HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Comments to Alexander Vankovich

Old
08-11-2011, 12:00 PM
HabsIn7

vCash: 500
Gionta had an off year as well how much time did he spend on the 3rd line? Gomez had a terrible year the only thing that saved him was not having a viable option to replace him with. While Gionta and Kost aren't completely comparible I can see how the player may view himself as getting the shaft when things like this occur. It's easy for us to sit here and say shut up and play but lowering him to 3rd line duty could cost the guy millions in his next contract. There are always some players who will not fit into a coaches system I think this is what we are seeing out of Andrei more so than lack of ability or desire. His brother sure played much better outside the confines of the Martin system.

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

I'm glad our **** players are 20-goal scorers and not 7-goal scorers.

...Wait...

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Really seems like he'll be gone at the end of the year. I say trade him at the deadline, hopefully he produces until then.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:09 PM
OneSharpMarble

Another player who complains about the coach and is completly ignored because we have the "bestest coach in the world!"

Probably traded or allowed to walk for nothing and will reach his potential elsewhere. Same story different year.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Gauthier wont trade him . These comments are nothing . He's not happy with his playing time and he dont like his coach no big deal and it's nothing new AK said almost the same thing last year.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:23 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Another player who complains about the coach and is completly ignored because we have the "bestest coach in the world!"

Probably traded or allowed to walk for nothing and will reach his potential elsewhere. Same story different year.
Sure. You're right...AK has been treated badly by what? 3-4 coaches? F the team. Let's keep firing/hiring coaches until we find one that clicks with Andrei. 'Cause really, the Habs owe him so much.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:24 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
His agent's advice is to "just play hockey"

Honestly, I think the biggest problem with the Russian players is their agents. They're greedy and they make their players seem cheep and greedy. How come we see Canadians, Americans, Swedes, Finns and everyone else sign discount contracts yet Russians always want the most they can get? It's not the players, it's their agents saying "Let me worry about the contract, you just keep doing what you're doing"
Don Meehan is his agent so I don't think that's the issue here.

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i take it your of the "management/coaches can do no wrong camp"?
Throw all the crap that you want on management and Martin, but certainly not for Andrei Kostitsyn.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:28 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Gauthier wont trade him . These comments are nothing . He's not happy with his playing time and he dont like his coach no big deal and it's nothing new AK said almost the same thing last year.
So you tell us that andrei cry every year?

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:28 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Doesnt everyone remember when Kostitsyn started the season hot and when they asked Martin he said it was because it was Kostitsyn's contract year?

Tells you all you need to know about Martin.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:29 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Sure. You're right...AK has been treated badly by what? 3-4 coaches? F the team. Let's keep firing/hiring coaches until we find one that clicks with Andrei. 'Cause really, the Habs owe him so much.
You have convinced me, things are perfect right now. I sure hope gomez gets 20+ minutes a night all next season, that worked so well for us last season!

With the parade of all star coaches we have had anyone could have become a superstar. This guy obviously has no value or talent.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Throw all the crap that you want on management and Martin, but certainly not for Andrei Kostitsyn.
it's not about "throwing crap" at anyone, player or management/coach...

it's about trying to understand why the same situation keeps repeating itself so frequently. Individually, one could try to make a case to blame either management-coach or player in all of these situations, but that doesn't solve the problem as to why it happens so frequently with our franchise.

league-wide, i don't know if any team has had as many problems over the past few years over the same type of issue (young roster player feeling disgruntled with way team treats/communicates with them).

i follow the flames quite closely (living in Calgary), and even under Darryl Sutter (who is about the hardest type of individual to communicate with on the planet), you rarely saw these kinds of problems emerge.

there is a problem with the culture of the habs organization, and wether the blame lies more with certain players or with the leadership structure, ultimately it's up to the leadership structure to address the issue.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Do you not remember how dominant AK/Plekanec/Cammalleri were, as a unit? They all clicked so well and consistenly put the puck in the net.

Last year, he came to play. The line had a few games that they weren't producing as much, and AK got the shaft and was sent down to the 3rd/4th line. He was tossed into the fire that was known as the second line, to help Gomez get his game on, and when that didn't work, he got the shaft again and was kept in the bottom 6.
Poor AK.

FAct is AK has never lived up to his potential and plays well in stretches of 5-6 games and then pulls a where is waldo.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Poor AK.

FAct is AK has never lived up to his potential and plays well in stretches of 5-6 games and then pulls a where is waldo.
And yet the sheep all wanted kovalev re-signed and loved him while he was here. Funny how things work.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:40 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
And yet the sheep all wanted kovalev re-signed and loved him while he was here. Funny how things work.
Kovalev.

There is the problem with Habs fans v.2.0. The ones who know next to nothing about hockey and go to Habs games as an event.

Pull a couple of sweet moves, play some great games and become a god to some.

"Omg he lost his helmet and still played! He looked like Guy Lafleur!"

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Poor AK.

which is MUCH better than what we got from Gomez, and yet his ice-time/treatment from the coach never dwindled even a little...

no wonder Kost, and other young players, have felt so confused by the situation.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
So you tell us that andrei cry every year?
no I'm just not offended by these kind of comments and I think it's nothing.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Meh. I'm starting to wonder just how much these types of comments are "dressed up" by the newspapers. It's either that, or every single Russian that every passed through our organization got the shaft, and I find that harder to believe than a journalist stirring the pot to get more readers or website hits.
100% agree. We're talking about Russia here. Their journalistic standards are simply not on par with those of North America. It's a cliché to say it, but you simply can't believe everything you read. especially in this case.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Do you not remember how dominant AK/Plekanec/Cammalleri were, as a unit? They all clicked so well and consistenly put the puck in the net.

Last year, he came to play. The line had a few games that they weren't producing as much, and AK got the shaft and was sent down to the 3rd/4th line. He was tossed into the fire that was known as the second line, to help Gomez get his game on, and when that didn't work, he got the shaft again and was kept in the bottom 6.
Don't even bother man. When you're arguing against people who have prejudice bias against the guy and also favor other people based on nationality it's a losing battle. Half of them can't even admit it to themselves so why would you expect them to admit to you that it isn't all 100% Andrei's fault?

People hate the guy cause he's a Euro. If he isn't Zetterberg then he's just a scrub who never tries hard etc.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Poor AK.

Good old cliche again. Can you use facts instead of these cliche?

Please tell me, before last season starts, what did you expect from AK? If you tell me AK would get 20-25-45 pts by playing on every lines, I'd be happy.

Stop thinking AK is a 30-35 goals scorer and life will be more beautiful for you.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
It was translated properly and Kostitsyn did say this to the journalist.

And the audio tape does exist lol.
I'm sure we have plenty of people who speak Russian just lining up around the block to attest to the fact that it's word for word

Either way I'm not the only one to think it's just the media possibly dressing it up to get readers. Plus lets face it the guy who interviewed them was looking for any dirt he could find. This was much worse than the Montreal media questions and that's saying a lot.

"Why were you so inconsistent last season?" = basically what he was responding to. I'd be quite annoyed even answering that question and the entire undertone of the interview is that Andrei is annoyed with this guy and thinks he's an idiot. Would not be at all surprised to hear that Sergei put Andrei up to this in the first place. Like I said Andrei got into the NHL for being a good hockey player, never denied he could comparable to the IQ of a brick. To me it was Andrei deflecting what seemed kind of like an attack on the way he played. Excuses for sure when a mature person wouldn't make them but it isn't like he was like "What areas of your game do you feel you need to improve on" and Andrei responds "The part of my game that gets JM fired"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Good old cliche again. Can you use facts instead of these cliche?

Please tell me, before last season starts, what did you expect from AK? If you tell me AK would get 20-25-45 pts by playing on every lines, I'd be happy.

Stop thinking AK is a 30-35 goals scorer and life will be more beautiful for you.
In his defense if Andrei goes to an offensive minded team he will score 30 maybe 35 if healthy.

The real deal is to stop expecting a defensive minded team to put up high offensive numbers. Andrei is a part of that team. You like offense? Go watch San Jose or something. This is a team focused on the W column by playing a rock solid defensive game. They want to win the cup not have somebody win the scoring title.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
FlyingRat

This is way overblown. He said the same thing to the Montreal media during last season, that he plays better when he gets more icetime.

Good for him for speaking out.

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
LyricalLyricist

I want AK to stay. JM gotta let him know he's now on supporting cast with potential to play top line minutes. AK's concern is it's his contract UFA year so you gotta let the guy know he has a place on this team and he'll feel more secure.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:57 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 755
This isn't nothing new actually... Aren't we all used to this? I mean, the list is pretty long of youngsters failing to reach their potential in Montreal or having attitude issues. What's going on? Ribs, Lats, SK74, Grabovski, O'Byrne just to name a few. Now AK46 is acting up again. Weird no?

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:59 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Don't worry if he's Canadian he'll be able to be a downgrade and still not get **** on like Andrei has been.

If he's Quebecois he'll be considered our next future 80pt guy even if he's been a career 40pt guy who doesn't hit, lacks size, has less drive than Andrei etc. Because in Montreal if you're a Euro player you suck unless you put up 80pt carrying your team throw hits and never quit.

Every mistake a euro makes is "lazy scrub" but if a non-Euro does the same thing it's "not his fault" or "insert other excuse".
That's right, everyone is a racist except from you. And hockey fans are all very dumb people who can't see the difference between a player who gives his 100% every night and every shift, and another one who doesn't care most of the time, NO MATTER what his ethnic background his. It must feel weird being the only intelligent fan in Montreal, isn't it?

Andrei Markov, Alex Kovalev, Saku Koivu, Mats Naslund, etc. These players have been worshipped in Montreal, but hey, we're all a bunch of racists because we think Kostitsyn doesn't give a steady effort.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote