HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cody Franson and C Matthew Lombardi for D Brett Lebda and F Robert Slaney

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2011, 09:27 AM
thomas magnum

vCash: 500
And now for a brief re-cap for those keeping score at home...

Preds need offensive help.

Preds go get Lombardi.

Lombardi gets concussed.

Lombardi gets traded along with Franson to dump his contract and get Lebda.

Preds buy out Lebda.

Lombardi supposedly get healthy.

Preds need offensive help.

Old
08-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Wow, this trade could be crucial to us making the playoffs this season.

What I`m wondering, is there any Preds fans at all who are happy about this deal

Old
08-12-2011, 09:43 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf View Post

What I`m wondering, is there any Preds fans at all who are happy about this deal
We're waiting on seeing how the additional cash is spent. This move was made to free up cash. We're just not sure what's going to be done with it yet.

Old
08-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf View Post

I'm not thrilled by it, but realize it had to happen. Lombardi was too great of a risk moving forward for us to keep him on the roster and the simple truth was we couldn't continue to protect Franson's minutes while also bringing up our skilled rookie defensemen (Josi, Ellis, Ekholm).

As a single transaction Toronto clearly wins, but it's not that simple from our perspective as this deal and the Lebda buyout are a precursor to another transaction yet to come...

Old
08-12-2011, 09:59 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Even if he is good to go to start the season we couldn't take the chance of him getting concussed again a game and a half in and being out for the rest of the season.

Old
08-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
As a single transaction Toronto clearly wins, but it's not that simple from our perspective as this deal and the Lebda buyout are a precursor to another transaction yet to come...
We may be saying that for a long long time.

Old
08-12-2011, 10:08 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
great for Toronto if so... but Steve Sullivan was close to returning for 18 months and Matt Lombardi's injury was a minor one at first. I seriously don't expect him until AT LEAST after Xmas, if at all.

Old
08-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Shea Weber

I just don't see Lombardi doing much going forward. Even if he is healthy and starts the season one big hit could knock him out for a long time once again. Furthermore, the mental part of that HAS to make you less aggressive on the ice. I see him being a fraction of his full potential at best.

Old
08-12-2011, 11:20 AM
belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
I just don't see Lombardi doing much going forward. Even if he is healthy and starts the season one big hit could knock him out for a long time once again. Furthermore, the mental part of that HAS to make you less aggressive on the ice. I see him being a fraction of his full potential at best.
It doesn't really have to be a big hit. It can be something of a nudge near the boards.

Old
08-12-2011, 11:44 AM
DelGriffith

Quote:
Hey whatever makes you sleep better @ night

Old
08-12-2011, 12:05 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Like Dumont? but worse

Old
08-12-2011, 12:07 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelGriffith View Post
Hey whatever makes you sleep better @ night
Or you can keep dreaming... I mean, Marc Savard came back strong, right? Oh wait... Um, Sidney Crosby came back strong after his concussion, right? Crap... Um, Dan Hamhuis went symptom free after, right? Man... There has got to be one somewhere that has come back ok... hmmm

Old
08-12-2011, 12:23 PM
pjfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Or you can keep dreaming... I mean, Marc Savard came back strong, right? Oh wait... Um, Sidney Crosby came back strong after his concussion, right? Crap... Um, Dan Hamhuis went symptom free after, right? Man... There has got to be one somewhere that has come back ok... hmmm
Exactly...and this is coming from a Leaf fan. Don't listen to the few, but annoying, Leaf trolls. They give the rest of our fanbase a bad name.

Our team has sucked since the lockout and we are in the midst of a rebuild and hopefully this trade helps the process.

From a Nashville standpoint, you are so stacked on defense now and into the future, losing Franson made no difference and Lombardi is a huge question mark. Nice to see that he is progressing but I have my doubts if he will ever return to form after being off for a year. Fellow Leaf fans seem to be ignoring this. The trade works out for both teams.

Old
08-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfanman View Post
Exactly...and this is coming from a Leaf fan. Don't listen to the few, but annoying, Leaf trolls. They give the rest of our fanbase a bad name.

Our team has sucked since the lockout and we are in the midst of a rebuild and hopefully this trade helps the process.

From a Nashville standpoint, you are so stacked on defense now and into the future, losing Franson made no difference and Lombardi is a huge question mark. Nice to see that he is progressing but I have my doubts if he will ever return to form after being off for a year. Fellow Leaf fans seem to be ignoring this. The trade works out for both teams.
So Leafs fans CAN have brains! Good post sir.

Old
08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
pjfanman

Quote:
So Leafs fans CAN have brains! Good post sir.
As I said, I think that most Leaf fans are reasonable, it's a small portion that give us a bad name

Old
08-12-2011, 02:38 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
As I said, I think that most Leaf fans are reasonable, it's a small portion that give us a bad name
thank goodness we Preds fans don't have any of those!

Old
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Legionnaire11

I think every fan base basically has the same % of morons and the same % of sensible fans. But morons are more likely to partake in message board banter (did I just implicate myself?).

So the larger fanbases such as Toronto, Detroit, etc. come off worse on sites like HF.

Old
08-12-2011, 06:13 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Well it sounds like Lombardi might be good to go for Training camp and that would be outstanding because nobody expected him to recover this fast I hope his recovery continues because if it does he will be a HUGE addition ro rhe PK.

Old
08-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Well it sounds like Lombardi might be good to go for Training camp and that would be outstanding because nobody expected him to recover this fast I hope his recovery continues because if it does he will be a HUGE addition ro rhe PK.
We'll believe it when we see it. Lombardi's been "almost ready" since January.

I hope he does suit up for you guys. It would be a shame to see another player's career cut short by a concussion.

Old
08-12-2011, 06:30 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
We'll believe it when we see it. Lombardi's been "almost ready" since January.

I hope he does suit up for you guys. It would be a shame to see another player's career cut short by a concussion.
I hope he does to his speed is amazing

Old
08-12-2011, 06:35 PM
braindead

Quote:
That would be excellent for you guys and turn the trade into an even better deal. Good luck. We were happy to get him with his speed, two-way game and some scoring ability. Wish things had worked for him here- he wanted to play for Trotz. Hope he isn't done.

Old
08-12-2011, 06:43 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
That would be excellent for you guys and turn the trade into an even better deal. Good luck. We were happy to get him with his speed, two-way game and some scoring ability. Wish things had worked for him here- he wanted to play for Trotz. Hope he isn't done.
It's not even about the trade for me because to be honest I would have shot Lebda out of a cannon and into a wall and called it a win I'm just a big fan of Lombardi

Old
08-12-2011, 07:57 PM
braindead

Quote:
It's not even about the trade for me because to be honest I would have shot Lebda out of a cannon and into a wall and called it a win I'm just a big fan of Lombardi
I am too and was when we got him. Hated to see it happen to him and hope he gets back to form. Trade is old news now and most or all Pred fans are rooting for him like we do most or all ex-Preds.

Old
08-13-2011, 10:46 AM
DelGriffith

Quote:

Our team has sucked since the lockout and we are in the midst of a rebuild and hopefully this trade helps the proces

This guy gives leaf fans a bad name, don't believe in sucking up to other teams. You guts got absolutely fleeced and that's the end of it. Sorry...but not really.

Old
08-13-2011, 11:14 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelGriffith View Post
This guy gives leaf fans a bad name, don't believe in sucking up to other teams. You guts got absolutely fleeced and that's the end of it. Sorry...but not really.
wow really?

the supposed center of the hockey universe cant understand a salary dump trade?

no one gets "fleeced" in such a trade. we exchanged something of limited value to us for cash, which apparently has limited value to the Leafs...

Closed Thread