HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wojtek Wolski for Andrei Kostitsyn

Old
08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Wojtek Wolski for Andrei Kostitsyn

Andrei Kostitsyn sounded off today on Jacques Martin.

Montreal Gazette columnist/writer Pat Hickey wants the Habs to dump Kostitsyn

Quote:
Kostitsynís position with the team became untenable after he sounded off in an interview with a hockey web site in his native Belarus. Kostitsyn expressed his frustration with Jacques Martin and said he wasnít happy with the way the coach was using him.

Kostitsyn said it was difficult to play his best when he was stuck on the third or fourth line.

"I can't guess about next season," Kostitsyn told reporter Alexander Yankovich. "My relationship with the coach is not too good.

"It wasn't me who started to play badly," Kostitsyn added. "It's just that I was being put into (the) third and fourth line. I've tried talking to (Martin) more than once. But he doesn't care."
Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1UldoYxsR

Kostitsyn will be a group III next season. $3.25M cap hit. Also his salary. Rangers save $550,000 in cap space. Kostitsyn can play both sides. Natural LWer.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:01 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Only problem is, I don't see him being used any differently by Torts. And I dont want any part of a disgruntled Kostitsyn. Atleast Wolski keeps his mouth shut.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn sounded off today on Jacques Martin.

Montreal Gazette columnist/writer Pat Hickey wants the Habs to dump Kostitsyn

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1UldoYxsR

Kostitsyn will be a group III next season. $3.25M cap hit. Also his salary. Rangers save $550,000 in cap space. Kostitsyn can play both sides. Natural LWer.
Holy crap, good call. I say go for it, Glen!

----------------
Now playing: Metallica - To Live Is to Die
via FoxyTunes

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
mike14

The positives seem to be a lower cap hit, and possibly a very motivated player looking to show that he was misused before his next paycheck.

Overall, at best it seems to be a nothing move. At least WW is a somewhat known quantity and seems to be intent on trying to improve his game

mike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:05 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Only problem is, I don't see him being used any differently by Torts. And I dont want any part of a disgruntled Kostitsyn. Atleast Wolski keeps his mouth shut.
Except that Andrei is much better than Wojtek. I don't care that he keeps his mouth shut, he's a floater.

Kosty is much better all around and would be easy to obtain at this time.

PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:11 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Except that Andrei is much better than Wojtek. I don't care that he keeps his mouth shut, he's a floater.

Much better all around but doesn't have the high end potential that Wolski does.

I'm still extremely intrigued when it comes to Wolski this season. I'm not naive enough to say I expect a big season, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd rather let Wolski have one more chance this year. And like Dubi said where is Andrei playing on this roster that he won't be disgruntled still

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Vitto79

lol I saw Kosty has issues in Montreal and though of this exact deal.
Then I said nahhh no pt just go with WW. They are the same player to me.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:15 PM
MSG the place to be*

We didn't know the type of player Wolski was until we got him. Now we do. We don't know the type of player Kostitsyn is.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post

Kostitsyn isn't really easy to obtain. He's important to the team and he'll only go for a player who'll bring the same thing. He's a physical player and that's important for Montreal. Wolski is pretty much the opposite of what the Habs needs.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:24 PM
MAYO

I'm a huge Ranger fan that's stuck living in Montreal. I've seen Andrei play a lot of hockey and I have to tell you, this deal has me intrigued. I would pull the trigger on this one. When he's motivated he plays like a top 6 forward and brings a better over all game than WW.

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

I don't get all the W2 hate. Everything I've seen about him this offseason has been him saying he knows he sucked and talking about all the things he's doing to make sure he doesn't suck again. We know the potential is there, and he seems to realize he needs to work hard to reach it again. I'm excited to see how him play this year for the Rangers.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:35 PM
MAYO

WW reminds me a little too much of Nicky Z, I don't feel like sitting around and hoping that he turns his game around only to be disappointed in the end. Listen, I haven't been a WW hater, I just think this would be a good deal is all

Old
08-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

well I say stay with Wolski. I think he might break out and score 60+ this season

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:38 PM
MAYO

not if he's playing on the 3rd or 4th line, and you know Torts isn't the most patient fellow, if he doesn't produce within the first 5 games, you know he won't be playing on the top line like most of you think.

Old
08-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
WW reminds me a little too much of Nicky Z, I don't feel like sitting around and hoping that he turns his game around only to be disappointed in the end. Listen, I haven't been a WW hater, I just think this would be a good deal is all
I agree, I would like to keep W2, but i am indifferent. I just want someone that can play LW on the first line besides Dubinsky

Old
08-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
not if he's playing on the 3rd or 4th line, and you know Torts isn't the most patient fellow, if he doesn't produce within the first 5 games, you know he won't be playing on the top line like most of you think.
eh I am sure Torts will give him a long look on that first line

Old
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Kostitsyn isn't really easy to obtain. He's important to the team and he'll only go for a player who'll bring the same thing. He's a physical player and that's important for Montreal. Wolski is pretty much the opposite of what the Habs needs.
I agree. I don't think it makes sense for the Habs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
I don't get all the W2 hate. Everything I've seen about him this offseason has been him saying he knows he sucked and talking about all the things he's doing to make sure he doesn't suck again. We know the potential is there, and he seems to realize he needs to work hard to reach it again. I'm excited to see how him play this year for the Rangers.
This could be the year that defines the rest of his career. It's put up or shut up time for Wojtek.

Quote:
You can't compare a player who has had zero attitude issues with Zherdev. Nicky Z was a cancer, and proved that everywhere he went.

Wolski has disappointed with his lack of an all around game and inconsistency on the ice, but I don't think they're comparable.

I also thought that Wolski was robbed a bunch last year, and had games and stretches where he was one of the best players on the ice.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Vitto79

i find it funny the board is voting Wolski the #1 LW and in another thread he is kicked out of town, lol

only Ranger fans

Old
08-11-2011, 08:42 PM
MAYO

2 things, like I said earlier, Torts isn't the type of guy to wait around, secondly, after making to move to acquire Richards, there is now way he is going to wait to get his top line going.

Old
08-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
2 things, like I said earlier, Torts isn't the type of guy to wait around, secondly, after making to move to acquire Richards, there is now way he is going to wait to get his top line going.
that is just like your opinion man, you know?

Old
08-11-2011, 08:45 PM
MAYO

I didn't know WW played a few games with the Wolf Pack last year?!?!?! Best player on the ice, come on!!!

Old
08-11-2011, 08:49 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
You've got to remember that WW isn't home-grown, he didn't score like a superstar as soon as he got to MSG, he doesn't hit like a mack-truck and he doesn't provide funny off-ice distractions.

By not ticking any of those boxes he never really stood a chance...

mike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
You've got to remember that WW isn't home-grown, he didn't score like a superstar as soon as he got to MSG, he doesn't hit like a mack-truck and he doesn't provide funny off-ice distractions.

By not ticking any of those boxes he never really stood a chance...
pretty much.

Old
08-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Vitto79

does everyone have to be impatient all the time

read this. they guys is trying. This is the first full yr on the team. I'm giving him a chance

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/0...a-hockey-guru/

Old
08-11-2011, 09:05 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
The last time I remember RB proposing we go after a player, it was Tim Erixon. Are you gonna be 2 for 2, RB? I'd prefer Kostitsyn to Wolski. I think he's a better fit in our system.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote