HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Comments to Alexander Vankovich

Old
08-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Don't worry if he's Canadian he'll be able to be a downgrade and still not get **** on like Andrei has been.

If he's Quebecois he'll be considered our next future 80pt guy even if he's been a career 40pt guy who doesn't hit, lacks size, has less drive than Andrei etc. Because in Montreal if you're a Euro player you suck unless you put up 80pt carrying your team throw hits and never quit.

Every mistake a euro makes is "lazy scrub" but if a non-Euro does the same thing it's "not his fault" or "insert other excuse".
It's not like Andrei is helping his case by whining to Belarus media...

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Here's an article on the subject: (In French)

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...-belarus.shtml

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

BTW the title is wrong, Slava Malamud did not make the interview. It's Alexander Vankovich.

Old
08-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Sounds about exactly how I imagined it from watching. It does seem like Martin doesn't like AK, and AK *is* too good a player to get relegated to 3rd/4th lines, and I'd say there might have been times when it was warranted and other times when it didn't seem to be... which would be understandably confusing... although that said, it partially worked at times with Eller.

My issue is why these guys talk. They don't talk to the Montreal journalists about this stuff. I don't know why they think it will remain secret if they say it to somebody overseas. Yeah, just play hockey like Meehan says. If you want to vent, vent to somebody in a closer circle of friends/family. Totally understandable feelings/observations from AK, just poor judgement to say them to somebody who is going to make them public.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:21 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
It's not like Andrei is helping his case by whining to Belarus media...
Not disagreeing about that part that's for sure but he isn't the first euro to complain about being treated unfairly or not liking the staff.

Personally I think it was a ***** move of him to say all that regardless but I do think some of it was taken out of context/not translated properly, whatever you want to call it, these writers want readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Sounds about exactly how I imagined it from watching. It does seem like Martin doesn't like AK, and AK *is* too good a player to get relegated to 3rd/4th lines, and I'd say there might have been times when it was warranted and other times when it didn't seem to be... which would be understandably confusing... although that said, it partially worked at times with Eller.

My issue is why these guys talk. They don't talk to the Montreal journalists about this stuff. I don't know why they think it will remain secret if they say it to somebody overseas. Yeah, just play hockey like Meehan says. If you want to vent, vent to somebody in a closer circle of friends/family. Totally understandable feelings/observations from AK, just poor judgement to say them to somebody who is going to make them public.
I'm sure he didn't make the NHL due to being a smart guy, he made the NHL by being a good player. And while I like Andrei and JM I feel both sides have had their fault in this matter. Even with the language barrier it's simply unacceptable to not have good communication with a player who's being moved around the line up.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:24 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

I've been expecting AK46 to be traded during this year as soon as he puts up a little bit of production. But now this just seals his fate.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:25 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
His agent's advice is to "just play hockey"

Honestly, I think the biggest problem with the Russian players is their agents. They're greedy and they make their players seem cheep and greedy. How come we see Canadians, Americans, Swedes, Finns and everyone else sign discount contracts yet Russians always want the most they can get? It's not the players, it's their agents saying "Let me worry about the contract, you just keep doing what you're doing"
I think his agents' "just play hockey" remark was actually "Just shut up and play. Stop whining."

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:25 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Not disagreeing about that part that's for sure but he isn't the first euro to complain about being treated unfairly or not liking the staff.

Personally I think it was a ***** move of him to say all that regardless but I do think some of it was taken out of context/not translated properly, whatever you want to call it, these writers want readers.

I'm sure he didn't make the NHL due to being a smart guy, he made the NHL by being a good player. And while I like Andrei and JM I feel both sides have had their fault in this matter. Even with the language barrier it's simply unacceptable to not have good communication with a player who's being moved around the line up.
Carbo flashbacks!

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Bob Cole

Is there any chance at all this isnt his later year in Montreal? Hopefully he gets on a hot start then Gauthier ships him out of town.

Cant wait till hes gone, this guy has had so many chances its disgusting.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Carbo flashbacks!
I could not stand Carbo. I know a lot of people here loved him and it once again goes back to the whole "he's a Quebecois so I can't have an unbias opinion of him" rule. The guy changed the lines up more often than a Bangkok hooker spreads their legs. It was terrible for chemistry and when things weren't working he just panicked. The worst thing a coach can do imo is panic and react to a skid of bad games. You need to be level headed.

I couldn't stand the lines constantly being juggled it was ludicrous. What's sad is some people still wonder why he hasn't gotten an NHL job since.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:35 AM

I don't think he's off base to say JM didn't use him to his full potential...AK was one of the Habs better players early in the season and was inexplicably removed from his line.

Ak46 is a guy whose play, goes with his confidence...when he's confident, he looks like a legit 30-30 guy. When he's not, he can barely make a routine play.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
My issue is why these guys talk. They don't talk to the Montreal journalists about this stuff. I don't know why they think it will remain secret if they say it to somebody overseas.
Who says Andrei expected this to remain secret? Unless talking off the record, I'd expect that every player in the league would either expect (or not be surprised if) anything they talked about was published somewhere. The reason why this stuff gets said to overseas journalists instead of the Montreal media may well vary from player to player. In this case though, I'd take a guess that Andrei feels more comfortable talking to this journalist than he does to the bunch in Montreal. I've read comments from several of the media types in Montreal that they don't like talking to Andrei either because he doesn't open up to them much or can be difficult to hold a conversation with. They'd rather get the opinions of Subban or Gomez for example than take the time to try and get something from Andrei that ultimately they may not be able to use for whatever reason (eg/ his response isn't detailed enough, isn't interesting enough, doesn't fit the piece they are writing). As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if Andrei would much rather give such quotes to someone of a more similar cultural background, who can talk to him in his native tongue (if indeed this interviewer can, I'm assuming so based on his name and the fact it was carried out in Europe) and understand or be more willing to promote Andrei's views than the bunch in Montreal, some of whom jump on his back given any opportunity and who have publicly stated that they don't like talking to him.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:36 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
His career is all flashes.

He sounds like his lovers in this board who pretend that he's playing well when he plays like crap. Maybe that's the reason holding him back from being a star a not a mediocre version of what he could be.
This. I'm not a huge Martin fan and I'm fairly critical of management, but Andrei is a guy they've cut a ton of slack to in his close to 10 years with the organization. I'm surprised he's still with us considering how we've shipped away player after player for the same wishy-washy type seasons that Andrei is famous for.

Can't wait for this lazy donkey to hit the road. I find it funny he even thinks that he's deserving of top-line ice-time, it only further perpetuates his label as a dumb hockey player with little to no understanding of the game.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Obviously if he still dislikes Martin, and he's UFA, he will test the market.

Our hope is that he plays very well with Eller and convince him that he has a spot on this team, because he really does.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:42 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Martin thinks one type of psychology works for every human being. His job for the most part is to understand his players individually and deal with them. Martin is so "team minded", while it has a lot of upsides to manage a team this way, he clearly lacks flexibility when it comes to individually understanding a player. Yes, Ak his weak mentally, lacks confidence, needs more attention than Gionta. Big deal, it's the same way in real life and as far as I know the people who need more attention don't get throwned out the window and dont get punished for behaving this way.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:44 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

I can't dig up stuff because I'm somewhat computer challenged. But I remember Pacioretty complaining and it seemed the majority were in favor. Here a Euro complains and he has no right and is stupid.

Maybe I'm wrong about the majority being in favor of Pacioretty's criticisms.

IDK

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:45 AM
HabsIn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Well from pass experiences, players taking a stab at the coaches or the organization usely gets traded.
If this is true,I guess the day has come for him to move on and alls I care is that we get a great return for a change.

PS:Cue AK trade Proposal in 5,4,3,....
IT was nice of HFboards to make a Jacques Martin smiley.

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:46 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I can't dig up stuff because I'm somewhat computer challenged. But I remember Pacioretty complaining and it seemed the majority were in favor. Here a Euro complains and he has no right and is stupid.

Maybe I'm wrong about the majority being in favor of Pacioretty's criticisms.

IDK
No Patch said if he can't crack the top lines to send him down to the AHL so he can get his minutes for his development. Not the same thing.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:47 AM
SB164

SunGarrioch Bruce Garrioch
I'm going to take guess here: When asked about Andrei Kostitsyn's comments, Jacques Martin will answer: "It's all part of the process.

SunGarrioch Bruce Garrioch
Whether Jacques Martin says anything to the media or not he's still one of the best coaches in the NHL. Bar none.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
It was translated properly and Kostitsyn did say this to the journalist.

And the audio tape does exist lol.

Old
08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Cull909

Send a message via AIM to Cull909
same old same old. He'll leave as a FA or get dealt, and inevitably play better somewhere else with a team that manages its assets better and believes in communication.

We piss away talent on a grand scale.

Cull909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
icerocket

AK played like crap.

Maybe if he was actually consistent he would always be in the top 6. But he isn't.

Shut up and play AK.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
AK played like crap.

Maybe if he was actually consistent he would always be in the top 6. But he isn't.

Shut up and play AK.
Do you not remember how dominant AK/Plekanec/Cammalleri were, as a unit? They all clicked so well and consistenly put the puck in the net.

Last year, he came to play. The line had a few games that they weren't producing as much, and AK got the shaft and was sent down to the 3rd/4th line. He was tossed into the fire that was known as the second line, to help Gomez get his game on, and when that didn't work, he got the shaft again and was kept in the bottom 6.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Miller Time

Quote:

in this day and age, it seems lot's of people don't quite realize how what they say/do can and will be broadcast to the world (if a U.S congressman doesn't "get it" -weinergate- why would a foreign hockey player...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Who says Andrei expected this to remain secret? Unless talking off the record, I'd expect that every player in the league would either expect (or not be surprised if) anything they talked about was published somewhere. The reason why this stuff gets said to overseas journalists instead of the Montreal media may well vary from player to player. In this case though, I'd take a guess that Andrei feels more comfortable talking to this journalist than he does to the bunch in Montreal. I've read comments from several of the media types in Montreal that they don't like talking to Andrei either because he doesn't open up to them much or can be difficult to hold a conversation with. They'd rather get the opinions of Subban or Gomez for example than take the time to try and get something from Andrei that ultimately they may not be able to use for whatever reason (eg/ his response isn't detailed enough, isn't interesting enough, doesn't fit the piece they are writing). As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if Andrei would much rather give such quotes to someone of a more similar cultural background, who can talk to him in his native tongue (if indeed this interviewer can, I'm assuming so based on his name and the fact it was carried out in Europe) and understand or be more willing to promote Andrei's views than the bunch in Montreal, some of whom jump on his back given any opportunity and who have publicly stated that they don't like talking to him.
that would certainly make sense as to why he spoke out to a foreign journalist vs local media (feeling like he'll be treated/represented more accurately...)

also for a guy under contract he might feel as though expressing his concerns/problems via the media is the only way to get through to Martin (since apparently he doesn't feel as though he can talk to him) and/or set the stage for management to move him before the season starts...

i imagine Kost knows/feels as though his time in Montreal is almost up, and if he's astute, might even realize that the team probably has tried to trade him but hasn't b/c the offers weren't adequate... by turning it into a negative media thing, like past players, he might think he's helping the process along by lowering the habs ability/expectation to get a quality return.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Stradale

What's new in this article by the way? I think we all knew JM and AK did not have a good relationship, just like the little brother. At least, he's not lying when he says he went talking to JM to sort things out when it didn't go well for him.

He will probably be dealt before the season's over and it will only be good for him and hopefully for the team.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote