HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Comments to Alexander Vankovich

Old
08-11-2011, 01:27 PM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouHab View Post
Arpon Basu showing on his twitter feed that Andrei Kostitsyn made some comments to Sports-Express, Russia's sports daily news, about his season last year. To summarize, Andrei does not have a good relationship with Martin, he blames Martin for his season last year by saying that he was playing well but being put on the 3rd/4th lines, and that he had tried to talk to Martin more than once, but Martin "just doesn't care."

I do not have a link, but check out @SlavaMalamud on twitter for exact comments. Arpon also has link to Slava twitter feed on his own account, @ArponBasu.
If true, expect AK to be traded this year as there's no way he'll resign next year unless he lights up the 3rd line and we're in for a serious cup run. I'd still expect them to dangle him if they can upgrade.

I know he has a bad rep with a lot of people but by the numbers he's pretty solid player. Just you always expect soo much more from him because of his talent!

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Andy

I guess this story makes it hard for the people who dislike both Andrei and Martin...they actually have to pick a side...or they can just bash both wtv.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Not a dumb statement at all. Andrei is lazy. Kovalev is lazy. jagr is lazy..........

There are a lot of athletes that are gifted. Born with a talent way beyond other professional athletes. Problem is they are lazy. Therefore they are often out shined by lesser talent that is not Lazy.

Andrei is a very talented hockey player, no question, but he is clearly lazy. Just going through the motions at times. When Andrei drags his ass, I don't blame Martin for not putting him on the ice.

You would think after 7-8 years in North America Andrei could speak english, but he can barely do that, because he is so friggin Lazy.
Outside of his Washington days, do you think Jagr could have scored more? Because that's what you're implying. My opinion: not a chance. Jagr wasn't lazy, he had his fault, but every game you knew he was going to be dangerous. He didn't start out as the best offensive player in the league either, rather, he worked his way up to that point. Nothing at all like Andrei.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I guess this story makes it hard for the people who dislike both Andrei and Martin...they actually have to pick a side...or they can just bash both wtv.
Bias is usually what makes people jump to conclusions.

I'm not surprised by who is jumping to conclusions though. Fits the bill.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Flylotus

I presume some of you guys are coaches or have been at different levels. If so, you guys know how hard it is to keep everyone happy at all times with the use we make of them.

There is always going to be these kind of stories, wether we hear about it or not. In this case, it's getting out of proportions because... well because it's the NHL and it's Montreal.

Nonetheless, concerning Andrei, his numbers and his line-changing over the course of last season, we should remember that there is a lot of things we don't know, such as his attitude towards his linemates, the rest of the team, the coaching staff, his will to work, his ability to accept criticism, his recognition of what could be the problems with his play, since there are obvious problems with his play even though he's talented. All these factors can weigh a lot in a staff decision to move him to the 3rd line and not another player who has similar numbers or less.

Also, I'd like to point out that in teams sports, as a fellow player and as a coach, I hate with my guts players that tend to think it's all about them. I know it happens a lot in professional sports, but we seldom see it as much on successful teams where the collective is more important than one's satisfaction with its personal use. This is exactly why a coach is needed, and nobody seems to disagree on this.

Flylotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:39 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nilan View Post
Outside of his Washington days, do you think Jagr could have scored more? Because that's what you're implying. My opinion: not a chance. Jagr wasn't lazy, he had his fault, but every game you knew he was going to be dangerous. He didn't start out as the best offensive player in the league either, rather, he worked his way up to that point. Nothing at all like Andrei.
Not comparing the players. Just a showcase of extreme talent combined with a lazy attitude. IMHO, Jagr was guilty of laziness at times. That's all.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Little Nilan

Quote:
Not comparing the players. Just a showcase of extreme talent combined with a lazy attitude. IMHO, Jagr was guilty of laziness at times. That's all.
Really, really bad example imo.

Old
08-11-2011, 01:45 PM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Is anyone else just sick and tired of this Kostitsyn business? Every season with baited breath, every season some good games... Who cares anymore, he got outplayed by Pacioretty ffs.

Package him and get a good centreman in return. I'm sick of this charade.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:51 PM
haburger

i agree .i m tired of his crap.the guy jus doesnt have a winning attitude . he's gotta go. good luck andrei.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nilan View Post
Really, really bad example imo.

In your eyes

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Guy Germaine

AK for P. Hornqvist straight up.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:16 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Germaine View Post
AK for P. Hornqvist straight up.
No. AK+ for Boedker.

Hornqvist is as strong as my little sister. Boedker on the other hand plays the same style as AK when he is on.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Little Nilan

Quote:
In your eyes
Yes, hence the "in my opinion".

So you think Jagr's career totals could've been higher in a significant way?

The man was a 5th overall pick, not the first Czech chosen in that draft, who didn't break 70 points until his 3rd year, on the Pittsburgh Penguins. He broke 100 for the first time in 96 (though would've done it in 95). He developped his talent.

Here's the guy who you think was prone to lazyness:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=2497

lol is all I can say. I think the only time I ever saw him really go through the motions was with Washington. I like to think that's a very small part of his career. Were this guy Canadian, no one would even dare mention he was lazy.

Old
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Trade Him Before Training Camp ....YES!

I for one am absolutely THRILLED!!!!

AK was a headcase from the beginning and my thoughts on him are well documented...right Stradale?

Imagine that AK... you got move down from the top 6 because you were inconsistent and now it's the coaches fault?

I was hoping his play would get him a ticket out of town, I didn't realize his mouth would do it first.

So look at the scenerio at training camp.

IF AK doesn't make the top 6 and history says that his own inconsistent play PLUS the acquistion of Cole makes that a distinct possibilty, then AK will sulk and wine (remember head case) about playing on the 3rd line with Eller even though he actually played better with Eller.

So why would PG even allow this to happen, trade him for a 20-25 goal scorer with some grit and be done with it, at this point even a sideways trade would leave the Habs on top! You get rid of a hockey play who has to be told by his agent to play hockey!

Thanks you AK for making my day, I'll be happy to drive you to the airport anytime!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

AK was a headcase from the beginning and my thoughts on him are well documented...right Stradale?

Imagine that AK... you got move down from the top 6 because you were inconsistent and now it's the coaches fault?

I was hoping his play would get him a ticket out of town, I didn't realize his mouth would do it first.

IF AK doesn't make the top 6 and history says that his own inconsistent play PLUS the acquistion of Cole makes that a distinct possibilty, then AK will sulk and wine (remember head case) about playing on the 3rd line with Eller even though he actually played better with Eller.

So why would PG even allow this to happen, trade him for a 20-25 goal scorer with some grit and be done with it, at this point even a sideways trade would leave the Habs on top! You get rid of a hockey play who has to be told by his agent to play hockey!

Thanks you AK for making my day, I'll be happy to drive you to the airport anytime!
So trade AK for another AK? Seems like a great idea! Just keep AK and be done with it.

Old
08-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Perrah

Quote:

I dont know why people are so quick to get rid of him. Even as a ****** player as people call him he puts up close to 50 points. Last year he was great to start the year and then got sucked into the black hole that was gomez. ( Not the only player to be ruined by the black hole either.) He is ideal to play with Eller on the third as shown by there play together last year.

EDIT: the real concerning part is how he says he tried to talk to Martin and couldnt imo, it seems rather ridiculous if true to not give a player answer if he asks.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:27 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I can't dig up stuff because I'm somewhat computer challenged. But I remember Pacioretty complaining and it seemed the majority were in favor. Here a Euro complains and he has no right and is stupid.

Maybe I'm wrong about the majority being in favor of Pacioretty's criticisms.

IDK
Big difference in the messages between MaxPac and AK.

Max essentially said that he feels he developing better in the AHL under Cunnyworth and the coaching staff and he thought for his own personal development it would be better to spend the season in the AHL playing quality minutes on the top line rather than 4th line minutes in the NHL.

Compare that to AK who basically said ,I don't care for the coach, it's his fault I was put on the 3rd line, but I need to play this season because my agent told me I had too.

You really think that is the same?

Old
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
No. AK+ for Boedker.

Hornqvist is as strong as my little sister. Boedker on the other hand plays the same style as AK when he is on.
Are you sure you're not mixing up your players? Hornqvist scores practically all his goals 2 inches away from the goalie, he constantly gets compared to a "Tomas Holmstrom lite". Boedker on the other hand is soft as butter.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:29 PM
ROEN
HabsHQ

I'm writing a piece on this right now

I know from a direct standpoint that due to the fact Markov was out for most of the year, Andrei found himself in a difficult situation when it came to the locker room. His brother left last year, Kovalev the year before, it was easy to see the '' enclave '' mentality this kid was adopting.

Andrei has always had a bit of a Nouvea-Russe mentality in the way he deals with hockey related matters, the old mentality was very coach oriented and players from the soviet block would usually be very moldable due to the coaching staffs being incredibly severe.

The new mentality has players adopt a more '' lone ranger '' attitude, they consider themselves artists and have that temperment too.

What Andrei doesn't get is that Martin isn't the problem, HECK Barry Trotz wasn't the problem in Nashville when Radulov left, but go figure, a guy like Radulov shines with an iron-fisted Patrick Roy.

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:30 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
I dont know why people are so quick to get rid of him. Even as a ****** player as people call him he puts up close to 50 points. Last year he was great to start the year and then got sucked into the black hole that was gomez. ( Not the only player to be ruined by the black hole either.) He is ideal to play with Eller on the third as shown by there play together last year.
Okay... so he said he wasn't happy on bottom 6 last year, so what makes you think he'll make an attitude adjustment now, especially since he's already said he doesn't get along with Martin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
So trade AK for another AK? Seems like a great idea! Just keep AK and be done with it.
Where in my post does it say trade AK for another AK...?

He's not that hard to replace, his release is off the charts, but so is his Hockey IQ, unfortunately it's off the charts in teh other direction!

Last edited by Habsfan18: 08-11-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: merged posts
Old
08-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Haddock

You're all racist.

RACIST

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
You're all racist.

RACIST

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalala
Dupont et Dupont are named Johnson and Johnson in English.

Now that's racist...

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:37 PM
FF de Mars

I like AK, but he still hasn't put it toghether and is a UFA next year. I don't know if it's lack of hockey sense or that he hasn't bloomed yet, but I don't agree with people saying he lacks of efforts. For one thing, he needs a playmaker to carry the puck for him. Maybe that's been his problem, because he had his best season when Kovalev effectivly did that. No knock on Plekanec, but Cole is better fitted for him than Kostitsyn, as Pleks is not a pure playmaker, and AK is a pure sniper.

I'm wondering what we could get from Nashville if we allowed them to talk with him to sign an extention. Since the SK situation panned out for them, they might be interested in risking it with AK. They are trying to win now. Then, with the cap space we would have, and the assets we would get, we could try to trade for an expensive UFA.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:48 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Are you sure you're not mixing up your players? Hornqvist scores practically all his goals 2 inches away from the goalie, he constantly gets compared to a "Tomas Holmstrom lite". Boedker on the other hand is soft as butter.
Hornqvist has 86 hits in 79 games while Boedker has 42hits in 34 games.

Boedker might be a little inconsistent right now, but he is 21 and Hornqvist is 24.

Perhaps I went a little far by saying Hornvist is soft but he sure is more than Boedker and AK.

Quote:
Where in my post does it say trade AK for another AK...?
Quote:

There it is.

Old
08-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Dupont et Dupont are named Johnson and Johnson in English.

Now that's racist...
Thomson and Thompson actually. You're thinking of baby oil again.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote