There is currently an opening in our Keeper Hockey League. It is a great league that has been around for 10 years and now going on its 11th. The team that is open is stacked and by using the word stacked that is an understatement.
We are really looking for an owner who knows the value of prospects, draft picks as well as active roster players.
This is a very active league and we are only looking for an owner who will be on top of their team, and is very active and responds to emails, trade responses in a timely manner.
We keep 17 active roster players and have a 45 person farm team. We also hold an 8 round (if you need 8 rounds) Summer Entry draft that takes place the day of the actually NHL Entry draft.
- Roto format, nightly lineup changes (up to one minute before game time), dress 9F, 5D, 1 Utility (F or D) and 2-3 goalies. 5 bench slots. Unlimited IR slots. Unlimited waiver transactions.
- 6 stat categories for F, D and Util (goals, assts, +/-, PP points, SOG, PIM)
- 3 stat categories for goalies (wins, SV%, GAA). Peripheral goalie stats also count towards the goal, assist, PPP, SOG and PIM categories.
- Keep 17 players year-to-year.
- Keep 45 farmers year-to-year (See "Farm Rules" post for farm eligibility details)
- $6 entry fee to help pay for the websites premium features used.
Each team will have the following games-played limits:
- Forwards: 738 (9 x 82)
- D-Men: 410 (5 x 82)
- Skater: 82 (this spot can be filled with a Forward or D-man)
- Goalies: 164 (2 x 82)
All teams are required to meet max GP limits for Forwards, D-men and Skater. This is to prevent intentional tanking. (When we determine the draft order for the each season, teams that did not meet GP limits for F, D or Skater will have their F, D and Skater stats pro-rated to max GP and those adjustments could mean moving down in the draft).
Goalies will have a minimum GP limit of 120, with a max of 164. (Again, for draft order purposes, If you do not meet the minimum of 120 GP, your goalie wins will be prorated over 120 games and this could mean moving down in the draft).
On your team page, you can use the Min/Max tab to track your GP pace throughout the season. With so many IR, bench and farmer options, it should be no problem for everyone to meet GP requirements.
1. You can add a player to your farm as long as:
- He has been NHL-drafted, or is old enough that he is no longer NHL draft eligible
- He has played 25 or less NHL games
2. Once a player is on your farm, you can protect him as one of your 20 farmers until NHL games-played limits are reached (F 246, D 328, G 200).
3. Throughout the season, you can "call up" farmers to your active roster whenever you want. They remain farm-protected and can be returned to the farm at any time (until NHL GP limits are reached). Once NHL GP limits are reached, Farmers are required to be called up to your active roster or dropped to waivers. Failure to do so will be in result of an illegal roster and stats will not be accumulated, proceeded by forfeiture of draft picks if not corrected in a timely manner.
4. After the NHL entry draft every June, we'll hold our prospect draft to pick from the newly-drafted players. (Not a snake draft). To prevent intentional tanking of a season just to get the first overall pick, a lottery style system has been implemented
1) Five or more owners can veto any trade made. All veto votes must be sent to the Commish (not posted on the BB) within 48 hours of the trade being accepted in-season and within 14 days of being accepted in the off-season.
2) Criteria for a veto vote: Any trade deemed "highly unreasonable" by an owner... a trade that is thought to not realistically benefit one side nearly as much as the other either now or in the future.
The roster of the open team is listed here:
F Backstrom, Nicklas F - WAS Active
F Crosby, Sidney F - PIT Active
F Heatley, Dany F - MIN Active
F Kovalchuk, Ilya F - NJ Active
F Marleau, Patrick F - SJ Active
F Richards, Mike F - LA Active
F Semin, Alexander F - WAS Active
F Thornton, Joe F - SJ Active
F Zetterberg, Henrik F - DET Active
D Boyle, Dan D - SJ Active
D Chara, Zdeno D - BOS Active
D Gonchar, Sergei D - OTT Active
D Phaneuf, Dion D - TOR Active
F Richards, Brad F - NYR Active
F Konopka, Zenon F - OTT Reserve
F Ward, Joel F - WAS Reserve
D Carkner, Matt D - OTT Reserve
Skt Jagr, Jaromir F - PHI Reserve
Minors/Farm Team Forwards
F Akeson, Jason F - PHI Minors
F Connolly, Brett F - TB Minors
F Cormier, Patrice F - ATL Minors
F Eakin, Cody F - WAS Minors
F Ferraro, Landon F - DET Minors
F Galiev, Stanislav F - WAS Minors
F Gallagher, Brendan F - MON Minors
F Geoffrion, Blake F - NAS Minors
F Grachev, Evgeny F - STL Minors
F Johansson, Marcus F - WAS Minors
F Johnson, Nick F - PIT Minors
F Locke, Corey F - OTT Minors
F Pesonen, Janne F - (N/A) Minors
F Petrov, Kirill F - NYI Minors
F Radulov, Alexander F - NAS Minors
F Rinaldo, Zac F - PHI Minors
F Smith-Pelly, Devante F - ANA Minors
Minors/Farm Team Defensemen
D Hedman, Victor D - TB Minors
D Muzzin, Jake D - LA Minors
D Postma, Paul D - ATL Minors
D Taormina, Matt D - NJ Minors
D Teubert, Colten D - EDM Minors
G Brodeur, Martin G - NJ Active
G Lundqvist, Henrik G - NYR Active
G Nabokov, Evgeni G � NYI Active
Minors/Farm Team Goalies
G Barulin, Konstantin G - (N/A) Minors
G Bobkov, Igor G - ANA Minors
G Carrozzi, Chris G - ATL Minors
G Cheverie, Marc G - FLA Minors
G Dahlberg, Nicklas G - (N/A) Minors
G Endras, Dennis G - MIN Minors
G Fasth, Viktor G - (N/A) Minors
G Grubauer, Philipp G - WAS Minors
G Gustafsson, Johan G - MIN Minors
G Gustavsson, Jonas G - TOR Minors
G Holtby, Braden G - WAS Minors
G Hovinen, Niko G - PHI Minors
G Larsson, Daniel G - DET Minors
G Lehner, Robin G - OTT Minors
G Lindback, Anders G - NAS Minors
G McCollum, Thomas G - DET Minors
G Mrazek, Petr G - DET Minors
G Ortio, Joni G - CAL Minors
G Owuya, Mark G - TOR Minors
G Pearce, Jordan G - DET Minors
G Pechurskiy, Alexander G - PIT Minors
G Simpson, Kent G - CHI Minors
If interested or have any additional questions please respond to this posting and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "Keeper League Opening" in the subject line. And be sure to inlcude a brief summary of your FHL experience.