HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville-Anaheim Series NHLN

Old
08-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
haha, same. I've watched games 1 and 3 from start to finish. 2 and 4 I'll FF to Preds goals and thats about it.

Game 5 tonight?

p.s. Game 3 was fking intense. I can't imagine how nervous I was.
I know what you mean. Just watching you in those final minutes was sheer torture.

Tonight's game will be awesome. :-) History will be made (a few months ago).

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 04:05 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Yeah. I hit record on Game 3 (it was being replayed after Game 4) and changed channels after the second period finished. On the night Game 4 happened I was at a bar. I was so angry that I walked home from the bar. I had tried to call a cab, but they didn't answer. Must've been some odd plan to get more customers...

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

What time is game 5?

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 04:39 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
What time is game 5?
Seven

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Seven

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 04:52 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

With a replay at 9pm for those of you who can't make the 7pm showing. And then another replay tomorrow at 11pm if they continue along the same scheduling path as they have been on.

Old
08-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
With a replay at 9pm for those of you who can't make the 7pm showing. And then another replay tomorrow at 11pm if they continue along the same scheduling path as they have been on.
Still not enough. :-)

Old
08-12-2011, 06:25 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

I'm DVRing it because the first go around I didn't extend the recording time and missed the win. Game 5 and 6 are going on DVD for future reference.

Old
08-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Shea Weber

Just watched game 5 on DVR. I couldn't help but notice how Anaheim's fans didn't really give a sh** when Shea tied it up. They were just laughing like it was funny. Same thing with Smithson's game winner. People it showed in the stands were just indifferent. I can't imagine Preds fans being so nonchalant.

What.A.Game.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 10:51 PM
cleangene

Game 6 was ALMOST just as sweet re-living as it was that extra special April evening at 501 Broadway. I continue hoping against hope that ALL of that veteran leadership and overall toughness displayed by that PREDS team won't be missed too much when October and the following 6 months rolls around.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

It really was, Gene. Watching it brought a lot of emotion back and a lot of pride in our guys for their character and never say die attitude. At the beginning of last season I said to Mr. Adz that I thought that was going to be a special team and it was. Here's hopes for another special Preds team to emerge this season.

Old
08-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
The ending of Game 6 just brought a tear to my eye as it did that night...

I bought tickets for my Mother, Sister, and Uncle immediately following the Game 5 OT victory and drove my Mother and Sister back from North Carolina the day prior to make sure that we were there in time. We had Easter Dinner at the Suite Level Club prior to the game then the three of them sat right at the top of section 120 and I in the first row of 332 overlooking everything.

During each standing ovation it brought tears to my eyes to see my Mother standing and cheering as she requires double knee replacements and has trouble standing, let alone walking nowadays and as Legwand scored into that empty net she popped up and couldn't contain her excitement along with my Sister and Uncle.

After the game I went down and took a few family photos overlooking the rink and by far that night remains my favorite in Bridgestone Arena and likely won't be topped until the Preds skate The Cup in celebration on home ice...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 01:03 AM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

I just noticed I was on TV twice and didn't realize it. I never watched the game on TV until tonight. I looked so freaked out.

Old
08-14-2011, 12:19 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Different watching it on TV for sure. Forgot about Horny's goal in game 6 that was negated and how well the Toots-Smithson-Spaling line played in the series.

Remembered the catfish on the ice during play and pretty much wanted to see the crowd eruption on Leggy's EN goal to seal it.

Glad I was there for it, 100 times better than on TV.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

It is really different being there and watching it but at the end, it brought forth the same emotion. Swelling of the heart, a tear here and there, happiness all around. Sure, WE love them, but it was nice for them to get some recognition from other places too.

Until they swiped up our players as a result. Damn their time.

I have not liked this offseason at all. Watching that game reminded me of why I loved that particular team so much and how much I will miss them. You always have turnover, but some of those faces were guys with so much heart that it had to spread to the others. Shea was still Shea Freakin' Weber that day and right now he's not. He doesn't love Nashville as much as he said he did and I've built up a little wall so he can't hurt me too much when and if he leaves. I'm not seeing the passion yet this year. I hope something will happen to gel the team and remove some of the negatives that are swirling around. It could be Shea Weber gathering up the group and saying, look, offseason aside, I'm the captain and it's business as usual--let's start skating together like we did last year. He may be able to give me his angry look and I'll fall into step and love him again. It could be David Poile pulling one of his "OMGHFB*" trades that catches us all unawares and brings us all back in the fold. It could be that the yellow jerseys look absolutely stunning on the ice and in the arena. Whatever. I just hope it happens.

I am way too caught up in this silly team. Ha ha!

*he's effin brilliant

Old
08-14-2011, 03:51 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
It is really different being there and watching it but at the end, it brought forth the same emotion. Swelling of the heart, a tear here and there, happiness all around. Sure, WE love them, but it was nice for them to get some recognition from other places too.

I have not liked this offseason at all. Watching that game reminded me of why I loved that particular team so much and how much I will miss them. You always have turnover, but some of those faces were guys with so much heart that it had to spread to the others. Shea was still Shea Freakin' Weber that day and right now he's not. He doesn't love Nashville as much as he said he did and I've built up a little wall so he can't hurt me too much when and if he leaves. I'm not seeing the passion yet this year. I hope something will happen to gel the team and remove some of the negatives that are swirling around. It could be Shea Weber gathering up the group and saying, look, offseason aside, I'm the captain and it's business as usual--let's start skating together like we did last year. He may be able to give me his angry look and I'll fall into step and love him again. It could be David Poile pulling one of his "OMGHFB*" trades that catches us all unawares and brings us all back in the fold. It could be that the yellow jerseys look absolutely stunning on the ice and in the arena. Whatever. I just hope it happens.

*he's effin brilliant
You and me both, Adz. You and me both. I couldn't have agreeded more with any posting on this board.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 04:09 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

*he's effin brilliant
You know, I really believe that one of the reasons we end up falling in love with these teams year after year is because we have these off seasons that range from meh to dreadful, and we spend the summer months searching for a little bit of light. And then the season comes, we play pretty well out of the gate, hit a pretty big bump, correct ship, play .500 hockey, and we are all still looking for that light (but it isn't as bad because we have new hockey to occupy us). Then the team goes on its run that no one thought we would go on, and it snowballs.

This past year is likely to be our most memorable season for a while. Probably until we play for the Cup. It had everything. A goalie that could actually steal games for us. Players we didn't expect much from showing us why we shouldn't have been skeptical. The super duo of Weber and Suter playing their first full season after the both showed the world what we already knew down here; that they are the best two defenseman in the world. We even had some highly anticipated rookies come in and impress. Then, we won a play off round. I think coming off of that high is making this off season worse for all of us, but maybe feeling down this off season will only make the high better this season

Old
08-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I think the thing that bugs me most is that the FO can't seem to use the momentum of the playoffs and all those warm fuzzies and parlay it through the summer. We had the entire city interested in the team in May and June and then, as far as anyone can tell, DP does squat, screws up the RFA's and only signs Shea for another year. We know there is a lot more going on behind the scenes, but to the casual fans and the hockey world in general it says everything accomplished last year was probably a fluke. It's so frustrating. I can see yearly improvement since the fire sale, and no doubt there probably will be some this year too, but why even appear to go backwards?

If DP had taken the momentum and signed some hotshot on July 1, price be damned, it is my opinion that the SW deal would have been quickly finalized, the buzz would continue and we'd go into the fall with the kind of marketing momentum that money can't buy. Any extra millions spent on a player would have been absorbed by extra ticket sales and new corporate spending.

Gah, why didn't they consult me in June?

And here we were looking so good to the Atlanta fans. Now they'll go with the Canes instead.

Old
08-14-2011, 05:42 PM
predfan98

Quote:

*he's effin brilliant
I feel the exactly the same way, well said.

Before they had my heart, freely given, win or lose........and now, well, prove you're deserving of our heart, boys....

yes, way too caught up with emotion!

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 05:43 PM
predfan98

Quote:
I think the thing that bugs me most is that the FO can't seem to use the momentum of the playoffs and all those warm fuzzies and parlay it through the summer. We had the entire city interested in the team in May and June and then, as far as anyone can tell, DP does squat, screws up the RFA's and only signs Shea for another year. We know there is a lot more going on behind the scenes, but to the casual fans and the hockey world in general it says everything accomplished last year was probably a fluke. It's so frustrating. I can see yearly improvement since the fire sale, and no doubt there probably will be some this year too, but why even appear to go backwards?

If DP had taken the momentum and signed some hotshot on July 1, price be damned, it is my opinion that the SW deal would have been quickly finalized, the buzz would continue and we'd go into the fall with the kind of marketing momentum that money can't buy. Any extra millions spent on a player would have been absorbed by extra ticket sales and new corporate spending.

And here we were looking so good to the Atlanta fans. Now they'll go with the Canes instead.
you're rocking, lady!

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 01:55 AM
roseyc

Quote:

I agree for the most part of what your saying but I don't think Weber is the bad guy in all of this. The Preds are. They kept telling that Weber signing was no big deal and my own common sense said it was no big deal they'll sign him and he'll give us the discount but it was so bungled and why did the Preds play hardball against him angers me. Weber is someone who is speaking for us saying that we need offense. When Weber is doubting that the team is not searching for offense then where does that leave us but asking questions and not getting answers. It's almost a given that we did it last year and we'll do it again but we've never had this kind of turnover of the team ...discounting the fire sale...and have a lot of questions and if a lot those aren't answered then it will be the first year that Poile looks like a an amatuer instead of a top gm making prudent moves. We do need a solid trade and all will be forgiven let's just hope

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Oh, I'm not saying Weber's a "bad guy". Not at all. But he isn't as hot for Nashville as we had been led to believe, from his words as much as Poile. I put the blame for re-signing in DP's court.

It's a business. Ultimately the dollars and the future of the franchise are what make the difference between staying and going. Reportedly, Shea was being offered between 6 and 8 per year for longterm and wanted a one year deal instead--future over funds. When he said "prove it" he revealed that his association with Nashville was business...and it hurt my heart. He's not a bad guy, but now he's just a guy.

Old
08-15-2011, 01:22 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Oh, I'm not saying Weber's a "bad guy". Not at all. But he isn't as hot for Nashville as we had been led to believe, from his words as much as Poile. I put the blame for re-signing in DP's court.

It's a business. Ultimately the dollars and the future of the franchise are what make the difference between staying and going. Reportedly, Shea was being offered between 6 and 8 per year for longterm and wanted a one year deal instead--future over funds. When he said "prove it" he revealed that his association with Nashville was business...and it hurt my heart. He's not a bad guy, but now he's just a guy.
I don't think there's any difference in his attitude. He wants to win and what's wrong with that! If us fans have complaints about the offense and now a players has it then everybody is not being told what's going on. Weber wants to win the cup here in Nashville and if he didn't care he could have said it doesn't matter I want to leave and go to the highest bidder or play for a Detroit and win a cup there like everybody else has done. He put the onus on the Poile and the owners to help out the defense. The defense played Cup winning defense but our offense was non playoff offense. Nobody here is asking the owners to be the New York Rangers but now after the city was all aglow about the Predators now is the time to do something of value to help this team get to next level which we are not that far away.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:

*he's effin brilliant
This is a great post and I mostly agree, but this is why message boards give me lols. Training camp is a month away and you say this team has no passion.

I'm just as caught up in this silly team, I'm with ya....but lets get to the season to see how the new group gels.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
This is a great post and I mostly agree, but this is why message boards give me lols. Training camp is a month away and you say this team has no passion.

I'm just as caught up in this silly team, I'm with ya....but lets get to the season to see how the new group gels.
I think by this time last year we were already hearing how the guys were in Nashville and skating on their own...just chomping at the bit to get the season started. The passion also comes from the front office and marketing. It may have been later on, however, will concede that. See, I want that passion year around, though I will grant a one week hiatus in late July IF the FO has behaved itself.

Roseyc, I never said that there was any difference in Shea's attitude, except for his insistence that a deal was getting done (and it did, though not the way I wanted). The difference is with my attitude toward him. He isn't the selfless knight I made him out to be. That's why he isn't "freakin'" anymore.