HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How would you improve the in-arena experience? (other than changing the music)

Old
08-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
If you would have represented yourself better it would make your argument more believable. If you would have came out and said "i am a big fan but go to two or three games a year because I don't like to be tied down to STH or whatever and it allows me to do other things, hobbies etc... Instead you come off as Aesop's Fables Sour Grapes Fox bashing anything and everything that has to do with ScotiaBank Place, the hockey experience, all aspects of attending an NHL game on a hockey forum full of passionate NHL, Ottawa Senator fans.

I am all for dimensions but to harp on stupid crap like in-game experience when the attraction is not the damn scoreboard or music but the damn hockey game, you look ASSININE.
- At no point did I bash "anything and everything" .. all I've said is that they could make better use of technology (see original post), and stated that the experience was too repetitive to do more than a few times a year. You are full of crap.

- I never said that the attraction is the scoreboard or the music. Now you're full of crap and putting words in my mouth. Besides, if the attraction is "the damn hockey game", and not the in-arena experience, why are you teeing off on me for not being in the arena. The attraction is the game, remember? I can see the game on TV. Seems like you're more invested in the in-game experience than you lead on, otherwise it wouldn't be such a sin that I only go a couple of times a year.

- Mis-spelling 'asinine' makes you look more asinine than me.

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 02:51 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

ajhnkn, they usually have a band playing live in the Local heros on the third level before the game and during intermissions. That's a good spot to grab a beer and some pub food pre-game.

I wouldn't mind more live music within the actual seating area though. I think the Brother Dube did a few games last year. One thing people forget about the whole gladiator fiasco was the awesome live drum-timp intro that went along with it. That was actually epic and put a new spin on the Sens theme song. If they could do that (without Grats in armour) before some games I'd be pretty happy.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjnkn View Post
4. More live fiddle/trumpet music: Just a personal preference, but I really like the fiddle player Ottawa has used the last few years. Doing a reel every period would be awesome and would add to the in game experience for me personally, but I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea...
I agree. I love the atmosphere created by live trumpeters especially. Replace any "everybody clap their hands" play with a trumpeter in the crowd would be a great improvement.

And league-wide, I hate TV timeouts. Even when watching from home. I was fine with the commercial coverage from before TV timeouts... "when you were away, Anton Stastny made a great pass to his brother, breaking him free for this excellent shot on goal." Those long breaks are agonizing when you're there live.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 12:15 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
- At no point did I bash "anything and everything" .. all I've said is that they could make better use of technology (see original post), and stated that the experience was too repetitive to do more than a few times a year. You are full of crap.

- I never said that the attraction is the scoreboard or the music. Now you're full of crap and putting words in my mouth. Besides, if the attraction is "the damn hockey game", and not the in-arena experience, why are you teeing off on me for not being in the arena. The attraction is the game, remember? I can see the game on TV. Seems like you're more invested in the in-game experience than you lead on, otherwise it wouldn't be such a sin that I only go a couple of times a year.

- Mis-spelling 'asinine' makes you look more asinine than me.
Full of crap? The guy who has 8000 posts and says that he doesn't go because it is repetitive is full of crap. I can do this all day long, my friend with phonies like yourself. I pay my way, you don't and that is your right but I don't like it when guys like you ***** and moan about what we all love and attribute it to the repetitive nature of a hockey game experience. It is like that in every arena, as the other guy stated, it is all the same wherever you go. It is fans like yourself that are the difference. It is hard to put words in your pie hole when you have stated that fans "blow their money" or "throw away money on jerseys and crap" while you don't , etc...it rubs me and others the wrong way. Seriously, I don;t know why you post here with an attitude like that.

I prefer my spelling of assinine as it puts emphasis on the word "ass" ...I am glad you looked up the spelling of the word, hoped you paid more attention to the definition in order to assertain the emphassis of the word.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Full of crap? The guy who has 8000 posts and says that he doesn't go because it is repetitive is full of crap. I can do this all day long, my friend with phonies like yourself. I pay my way, you don't and that is your right but I don't like it when guys like you ***** and moan about what we all love and attribute it to the repetitive nature of a hockey game experience. It is like that in every arena, as the other guy stated, it is all the same wherever you go. It is fans like yourself that are the difference. It is hard to put words in your pie hole when you have stated that fans "blow their money" or "throw away money on jerseys and crap" while you don't , etc...it rubs me and others the wrong way. Seriously, I don;t know why you post here with an attitude like that.

I prefer my spelling of assinine as it puts emphasis on the word "ass" ...I am glad you looked up the spelling of the word, hoped you paid more attention to the definition in order to assertain the emphassis of the word.
With how offended you are, it's almost as if you own the building. Hmmm...

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Nah, he's just lacking perspectve. He thinks there are only two kinds of fans .. if you aren't painting your face, tailgating in the parking lot, naming your children after scoring leaders and your cats after the equipment managers, you're a bandwagonner who shows up when the team is winning, cheers when the scoreboard tells you to, yells "shooooot!" for all two minutes of every power play, regardless of where the puck is, and refers to all the players by their number instead of their names ("ewww, Number-25-Guy just spat on the ice...").

Such binary "thinking" increases the number of people he thinks he's better than.

Old
08-10-2011, 10:17 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Iamok, what offends me is how he comes off as a fan but then says he won't go more than a couple of times a year because it is repetitive, boring, Cotton Eye Joe, etc...I know a lot of people who would absolutely love to go see an NHL game in their city. A lot of people in Hamilton, Quebec City would love to watch Crosby, Ovechkin, Toews, etc...and I would venture to guess that they wouldn't give a lick about the in-game experience.

Does this mean that i approve of everything at SBP? Of course not, but it would not stop me from going. I believe that Cyril Leeder is always finding ways to improve the experience and he is very committed to doing so.

I simply love my team and watching a hockey game live does not compare to Haymaker watching it at home with a Laker and Pizza Pizza. He has stated he would rather do that. I find that statement offensive and his justification of spending his money elsewhere is absolutely fine...but to trash others and denigrate them by saying they are "throwing their money away" on tickets or ridiculing people "buying jerseys and other crap" is incompatible with someone who posts 8000 times.

I can do this all day long but honestly I am done with this and think I have stated clearly why.

Old
08-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:
Iamok, what offends me is how he comes off as a fan but then says he won't go more than a couple of times a year because it is repetitive, boring, Cotton Eye Joe, etc...I know a lot of people who would absolutely love to go see an NHL game in their city. A lot of people in Hamilton, Quebec City would love to watch Crosby, Ovechkin, Toews, etc...and I would venture to guess that they wouldn't give a lick about the in-game experience.

Does this mean that i approve of everything at SBP? Of course not, but it would not stop me from going. I believe that Cyril Leeder is always finding ways to improve the experience and he is very committed to doing so.

I simply love my team and watching a hockey game live does not compare to Haymaker watching it at home with a Laker and Pizza Pizza. He has stated he would rather do that. I find that statement offensive and his justification of spending his money elsewhere is absolutely fine...but to trash others and denigrate them by saying they are "throwing their money away" on tickets or ridiculing people "buying jerseys and other crap" is incompatible with someone who posts 8000 times.

I can do this all day long but honestly I am done with this and think I have stated clearly why.
Okay that's it, I've had it - I DO NOT DRINK LAKER!

Old
08-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

Quote:
I drink Laker sometimes. Only in a can though, it tastes alright. Nice and cheap.

Senacus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Line Pass View Post
I might be alone here, but I'm pretty happy with the current in-game experience. I like chit chatting with my friends and family during the play, talking sports, etc. I don't go to the game to scream my face off all night.

Yes I'm loud after a great play or after a goal. Then I go back to my conversation as I watch. If I want to get loaded or have a party atmosphere I can do that without the $80 cover charge.

I'm 28 in case you're wondering about demographics. Only change I would make would be to make use of more humour (skits, etc).

Fans who have conversations during the play are the worst.

Coco the Monkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 10:51 AM
coladin

Quote:
Haha, ok, I will apologize for that low blow.

Old
08-10-2011, 11:04 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Hoodie-under-the-jersey method? That's a favorite, from what I've noticed.
Big columbia jacket...put 4 under my belt in my pants...no one is going to feel my junk lol. Then slide another 2 in some random pockets inside your coat.

jbeck5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:10 AM
jbeck5

Quote:

Why are you so mad?

jbeck5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:14 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Big columbia jacket...put 4 under my belt in my pants...no one is going to feel my junk lol. Then slide another 2 in some random pockets inside your coat.
You mean no one is going to feel your junk YOU HOPE.

But yeah. Usually the ones who get caught are the blatant ones. If you're super-sneaky, you're usually pretty safe.

As long as you're cool if (when?) you get caught and are asked to leave, it's all good. I hate dealing with people that put up a fuss when they've been caught, then act like the ARENA has done something wrong by enforcing AGCO law.

In summary: those that are smart about it usually are pretty safe, and those who are GENTLEMEN about it when they are caught are always welcomed back with open arms.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Two Line Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco the Monkey View Post
Fans who have conversations during the play are the worst.
Fans who scream the whole game no matter what's happening are the worst. See what I did there?

Two Line Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

Quote:
Fans who scream the whole game no matter what's happening are the worst. See what I did there?
That's a little different. If you can't see the difference between yelling and cheering, and talking to people about crap that doesn't have to do with the game, then there's something wrong with you.

Nobody wants to hear people talking about how Sheila is sleeping around behind her husband's back, and nobody wants to hear how little Jimmy just got an A+ on his solar system diarama. Shut up and watch the game!

Old
08-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Two Line Pass

In this thread we're discussing how everyone goes to the game for different reasons and wants a different experience. It's pointless to tell someone else how they should behave at the game.

Two Line Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

Quote:
In this thread we're discussing how everyone goes to the game for different reasons and wants a different experience. It's pointless to tell someone else how they should behave at the game.
No it's not. You can chat a baseball game. You can't chat at hockey games and movies.

Old
08-10-2011, 02:15 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco the Monkey View Post
Shut up and watch the game!

This is how I feel about this entire thread.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:29 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Why are you so mad?
It's called (now you have to say this word as Antonio Banderas would say it) "passion".

Old
08-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Just to clarify my views, they could put me in charge of picking the music, let me play the organ, and select me to participate in all the stupid little contests, and I'd still only go a few times a year. Too much other stuff I wanna do
This is puzzling to me.

You think the in-arena experience is bad so you don't go because you can watch games on TV and that doesn't make want to go to more than a handful of games. That's fine.

But then you go on to mention that even if they let you do everything you wanted in terms of entertainement you'd still only go a few times a year.

Sounds like no matter what you'd only go a few times a year, and it isn't because of the in-arena experience.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
EDIT: double post (took a while for my first post to show up)

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote