HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leino, the debate concerning overpayment of UFA's and the Flyers approach?

Old
08-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Flyersfan1014

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
No it's not exactly what you wrote above. If you understood how the Cap workds, you wouldn't say that. There is no argument, one person is informed, and one person isn't.

I'm understanding you completely. What your not understanding is why it can't be that way, and why there is no bonus cushion this year.
There is only no cushion this year because the CBA is in its final contract year! Not everything you're saying is completely right either and I'm not acting like everything I say is right. That's the difference here. I'm not trying to argue like you are. I'm just asking questions and beginning to get fed up with you being a jerk on here to everyone. The other day you insisted Syvret is like the worst defenseman you've ever seen and that was the way it had to be. I respect an opinion but what I respect even more is listening to what others say and rationalizing it and learning that that is their opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That doesn't mean an opinion is right. I know I'm barely right but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion

Flyersfan1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 03:34 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
There is only no cushion this year because the CBA is in its final contract year! Not everything you're saying is completely right either and I'm not acting like everything I say is right. That's the difference here. I'm not trying to argue like you are. I'm just asking questions and beginning to get fed up with you being a jerk on here to everyone. The other day you insisted Syvret is like the worst defenseman you've ever seen and that was the way it had to be. I respect an opinion but what I respect even more is listening to what others say and rationalizing it and learning that that is their opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That doesn't mean an opinion is right. I know I'm barely right but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion
Tell me what I've said on this that isn't right, and be prepared to back it up. I can provide links and even tell you where in the CBA to find the info. Have you ever read the CBA? I have, multiple times.
Secondly, if you can't apply some simple common sense and know that when a player who has never established himself as an NHL regular, has to sign a two way deal, that pretty much tells you what you need to know about what is thought about the player. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But that opinion should be informed.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Flyersfan1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Tell me what I've said on this that isn't right, and be prepared to back it up. I can provide links and even tell you where in the CBA to find the info. Have you ever read the CBA? I have, multiple times.
Secondly, if you can't apply some simple common sense and know that when a player who has never established himself as an NHL regular, has to sign a two way deal, that pretty much tells you what you need to know about what is thought about the player. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But that opinion should be informed.
People dont't need to look up something before they state an opinion. I'm not a computer so I don't have the facts just sitting there in my head. I don't have the time to read the NHL CBA even once. Why do I need to know it when we have people that already know everything that needs to be known about it? BTW, Syvret is just trying to find a team where he can prove himself and he couldn't do that here behind our defense. I don't know how Lilja will help either. We should've signed someone else. Sopel would've been better than Lilja. It blows my mind that we signed him, let alone to a 2 year contract.

Flyersfan1014 is offline   Reply With Quote