HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver-Carolina Talks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-11-2011, 12:32 PM
  #51
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 33,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
We get it.

Carolina won a cup.

Vancouver hasnt.

This reminds me of the movie '8mile' - to quote B-Rabbit - "tell these mother****ers something the dont know about me(us).

Its fun kicking a horse when they are down isnt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
Gotta love Canes fans posting pictures from 5 years ago to make a point about now. Not only that but you guys got to shoot against Jussi Markkanen, not the guy who had the best season a goalie has EVER had...

IMO Roloson doesn't get hurt, Canes don't win the cup.
The phrase "don't dish it out if you can't take it" applies.

Have a chat with your boy y2kcanucks who shows up in every thread to remind us that Luongo is "much" better than our own star goalie.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:33 PM
  #52
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 18,064
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Teams make pretty awful trading partners. Carolina doesn't exactly have any position they can consider a strength. Vancouver lost some defensive depth already with Ehrhoff leaving and its not like Vancouver is pushing up against the cap and need relief.

The only trade that might make a bit of sense is Ballard for someone, but I can't see anyone who the canes are able to part with who Vancouver could actually use at this point. If they were willing to trade Ruutu, but that would leave them almost embarrassingly thin after trading staal.

TehDoak is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
  #53
Thepainter
Registered User
 
Thepainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinsky View Post
That's not Ward holding the Cup. It's the great Chad LaRose.

Roloson blew a 3-0 lead in Game 1 and the score was 4-4 when he got hurt. The Oilers scored a stunning two goals combined in the three games they lost with Markannen in net (which had nothing to do with Cam Ward, I presume).
Pretty much this. Roloson getting hurt has been the crutch for Oiler fans ever since... I forgot how Roloson also was their leading scorer.

Thepainter is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:35 PM
  #54
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
Why do so many people seem to think LaRose can't score 35 points on a line with the Sedins?
I dont think people are discounting his ability to put up 35 points with the Sedins, its trading him for Ryan Kesler that you are getting arguments on.

LaRose is a good 2nd/3rd line tweener, something the Canucks are already overloaded with.

Cant think of anything I would give up on the current roster to add LaRose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippersnapper View Post
Chad Larose would be a fantastic addition to round out our top 6, but I don't think I'd move Kesler for him. Burrows I could probably part with.
You would trade Burrows for Larose?

I highly doubt even the Canucks haters would think a deal like that makes sense.

Burrows may be 'overrated', but he is under paid for what he does. In Vancouver he "works" why deal him for a guy who may or may not "work".

arsmaster is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:37 PM
  #55
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
In before "Ballard for Ruutu."


I don't see Ballard being needed by Carolina, since they already have a plethora of defenders that play a similar style.

And doesn't Carolina need Ruutu a bit more now that Cole is gone? Or will an impact kid replace him?

I'm assuming Ruutu wants an even bigger deal than Cole when he's a UFA, hence the potential for movement there. But that's just an assumption.


Meanwhile, the Canucks may miss Ballard now that Ehrhoff is gone. Can't rely on Salo for a full season these days. (or ever)

Eklund is always vague, but sometimes he nails it. In the meantime, another Canadian hockey market gets something to blabber about during the dog days of summer.
How do you get "star player" out of Keith Balllard????????????????

birddog* is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:39 PM
  #56
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I dont think people are discounting his ability to put up 35 points with the Sedins, its trading him for Ryan Kesler that you are getting arguments on.

LaRose is a good 2nd/3rd line tweener, something the Canucks are already overloaded with.

Cant think of anything I would give up on the current roster to add LaRose.


You would trade Burrows for Larose?

I highly doubt even the Canucks haters would think a deal like that makes sense.

Burrows may be 'overrated', but he is under paid for what he does. In Vancouver he "works" why deal him for a guy who may or may not "work".
That's nice and all, but the Hurricanes would never part with a franchise player like Chad for nothing less than a vast overpayment.

“Chad has been one of my favorite players right through his entire Compuware career, and it is my hope that he is a lifelong player with the organization,” said Rutherford. “His work ethic and locker room presence drive our team, whether it’s a game or a practice, and he excels in his role on the ice for the Hurricanes. Luongo is overrated.”

"He's one of those guys that everybody likes to play with," Coach Paul Maurice said. "He's excited about playing. He's going to go work his butt off, so he's going to make you look good. He gives you chances to score. He's going to compete and say a few funny things on the bench. ... As we're moving the lines around, 'Guys, you're playing with Chad today,' (the reaction is), 'All right, I'm playing with Chad today - that's a good thing."'

impeach estaalo is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:40 PM
  #57
TrueGrit
Registered User
 
TrueGrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippersnapper View Post
Chad Larose would be a fantastic addition to round out our top 6, but I don't think I'd move Kesler for him. Burrows I could probably part with.
Top 6?


I swear every Canucks fan that has posted in here is half retarded. Good work Canes fans, with very little effort you have brought to light this fact.

TrueGrit is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:40 PM
  #58
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,072
vCash: 500
Sutter for Ballard and Schroeder.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
  #59
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,790
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
How do you get "star player" out of Keith Balllard????????????????
How do you get "star player" out of Tuomo Ruutu????????????????????

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:43 PM
  #60
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
How do you get "star player" out of Keith Balllard????????????????
How do you get star player out of anyone on Carolina not named Staal, Ward or Skinner?

arsmaster is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
  #61
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 33,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGrit View Post
Top 6?


I swear every Canucks fan that has posted in here is half retarded. Good work Canes fans, with very little effort you have brought to light this fact.
Chad LaRose is a solid top-6 player. He has been on a line with Eric Staal since I don't know when. And his compete level is through the roof.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
  #62
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinsky View Post

Roloson blew a 3-0 lead in Game 1 and the score was 4-4 when he got hurt. The Oilers scored a stunning two goals combined in the three games they lost with Markannen in net (which had nothing to do with Cam Ward, I presume).
And Conklin came in and gave you the GWG in game 1.....




Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
The phrase "don't dish it out if you can't take it" applies.

Have a chat with your boy y2kcanucks who shows up in every thread to remind us that Luongo is "much" better than our own star goalie.
In your star goalie's first full season he couldn't even bring the team back to the playoffs... 1st team EVER to win a cup & not even make the dance the next year.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:45 PM
  #63
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
How do you get star player out of anyone on Carolina not named Staal, Ward or Skinner?
Apparently you missed the picture of Chad hoisting the Cup.

impeach estaalo is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:45 PM
  #64
Saving Greiss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Saving Greiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
In your Ward's first full season he couldn't even bring the team back to the playoffs... 1st team EVER to win a cup & not even make the dance the next year.
Key part of your statement...

Saving Greiss is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
  #65
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
How do you get star player out of anyone on Carolina not named Staal, Ward or Skinner?
Yep..and on Vancouver it's only Sedin(s), Kesler and Luongo.

Boom Boom Anton is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
  #66
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
In your Ward's first full season he couldn't even bring the team back to the playoffs...
You are correct. Ward was garbage that year. What does that have to do with now? Notice that he had a .897sv% that year and a .923SV% this past year.

Quote:
1st team EVER to win a cup & not even make the dance the next year.
The '95 Devils did it too.

impeach estaalo is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
  #67
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 33,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
In your star goalie's first full season he couldn't even bring the team back to the playoffs... 1st team EVER to win a cup & not even make the dance the next year.
Yeah, you might want to research that "fact" a little deeper bud. That was the seventh time it has happened.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:51 PM
  #68
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
Yep..and on Vancouver it's only Sedin(s), Kesler and Luongo.
They are paying Kevin Bieksa $7M this season, so I assume he's a star player too...

impeach estaalo is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:52 PM
  #69
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,290
vCash: 500
I don't know what's funnier. The outrage over the LaRose comment or the bitterness over the Cup pictures.

I mean, if it was just Pauser, I could understand, since apparently his world view is solidly set on every statement he makes being infallible, but the rest of you falling for that?

For shame...

Blueline Bomber is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM
  #70
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoarDefense View Post
Key part of your statement...
That funny because whenever the Canucks do bad its always pegged on Luongo....


& you guys are right about the 1st team to not make it back.... it was the first time that BOTH teams didn't make it back. My bad

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:56 PM
  #71
CrackerJibbs
Registered User
 
CrackerJibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
Sarcasm people. It's sarcasm.

CrackerJibbs is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:57 PM
  #72
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 33,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJibbs View Post
Sarcasm people. It's sarcasm.
Ssshhhhhh, they're on a roll.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:58 PM
  #73
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
In your star goalie's first full season he couldn't even bring the team back to the playoffs... 1st team EVER to win a cup & not even make the dance the next year.
So it's better that your star goalie never even played in the playoffs for the first 6 years he was in the league?

Not very relevant to today..is it?

Boom Boom Anton is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:59 PM
  #74
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
I don't know what's funnier. The outrage over the LaRose comment or the bitterness over the Cup pictures.

I mean, if it was just Pauser, I could understand, since apparently his world view is solidly set on every statement he makes being infallible, but the rest of you falling for that?

For shame...
you try having 29 other fan bases constantly remind you that you lost this year & haven't won a cup... see how long it takes you to get on edge.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 12:59 PM
  #75
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,760
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Teams make pretty awful trading partners. Carolina doesn't exactly have any position they can consider a strength. Vancouver lost some defensive depth already with Ehrhoff leaving and its not like Vancouver is pushing up against the cap and need relief.

The only trade that might make a bit of sense is Ballard for someone, but I can't see anyone who the canes are able to part with who Vancouver could actually use at this point. If they were willing to trade Ruutu, but that would leave them almost embarrassingly thin after trading staal.
Eh, we have a ton of pretty good PMD prospects. But it's highly unlikely that the Canucks would give anything good for Sanguinetti when his value is at just about an all-time low. And it's even less likely that the Canes trade McBain, Faulk, or Murphy. The rest are at least 2-3 years off so not worth considering.

Not that the Canucks couldn't use it, but they wouldn't be giving up anything the Canes want in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
In your star goalie's first full season he couldn't even bring the team back to the playoffs... 1st team EVER to win a cup & not even make the dance the next year.

DaveG is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.