HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[THE INSTIGATOR] Open letter to Geoff Molson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2011, 09:54 AM
  #51
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I think you're right. I think it's not just about winning the cup anymore like it is for most players. It's about winning the cup here.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:22 PM
  #52
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Palushaj and Weber for me.
Weber might not be considered a dark horse, but I fully expect him to prove himself. Personally, I have no doubt he's ready for full time nhl action.
I didn't put Weber (or Desharnais, or White) because they signed one-way contracts. In my opinion, they're pretty much guaranteed a spot unless they really stick at camp.

As for Avtsin, I highly doubt he stays. He wasn't given a big role under Conneyworth last year (until Desharnais got called up) and he needs to do what MaxPac did, dominate at the AHL level for his confidence.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:07 AM
  #53
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500


A week after Alex Kovalev took a run at Clouston and the Ottawa reporters, Andrei Kostitsyn followed suit with troubling comments against the Canadiens and most particularly his coach Jacques Martin.

In an interview with Alexander Vankovich of Goals.by, a Belarusian media, with his brother Sergei, Andrei came out with some rather shocking comments about his relationship with the Canadiens. Shocking not as much that what he said was true or not, but rather that he’d come out and state them publically. The reporter asked him some personal questions to which he refused to answer.

To the question about how they felt facing each other for the first time in a game between Nashville and Montreal, Sergei said that there was no particular emotion. Andrei replied: “That’s your most interesting question? How to play against your brother?”

Read more: Andrei Kostitsyn pulls a Kovalev

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:51 PM
  #54
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,324
vCash: 500
Looks like AKost needs to get traded

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:05 PM
  #55
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
I don't like Jacques Martin, no doubt, and I'm not a fan of Kostitsyn, so it's hard for me to take sides here.

But for what it's worth, Kostitsyn isn't far off in what he's saying. He was having a good start to the season last year, which even made me write a blog about him. I don't know why he was taken off the top 6 at that time.

But having said that, I strongly feel like he shouldn't have come out to say what he said in the media. In the article in question, he refused to speak about his family. He could have just as well rebuffed the question instead of going where he went. Do they think that those comments can't travel overseas?

But this time, it will be interesting to say the least to see how the Martin/Gauthier duo reacts as we're not talking about Kovalev (in 2007) vs Carbo/Gainey here...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:24 PM
  #56
Cupmonger
Registered User
 
Cupmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 3,315
vCash: 500
I'm not a fan of JM. I like his system, just not how he manages the players. And what AK says, isn't far off of what I thought JM does. I can respect the fact that the coach absolutely wants his players to play his system and by his way, as long as it makes us win more than we lose. But I can't stand the fact how he treats vets, semi-vets and rookies on totally different levels. I can accept being more patient with vets and more strict with rookies. But you also, imo, have to be able to show some patience in regards to rookies and be more severe towards vets in some occasions, which he hasn't done once since he's been coach. I can see why JM was severe with AK at times. Seeing his stats last season, he's had some nasty droughts. But can those long droughts be caused by putting him on 3rd/4th lines? AK has some scoring edge. We do know that he tends to go on long droughts and then make big comebacks. If the next season, he's continuously put on those lines again, he'll be gone (probably reunited with his brother, seeing how he's playing well for his current team).

Anyways, I don't make this article a huge deal. He states that he wants to make things right with JM in order to help the team. He clearly only has issues with the coach and not the team/organization like his brother had. Going out publicly about his coach not wanting to talk to him, puts JM in the hot seat imo. I'm not a huge an of AK, nor do I dislike him, but i feel he could become more, even if just a little. And seeing him go because of the coach not trying to work things out kind of sucks.

Cupmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:42 PM
  #57
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I'm not a fan of JM. I like his system, just not how he manages the players. And what AK says, isn't far off of what I thought JM does. I can respect the fact that the coach absolutely wants his players to play his system and by his way, as long as it makes us win more than we lose. But I can't stand the fact how he treats vets, semi-vets and rookies on totally different levels. I can accept being more patient with vets and more strict with rookies. But you also, imo, have to be able to show some patience in regards to rookies and be more severe towards vets in some occasions, which he hasn't done once since he's been coach. I can see why JM was severe with AK at times. Seeing his stats last season, he's had some nasty droughts. But can those long droughts be caused by putting him on 3rd/4th lines? AK has some scoring edge. We do know that he tends to go on long droughts and then make big comebacks. If the next season, he's continuously put on those lines again, he'll be gone (probably reunited with his brother, seeing how he's playing well for his current team).

Anyways, I don't make this article a huge deal. He states that he wants to make things right with JM in order to help the team. He clearly only has issues with the coach and not the team/organization like his brother had. Going out publicly about his coach not wanting to talk to him, puts JM in the hot seat imo. I'm not a huge an of AK, nor do I dislike him, but i feel he could become more, even if just a little. And seeing him go because of the coach not trying to work things out kind of sucks.
Good comment. How do you think Gauthier handles this one? What is Jacques Martin's reaction reading this today?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:43 PM
  #58
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I don't like Jacques Martin, no doubt, and I'm not a fan of Kostitsyn, so it's hard for me to take sides here.

But for what it's worth, Kostitsyn isn't far off in what he's saying. He was having a good start to the season last year, which even made me write a blog about him. I don't know why he was taken off the top 6 at that time.

But having said that, I strongly feel like he shouldn't have come out to say what he said in the media. In the article in question, he refused to speak about his family. He could have just as well rebuffed the question instead of going where he went. Do they think that those comments can't travel overseas?

But this time, it will be interesting to say the least to see how the Martin/Gauthier duo reacts as we're not talking about Kovalev (in 2007) vs Carbo/Gainey here...
Here's a newsflash for you, journalists misquote players all the time.

Try to find any kind of logic in AK saying those things... It won't advance him with the Habs, and it will make him less attractive to other teams when he becomes a free agent, because most teams don't like players who mouth off their discontent to journalists.

Also, nobody here seems to have caught on to the idea that far-east journalists will bait any Russian NHL player, so that they might just quit the NHL and move on to the KHL, because everything in that article seems to be meant to put AK in bad terms with not only the Habs, but with the rest of the league for the reasons I said before.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:49 PM
  #59
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Here's a newsflash for you, journalists misquote players all the time.

Try to find any kind of logic in AK saying those things... It won't advance him with the Habs, and it will make him less attractive to other teams when he becomes a free agent, because most teams don't like players who mouth off their discontent to journalists.
Sorry, I don't buy it. Just like Kovalev didn't bash Carbonneau in 2007, right? I guess he must have been "mis-quoted" last week when he came out against Clouston and the Ottawa media, right?

JF Chaumont of radio-canada did what a true pro would do: he called Alexander Vankovich and asked questions, verified the story. Guess what? It's true.

Also, in the original article, you see the reporter with Sergei and Andrei.




So we can chose to deal with the problem (coach or player), or we can put our head in the sand, play ostrich and pretend it never happened, because it suits us.

In the mean time, I'll sit back and see how current management reacts.


Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:50 PM
  #60
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Here's a newsflash for you, journalists misquote players all the time.

Try to find any kind of logic in AK saying those things... It won't advance him with the Habs, and it will make him less attractive to other teams when he becomes a free agent, because most teams don't like players who mouth off their discontent to journalists.

Also, nobody here seems to have caught on to the idea that far-east journalists will bait any Russian NHL player, so that they might just quit the NHL and move on to the KHL, because everything in that article seems to be meant to put AK in bad terms with not only the Habs, but with the rest of the league for the reasons I said before.
Pretty much. Like I said in the other thread it isn't like we have Russian posters lining up around the block to do a full proper translation of the audio. We're going based off babelfish. The entire undertone of the article was that AK was annoyed with this journalist and his stupid questions.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:55 PM
  #61
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Sorry, I don't buy it. Just like Kovalev didn't bash Carbonneau in 2007, right? I guess he must have been "mis-quoted" last week when he came out against Clouston and the Ottawa media, right?

JF Chaumont of radio-canada did what a true pro would do: he called Alexander Vankovich and asked questions, verified the story. Guess what? It's true.

Also, in the original article, you see the reporter with Sergei and Andrei.




So we can chose to deal with the problem (coach or player), or we can put our head in the sand, play ostrich and pretend it never happened, because it suits us.

In the mean time, I'll sit back and see how current management reacts.

Yeah, because Andrei Kostitsyn is really Alexei Kovalev, and anything one says, the other follows...

And, yeah Chaumont is an expert in Russian, and Vankovich was actually the one making an interview, so the translation of everything is bang on.....

Don't choke on your bias.

You do understand that Russian journalists would highly prefer their countryman to be playing in the KHL, right...

Seems a lot more logical.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:58 PM
  #62
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I'm not going to get into the whole conspiracy behind it just saying the undertone of the article made it seem like Andrei was annoyed and just wanted the guy to shut the **** up. Maybe it was Sergei's idea to go see this dude

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:58 PM
  #63
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Pretty much. Like I said in the other thread it isn't like we have Russian posters lining up around the block to do a full proper translation of the audio. We're going based off babelfish. The entire undertone of the article was that AK was annoyed with this journalist and his stupid questions.
No no no. Don't say this. People need to vent off on their usual targets. Any sound reasoning is futile.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
  #64
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Is it me or Sergei beef up quite a bit? He almost look bigger than his bro.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
  #65
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'm not going to get into the whole conspiracy behind it just saying the undertone of the article made it seem like Andrei was annoyed and just wanted the guy to shut the **** up. Maybe it was Sergei's idea to go see this dude
What conspiracy?

I'm only talking about the mindset of Russian journalists. Their articles are ALWAYS tainted with remarks of such and such player would look great in the KHL. It's just one step further that some would resort to individually deciding to mustar some good ol' yellow journalism.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
  #66
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!
 
didouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,825
vCash: 500
just surprised SK didn't say anything bad!!!!

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:21 PM
  #67
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
What conspiracy?

I'm only talking about the mindset of Russian journalists. Their articles are ALWAYS tainted with remarks of such and such player would look great in the KHL. It's just one step further that some would resort to individually deciding to mustar some good ol' yellow journalism.
Wasn't referring to the mind set that they're ****** bags who make players look bad. Rather that the underlying reasoning is to try and get these players to defect back to Russia. And I only said it in a joking way I didn't mean for it to be taken seriously I meant it in a very light use of the word, totally joking.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:58 PM
  #68
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,489
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Is it me or Sergei beef up quite a bit? He almost look bigger than his bro.
That was my first impression as well but he also looks taller from one angle.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:06 PM
  #69
shiram
Registered User
 
shiram's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Habstown
Country: Canada
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
AK wears jorts, that's it, he needs to be traded!

shiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:07 PM
  #70
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,597
vCash: 50
It's already being discussed in another thread...

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:46 PM
  #71
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
It's already being discussed in another thread...
It is permitted here, as this thread's focus is on Habsterix's blog.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 06:06 PM
  #72
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yeah, because Andrei Kostitsyn is really Alexei Kovalev, and anything one says, the other follows...

And, yeah Chaumont is an expert in Russian, and Vankovich was actually the one making an interview, so the translation of everything is bang on.....

Don't choke on your bias.

You do understand that Russian journalists would highly prefer their countryman to be playing in the KHL, right...

Seems a lot more logical.
Believe all you want in your conspiracy theory and make things up about what my intentions are. Unfortunately for you, people can read through that.

I don't like Martin. I could very well do what others are doing and pound on him. As a matter of fact, if I had to chose between Martin and Kostitsyn, I'd rather keep AK. But you know better than I do what my intentions are, right?

I don't buy that theory at all, not when it's been done multiple times. I do believe that there are good reporters and bad ones and that, everywhere in the world and where I live, you're innocent until proven guilty.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 06:16 PM
  #73
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Believe all you want in your conspiracy theory and make things up about what my intentions are. Unfortunately for you, people can read through that.

I don't like Martin. I could very well do what others are doing and pound on him. As a matter of fact, if I had to chose between Martin and Kostitsyn, I'd rather keep AK. But you know better than I do what my intentions are, right?

I don't buy that theory at all, not when it's been done multiple times. I do believe that there are good reporters and bad ones and that, everywhere in the world and where I live, you're innocent until proven guilty.
I didn't know journalists had to be part of a conspiracy to do some yellow journalism, especially since most Russian journalists don't miss a turn in taking a shot at the NHL. It's called common ideology, and has absolutely nothing to do with conspiracy theories, only someone trying to fog arguments would use this term. Your use of the term is extremely childish. Grow-up, buddy.

I'll give you a quick lesson in playing with words :

Journalist : Did you get along with Jacques Martin?

AK : We didn't always see eye to eye, but I respected his decisions.


Journalist writes 'AK and Martin don't get along'


What you buy and don't buy into, all has to do with your personal bias. I can prove that with many solid arguments, but it would be a waste of time, because you'll again try to brand it with a catch phrase instead of trying to retort to the actual logic behind it. Case in point, you offer NOTHING to counter it. Just plain statement of your 'belief'.

I don't have a bias. I look at facts, patterns, underlying ideological currents, and this kind of news is to be taken with a grain of salt. Only someone with an agenda would take this for actual cash. Case in point, all the people coming out of the woodwork to either bash AK or Martin, or both.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 06:55 PM
  #74
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I agree with the grain of salt part. Until somebody legit can actually at least give a direct translation, cause it's apparently recorded audio.

That having been said though even if he did say what he said I believe there is some merit to what Andrei said.

I also think what Ozy said is true not in the sense of what they right down but in the fact that they ask questions that are either annoying or could potentially tarnish your reputation. Like I said Andrei is a good player but he doesn't seem like the smartest guy. He definitely has horrible fashion sense too. The guy asked him about a bunch of annoying questions (according to Andrei they were stupid questions) but then goes on to ask him pretty much why he was inconsistent.

Andrei answers not realizing how bad the guys going to make it look in his article but even if he doesn't the mere fact that the dude was digging dirt was bad enough. Young players or even certain players can get emotional when asked the right type of question. These journalists play on that. Plus I think they get a false sense of security doing interviews back home.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:10 PM
  #75
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
GOOD GOD Andrei looks fifty.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.