HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When does Training camp start and...

Old
08-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
When does Training camp start and...

If so, did they release the schedule?

Thanks

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post

i meant training camp, not the preseason schedule

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 10:19 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4tehwin95 View Post
i meant training camp, not the preseason schedule
I don't think they've stated the actual date that training camp will start. However, players usually report to the training facility for regular practices in late August/early September on their own. From September 10th-14th, the Traverse City prospects tournament is being played and televised, and the first preseason game is September 21st.

So, I figure that training camp will start around the 15th or a little earlier officially I suppose.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Muh
Beadle

I remember reading it started September 16th. Regardless I am pumped for Traverse City tourney. Excited MSG is broadcasting games this year.

Muh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Blazephr

wish I had MSG here in Vermont on Comcast :-(

what are the odds Traverse City games can be viewed online?

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 02:39 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
I remember reading it started September 16th. Regardless I am pumped for Traverse City tourney. Excited MSG is broadcasting games this year.
you are correct it is indeed september 16th. in my eyes the hockey season starts september 10th in traverse city. let the countdown begin boys im beyond amped for this season. i have not been this hyped in YEARS. as bart scott would say " CANT WAIT!!"

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Zuccarello has been in NY a week now to work on his on ice condition and skating, is ther no organised training sessions before 16 of sept? all training until then is induvidual or do the team usually train together?(atleast the players that are in town)

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 08:38 AM
fredrikstad

Nylander is reported ready for a comebackatempt. Maybe invite him to camp?

Google traslation
They asked me if I want to be with"
Michael Nylander will take new steps in his rehabilitation - now he is up to date to train with AIK.

- They have asked if I wanted to be with and I want to train at as high a level as possible, he says to Sportbladet.

The goal, however, remains set in stone - 39-year-old would return to the NHL.

Yesterday was Michael Nylander for the first time back in match play, when he strengthened the Division I-Team White Horse show team that met Icebreakers.

- Fun to play, absolutely. It was good long time since we played so it was fun to lace up their skates and go a bit. You have to get into it in some way and this was a step for me who have been away so long, so it was fun, says Nylander to Sportbladet.

It is now seven months since that awful blow which broke his neck on Nylander and could have paralyzed him for life. Slowly but surely, however puck virtuoso fought back and the goal is to get this season contract with an NHL club.

"Aim for the NHL"
- It feels good and then I see what level I come up in. I try to run on in two or three weeks before taking a decision. I'm aiming of course at the NHL.

Feels the course?

- Yes. That's the goal I have. Therefore I am not in any other right now.

If it would not go ...

- Then I'll take a decision after that. What I feel and how I stand.

He wants other words, do not speculate in league games. Nylander's former club AIK has already been in contact with him.

- I want to train at a high level and try to get as good a challenge as possible at training now in that I do not have any team to play in. They have asked if I wanted to be with and work out, I've asked what times it is applicable and so ... But we have made about each other.

"Want to be more on the ice"
Nylander has been training hard since the end of May and the last ten days training on ice in Segeltorp with several other NHL stars who now find themselves at home.

- It's been good pace. Then will I take with AIK how often they train, they might have matches and so. So I'll talk to Anders (Gozzi, sports manager) again.

Could it be that you also play games on them?

- So far I have not had time to think yet. I focus on training now and take me back to a high level.

That he will return to hockey is a given. Yesterday's match was just another proof of this.

- It's fun to play, there is no doubt about it. It was fun to be here today and now it feels like you want to be on the ice even more. I wanted to play longer than the

this year, anyway, I had not thought over yet. It feels great and my family and I enjoy working with the hockey life.

Bjorn Forsgren

NHL colleagues on Nylander's comeback attempt
Daniel Sedin:

Vancouver Canucks

He looked really good today. Of course it is different with a real game, but today I think he looked as usual.

Nicklas Backstrom:

Washington Capitals

I actually think highly of him, I have always done. It is an incredibly talented hockey players. I do not know what his situation is right now, it remains to be seen, but I think he is capable of getting to the NHL. I know he is great when his game and today it was good to see him too.

Henrik Zetterberg:

Detroit Red Wings

Absolutely, I think he is an incredibly talented hockey player and is still as strong as he looked now, I think definitely he will get the chance to contract with a club over there. He feels great and healthy he is definitely good enough to play over there.

Patric Hörnqvist:

Nashville Predators

He looks just as usual, he turns and twists and is incredibly skilled with the puck. So he's probably a good chance to get something over there if there is someone to come and watch him and know he is great and fresh and ready to Lira - that it really looks like he is.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13456079.ab

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 08:45 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
Zuccarello has been in NY a week now to work on his on ice condition and skating, is ther no organised training sessions before 16 of sept? all training until then is induvidual or do the team usually train together?(atleast the players that are in town)
He also gonna get help from rangers physical trainers to gain moore muscles. Have gained about 5 pound so far this summer.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote