, it's easily them IMO
The Sedins yes.. After that, they aren't soft at all.

Moore Money is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:38 AM
  #188
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!
 
8spokesontheB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
I don't see how diving correlates to "softness", so that whole thing is irrelevant to me. Even so, the team from Montreal does still look like one of the least physical teams in the league for next season.

8spokesontheB is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:38 AM
  #189
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 32,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
HF should just bite the bullet, and create a sticky where all Habs haters can congregate and do what they do best...hate on the habs.

Would make this board a way better place lol
Or maybe a sticky for all Bruins vs. Habs flamewars to be redirected. Kinda like a prison island.

tarheelhockey is online now  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:42 AM
  #190
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
I hate when people bring this up. That's not a dive. In fact, it's far from it. Chara would not take himself out of a playoff game to fake an injury.
Sure smells like double standards in here.

Halpern's a diver, but Chara isn't because "Chara would not do that"? Really?

Most of this post isn't in response to you, Dan, so I apologize if it seems that way.

People who come in here and try to pass off subjective calls from Jack Edwards as "facts", then pull the "call 911" card whenever anyone tries to challenge them, are not worth the time of day. The fact that they got so many angry Habs fans to respond is a true testament to their trolling powers.

For every Habs fan that called 911 that night, there was 1 Bruins fan who harassed Max Pacioretty on Twitter. For every Habs fan who cried "karma" when Nathan Horton got injured, you'll find 1 Bruins fan who believe that Pacioretty "exaggerated" his injury.

Time to stop the pissing contests and just agree that both fanbases are passionate, and as a result, both fanbases have more than their fair share of idiots who make the rest of us look bad. Every thread I come into on this forum degenerates into a Habs/Bruins thing, mostly about Pacioretty/Chara.

The Habs dive no more than any other team in the league. To suggest otherwise, and to suggest that it's a part of their strategy, is nothing more than pure bias.

Last year, they relied on their goalie. This year, they dive. Time to stop grasping at straws and give the team a little bit of credit. You don't need to worship them, because thye've been an 8th seed the past 2 seasons. But maybe it's time to acknowledge the fact that they play a solid defensive system.

And before anyone claims that I won't give the Bruins credit for anything, I think they absolutely deserved to win the cup, and if my Habs could play a bit more like them, it would be in their best interest.

Now, to drag this thread back on topic, I will pick Washington as the softest team.

Dwight is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:43 AM
  #191
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!
 
8spokesontheB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Or maybe a sticky for all Bruins vs. Habs flamewars to be redirected. Kinda like a prison island.
Hfboards.

8spokesontheB is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:44 AM
  #192
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,785
vCash: 500
Double post. My bad!

Dwight is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
  #193
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 1340
Same as every year: Habs followed by Sabres.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 09:56 AM
  #194
SupremefartMachine
Registered User
 
SupremefartMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Sure smells like double standards in here.

Halpern's a diver, but Chara isn't because "Chara would not do that"? Really?


Most of this post isn't in response to you, Dan, so I apologize if it seems that way.

People who come in here and try to pass off subjective calls from Jack Edwards as "facts", then pull the "call 911" card whenever anyone tries to challenge them, are not worth the time of day. The fact that they got so many angry Habs fans to respond is a true testament to their trolling powers.

For every Habs fan that called 911 that night, there was 1 Bruins fan who harassed Max Pacioretty on Twitter. For every Habs fan who cried "karma" when Nathan Horton got injured, you'll find 1 Bruins fan who believe that Pacioretty "exaggerated" his injury.

Time to stop the pissing contests and just agree that both fanbases are passionate, and as a result, both fanbases have more than their fair share of idiots who make the rest of us look bad. Every thread I come into on this forum degenerates into a Habs/Bruins thing, mostly about Pacioretty/Chara.

The Habs dive no more than any other team in the league. To suggest otherwise, and to suggest that it's a part of their strategy, is nothing more than pure bias.

Last year, they relied on their goalie. This year, they dive. Time to stop grasping at straws and give the team a little bit of credit. You don't need to worship them, because thye've been an 8th seed the past 2 seasons. But maybe it's time to acknowledge the fact that they play a solid defensive system.

And before anyone claims that I won't give the Bruins credit for anything, I think they absolutely deserved to win the cup, and if my Habs could play a bit more like them, it would be in their best interest.

Now, to drag this thread back on topic, I will pick Washington as the softest team.

It's not a double standard, it's more of a "the boy who cried wolf" effect. When you have a team that dives quite a bit, like Montreal or Vancouver, it's hard to tell when they're actually hurt or diving. Mason Raymond is a good example, when he went down it looked innocent enough, but obviously he was badly injured, but given the amount of diving and embellishment up to that point in the series it was hard to tell if this was another dive. It's easier to assume when a player on the Bruins or Predators goes down, they're really hurt, because neither team has a reputation for diving.

SupremefartMachine is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 10:06 AM
  #195
Kings of Komarov
Registered User
 
Kings of Komarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
HF should just bite the bullet, and create a sticky where all Habs haters can congregate and do what they do best...hate on the habs.

Would make this board a way better place lol
Don't be upset. It is a thread about the softest t

Kings of Komarov is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 10:13 AM
  #196
hatterson
Global Moderator
 
hatterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Tonawanda, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,411
vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
I hate when people bring this up. That's not a dive. In fact, it's far from it. Chara would not take himself out of a playoff game to fake an injury.
And yet a basically identical play is posted as proof that Crosby dives all the time.

hatterson is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 10:22 AM
  #197
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,050
vCash: 500
This thread should have been close long ago...

as for the Bruins fans thinking that their team doesn't dive...don't force me to post 10 videos displaying bruins diving...and this is not footage of 4-5 years ago...these are dives from last year.

Andy is online now  
Old
08-11-2011, 10:22 AM
  #198
HatchtrickBateman
Registered User
 
HatchtrickBateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lincoln, NE
Country: United States
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucheneToEller View Post

.
FAAARR from a chara fan, but it kinda reminded me of this vid. If it got him in the right spot, a slash is gonna hurt

HatchtrickBateman is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 10:22 AM
  #199
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,560
vCash: 50
Jeez, Bruins fans trolling up this thread, how original...

How is Montréal the softest team in the NHL ? We finished 16th in hits last season and improved with the signing of Cole and Emelin finally coming over.

We may be the smallest, but absolutely not the softest.

Jee is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
  #200
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
We're done here.

KevFist is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.