HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Softest team this year?

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2011, 08:58 AM
bostone737

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Then the Bruins are Stanely Cup champions. I call it as I see it.
fixed

Old
08-11-2011, 09:00 AM
bostone737

oh ya, I would say Vancouver, even before when Torres was there, now he's gone, it's easily them IMO

Old
08-11-2011, 09:09 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
fixed
Oh congrats. Is this how the main board will be?

Every time you won't agree you will bring how you won th Cup for the 6th time of your history instead of arguing facts?

Last edited by HH: 08-11-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old
08-11-2011, 09:09 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post

Anyway, your lack of toughness got you nowhere. Their team toughness won them the cup. What's your point? Enjoy the... small noses in Montreal?
You are acting like Montreal are soft as butter with no heart. They were 1 goal away from eliminating those said tough goons.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:13 AM
DanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucheneToEller View Post
By diving, do you mean something like this?

I hate when people bring this up. That's not a dive. In fact, it's far from it. Chara would not take himself out of a playoff game to fake an injury.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:19 AM

HF should just bite the bullet, and create a sticky where all Habs haters can congregate and do what they do best...hate on the habs.

Would make this board a way better place lol

Old
08-11-2011, 09:21 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Facts? Child pleaseeeee
actually those are facts, I'd personally admit if they weren't too, since it's too late now and the cup has already been one.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Last years flyers were one of the softest teams I have ever seen.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:26 AM
bostone737

Quote:
Oh congrats. Is this how the main board will be?

Every time you won't agree you will bring how you won th Cup for the 6th time of your history instead of arguing facts?
oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize 'Then the Bruins are neanderthals and gutless ugly with huge noses. I call it as I see it.' was a fact

Old
08-11-2011, 09:30 AM
cashman rules*

Anyone that has to use a prosecutor to settle there problems because there team is full of pansies is no#1 on any list,ole.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:36 AM
SupremefartMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
Anyone that has to use a prosecutor to settle there problems because there team is full of pansies is no#1 on any list,ole.
This is a factual statement.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
oh ya, I would say Vancouver, even before when Torres was there, now he's gone, it's easily them IMO
The Sedins yes.. After that, they aren't soft at all.

Old
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

I don't see how diving correlates to "softness", so that whole thing is irrelevant to me. Even so, the team from Montreal does still look like one of the least physical teams in the league for next season.

Old
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
HF should just bite the bullet, and create a sticky where all Habs haters can congregate and do what they do best...hate on the habs.

Or maybe a sticky for all Bruins vs. Habs flamewars to be redirected. Kinda like a prison island.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
I hate when people bring this up. That's not a dive. In fact, it's far from it. Chara would not take himself out of a playoff game to fake an injury.
Sure smells like double standards in here.

Halpern's a diver, but Chara isn't because "Chara would not do that"? Really?

Most of this post isn't in response to you, Dan, so I apologize if it seems that way.

People who come in here and try to pass off subjective calls from Jack Edwards as "facts", then pull the "call 911" card whenever anyone tries to challenge them, are not worth the time of day. The fact that they got so many angry Habs fans to respond is a true testament to their trolling powers.

For every Habs fan that called 911 that night, there was 1 Bruins fan who harassed Max Pacioretty on Twitter. For every Habs fan who cried "karma" when Nathan Horton got injured, you'll find 1 Bruins fan who believe that Pacioretty "exaggerated" his injury.

Time to stop the pissing contests and just agree that both fanbases are passionate, and as a result, both fanbases have more than their fair share of idiots who make the rest of us look bad. Every thread I come into on this forum degenerates into a Habs/Bruins thing, mostly about Pacioretty/Chara.

The Habs dive no more than any other team in the league. To suggest otherwise, and to suggest that it's a part of their strategy, is nothing more than pure bias.

Last year, they relied on their goalie. This year, they dive. Time to stop grasping at straws and give the team a little bit of credit. You don't need to worship them, because thye've been an 8th seed the past 2 seasons. But maybe it's time to acknowledge the fact that they play a solid defensive system.

And before anyone claims that I won't give the Bruins credit for anything, I think they absolutely deserved to win the cup, and if my Habs could play a bit more like them, it would be in their best interest.

Now, to drag this thread back on topic, I will pick Washington as the softest team.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:43 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Or maybe a sticky for all Bruins vs. Habs flamewars to be redirected. Kinda like a prison island.
Hfboards.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Double post. My bad!

Old
08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Same as every year: Habs followed by Sabres.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:56 AM
SupremefartMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Sure smells like double standards in here.

Halpern's a diver, but Chara isn't because "Chara would not do that"? Really?

Most of this post isn't in response to you, Dan, so I apologize if it seems that way.

People who come in here and try to pass off subjective calls from Jack Edwards as "facts", then pull the "call 911" card whenever anyone tries to challenge them, are not worth the time of day. The fact that they got so many angry Habs fans to respond is a true testament to their trolling powers.

For every Habs fan that called 911 that night, there was 1 Bruins fan who harassed Max Pacioretty on Twitter. For every Habs fan who cried "karma" when Nathan Horton got injured, you'll find 1 Bruins fan who believe that Pacioretty "exaggerated" his injury.

Time to stop the pissing contests and just agree that both fanbases are passionate, and as a result, both fanbases have more than their fair share of idiots who make the rest of us look bad. Every thread I come into on this forum degenerates into a Habs/Bruins thing, mostly about Pacioretty/Chara.

The Habs dive no more than any other team in the league. To suggest otherwise, and to suggest that it's a part of their strategy, is nothing more than pure bias.

Last year, they relied on their goalie. This year, they dive. Time to stop grasping at straws and give the team a little bit of credit. You don't need to worship them, because thye've been an 8th seed the past 2 seasons. But maybe it's time to acknowledge the fact that they play a solid defensive system.

And before anyone claims that I won't give the Bruins credit for anything, I think they absolutely deserved to win the cup, and if my Habs could play a bit more like them, it would be in their best interest.

Now, to drag this thread back on topic, I will pick Washington as the softest team.

It's not a double standard, it's more of a "the boy who cried wolf" effect. When you have a team that dives quite a bit, like Montreal or Vancouver, it's hard to tell when they're actually hurt or diving. Mason Raymond is a good example, when he went down it looked innocent enough, but obviously he was badly injured, but given the amount of diving and embellishment up to that point in the series it was hard to tell if this was another dive. It's easier to assume when a player on the Bruins or Predators goes down, they're really hurt, because neither team has a reputation for diving.

Old
08-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Kings of Komarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

Don't be upset. It is a thread about the softest t

Old
08-11-2011, 10:13 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
And yet a basically identical play is posted as proof that Crosby dives all the time.

Old
08-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Andy

This thread should have been close long ago...

as for the Bruins fans thinking that their team doesn't dive...don't force me to post 10 videos displaying bruins diving...and this is not footage of 4-5 years ago...these are dives from last year.

Old
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucheneToEller View Post

FAAARR from a chara fan, but it kinda reminded me of this vid. If it got him in the right spot, a slash is gonna hurt

Old
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Jeez, Bruins fans trolling up this thread, how original...

How is Montréal the softest team in the NHL ? We finished 16th in hits last season and improved with the signing of Cole and Emelin finally coming over.

We may be the smallest, but absolutely not the softest.

Old
08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
KevFist
is best pony

We're done here.

Closed Thread