HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Valtteri Filppula to Buffalo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-11-2011, 07:36 AM
  #1
Blitz
EI-KILL 4 McEICHEL
 
Blitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Valtteri Filppula to Buffalo

Was trying to hammer out a decent prosposal for this guy, but I couldn't figure out his value from a Detroit POV - some seem to love him, others actively want to move him... Since Detroit doesn't really have any gaping holes to fill, what would it take to get him in Blue and Gold?

Would something like this work?

To DET:
F Brad Boyes or D Andrej Sekera
2012 3rd RND pick


To BUF:
F Valtteri Filppula


Or more of a package deal - maybe something along these lines? If the value is way off please don't flame, just say so... I'm not up on Detroits prospects.

To DET:
F Brad Boyes
D Andrej Sekera


To BUF:
F Valtteri Filppula
D Jakub Kindl or F Riley Sheahan
2013 3rd RND

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:07 AM
  #2
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,006
vCash: 500
Awards:
We've done this three or four times already this summer.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=946545

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=964127&page=2

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=930037

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=901600

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:53 AM
  #3
Blitz
EI-KILL 4 McEICHEL
 
Blitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Not quite the same IMO, and a couple of those are from before July 1st - A lot has changed since then, but whatever - Close it if you want to.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:01 AM
  #4
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,006
vCash: 500
Awards:
It's all the same flavor. Basically, Filppula-Sekera seems to work for both sides. Extras are not necessary, particularly Kindl who the Sabres have no use for at all. Nor does Buffalo necessarily need to kick in a high pick with Sekera to get Filppula either.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:59 AM
  #5
Borlag
Registered User
 
Borlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Helsinki, Funland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Was trying to hammer out a decent prosposal for this guy, but I couldn't figure out his value from a Detroit POV - some seem to love him, others actively want to move him... Since Detroit doesn't really have any gaping holes to fill, what would it take to get him in Blue and Gold?
It's not that people actively want to move him, it's that he's quite possibly the only player of any real value that Detroit wouldn't have any major problems moving out. Sure that could be said of Franzen as well, but considering his injury woes and lack of consistent production throughout the season, he's worth more to us than he would be for others. That said, Detroit has a massive hole to fill once Lidström retires, which will most likely happen after this upcoming season.

Borlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:30 PM
  #6
Sabretip
Registered User
 
Sabretip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borlag View Post
It's not that people actively want to move him, it's that he's quite possibly the only player of any real value that Detroit wouldn't have any major problems moving out.
There's also no reason to think the Sabres actively want to move Boyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borlag View Post
That said, Detroit has a massive hole to fill once Lidström retires, which will most likely happen after this upcoming season.
I'm more inclined to think that Ken Holland appreciates the magnitude of losing a # 1 defenseman like Lidstrom and will target a much more capable replacement (i.e. the rumored offer sheet to Shea Weber next summer) for him than a lower-tier option like Sekera.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
  #7
Borlag
Registered User
 
Borlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Helsinki, Funland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
There's also no reason to think the Sabres actively want to move Boyes...
Quite likely true, same with Filppula. The fans on message boards like this do not represent the management of the actual team, despite what some fans might want to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I'm more inclined to think that Ken Holland appreciates the magnitude of losing a # 1 defenseman like Lidstrom and will target a much more capable replacement (i.e. the rumored offer sheet to Shea Weber next summer) for him than a lower-tier option like Sekera.
Also true, although I believe we have pretty much zero chance of actually getting Weber as if Nashville becomes certain that they can't resign him, they will most definitely be trading him for the team offering the best package for him. That team is not Detroit, not unless Holland makes a complete change of style and trades one of Datsyuk or Zetterberg. I just can't see that happening.

Borlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:26 PM
  #8
probertrules24
Registered User
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Not quite the same IMO, and a couple of those are from before July 1st - A lot has changed since then, but whatever - Close it if you want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
It's all the same flavor. Basically, Filppula-Sekera seems to work for both sides. Extras are not necessary, particularly Kindl who the Sabres have no use for at all. Nor does Buffalo necessarily need to kick in a high pick with Sekera to get Filppula either.
I agree these offers have been discussed but things have changed. A straight deal with Filppula and Sekera I'm not sure would work as Detroit already has 7 NHL ready Dmen for next year.

The second offer I would be interested in as long as it's Kindl as stated above we would have to many Dmen. I would also be ok with changing the pick to a better one.

To DET:
F Brad Boyes
D Andrej Sekera

To BUF:
F Valtteri Filppula
D Jakub Kindl
2012 2nd RND

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:57 PM
  #9
Birko19
Registered User
 
Birko19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
It's all the same flavor. Basically, Filppula-Sekera seems to work for both sides. Extras are not necessary, particularly Kindl who the Sabres have no use for at all. Nor does Buffalo necessarily need to kick in a high pick with Sekera to get Filppula either.
Actually no, Filppula for Sekera does not work anymore, we already have enough defense.

If Stafford is available, I would give Filppula + 3rd rounder for him, other than that, I don't see anything workable with the Sabres.

Birko19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:22 PM
  #10
Havok89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
Actually no, Filppula for Sekera does not work anymore, we already have enough defense.

If Stafford is available, I would give Filppula + 3rd rounder for him, other than that, I don't see anything workable with the Sabres.
Stafford is available for a legit top 6 center, not Filppula.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:34 PM
  #11
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,905
vCash: 500
detroit should not move any of its youn(er) players to anyteam thats close to, at, or above the salary cap unless they get the player they want.

give me filppula over boyes/sekera anyday of the week.

stafford however is worth more then filppula

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 10:04 AM
  #12
Birko19
Registered User
 
Birko19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
Stafford is available for a legit top 6 center, not Filppula.
Looks like you don't watch much of Filppula, if he's not a legit top-6 player, then so it Stafford, as far as I'm concerned, in terms of offensive production both players seem to be on a similar level with the exception of this past season, Stafford is obviously the better goal scorer while Filppula is the better two-way player, I did acknowledge that Stafford is a little bit better which is why I threw in the extra pick, but if you think he's worth more than Filppula + 2nd rounder max, you're dreaming.

Birko19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
  #13
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 35,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
Looks like you don't watch much of Filppula, if he's not a legit top-6 player, then so it Stafford, as far as I'm concerned, in terms of offensive production both players seem to be on a similar level with the exception of this past season, Stafford is obviously the better goal scorer while Filppula is the better two-way player, I did acknowledge that Stafford is a little bit better which is why I threw in the extra pick, but if you think he's worth more than Filppula + 2nd rounder max, you're dreaming.


yea, except for the giant growth in Stafford's offensive game, and the relative plateau of Filpulla's game.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 01:22 PM
  #14
Havok89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
Looks like you don't watch much of Filppula, if he's not a legit top-6 player, then so it Stafford, as far as I'm concerned, in terms of offensive production both players seem to be on a similar level with the exception of this past season, Stafford is obviously the better goal scorer while Filppula is the better two-way player, I did acknowledge that Stafford is a little bit better which is why I threw in the extra pick, but if you think he's worth more than Filppula + 2nd rounder max, you're dreaming.
The players were similar in production, not anymore. Stafford had 31 goals, Filppula had 39 points, in 10 more games.

The difference is not a second round pick for a team trying to win. Take your own advice and maybe watch Stafford.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.