HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[HabsHQ] All I Wanted for Christmas Is a New GM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-12-2011, 10:07 PM
  #1
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
[HabsHQ] All I Wanted for Christmas Is a New GM

HABSHQ

Log on to www.habshq.com and enjoy!


Most recent articles:

1. Habs Prospects Rankings: December 5th-11th (Dec 12th; Nicolas)
2. Kaberle Impresses in Habs Win (Dec 10th; Shawn)
3. Tomas Haberle and the Departure of Jaroslav Spacek (Dec 9th; Jeff)
4. Post Game Report: Guess What? Blown Lead and SO Loss (Dec 8th; Harry)
5. Post Game Report: Habs Salvage Point Against NHL’s Worst (Dec 6th; Stefan)


Last edited by habsprospects: 12-12-2011 at 01:40 PM.
HH is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 10:16 PM
  #2
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Looks good! I love the subtle change in the logo by adding top part of the Habs C.

Sports1131 is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 10:19 PM
  #3
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Keep it up guys. Like the Logo, looks old like an London Subway Tube sign... Leave that! & keep it up!

I'll share it on my Facebook. Take out the protection entry to share your link: if you want more readers.

R23

Player 61 is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 10:22 PM
  #4
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
The site is dynamite

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 10:24 PM
  #5
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,850
vCash: 50
Awards:
Really happy to be a part of this! Site looks amazing and I look forward to working with everyone!

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 10:57 PM
  #6
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,123
vCash: 500
Good stuff. If I find the time to write up an article or two, would you guys consider publishing it (obviously it would have to be up to standards!)?

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 11:20 PM
  #7
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 50
very excited to be a part of this site will be very fun to make the videos and write some articles! love this site and hope you all will to

99GoHabsGo99 is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 11:22 PM
  #8
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Sounds interesting.

I will follow that.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 11:26 PM
  #9
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,642
vCash: 500
Looking good so far, I look forward to following it!

Et le But is online now  
Old
08-12-2011, 11:27 PM
  #10
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Good work guys!

Don't agree with that first article though

CTRL+D

Stradale is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 11:38 PM
  #11
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,460
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
So log in to www.habshq.com and enjoy!

First article is controversial too hahaha.
Let me start by saying awesome idea, nice logo. The first thing that stood out to me was the layout / design, it was really appealing and astheticly pleasing. It wasn't like most blogs, cluttered with ads, text and poor layout.

But I have repeatedly learnt that it's easier to bake with sugar than with salt. Apron Basu has quickly become my favourite Habs writer. Why, because he reports the news / tackles hard issues but finds a way to make something positive in his article.

Your first "too controversial" article was rag tabloid material at it's worst, sensationalist RDS and biased Russian journalism are of better quality.

Claiming a player with a 0.57 PG ratio is a 3rd liner at best is more along the lines of HF rant posters. If you want people to repeatedly come to you site, you'll build articles that intrigue people and get them to think instead of trying to appeal to the bash band wagon.

Seriously, I would sit down with your contributors and decide if you want to have standards or if you want to give freedom to your writers to act like bully's with low self esteem.

I think you guys have a great idea that could rival HIO for Habs fan to get perspective but the only way you'l gain credibility is by acting like journalists, you don't see Dave Stubbs taking pot shots at Habs players.

macavoy is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 11:44 PM
  #12
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Let me start by saying awesome idea, nice logo. The first thing that stood out to me was the layout / design, it was really appealing and astheticly pleasing. It wasn't like most blogs, cluttered with ads, text and poor layout.

But I have repeatedly learnt that it's easier to bake with sugar than with salt. Apron Basu has quickly become my favourite Habs writer. Why, because he reports the news / tackles hard issues but finds a way to make something positive in his article.

Your first "too controversial" article was rag tabloid material at it's worst, sensationalist RDS and biased Russian journalism are of better quality.

Claiming a player with a 0.57 PG ratio is a 3rd liner at best is more along the lines of HF rant posters. If you want people to repeatedly come to you site, you'll build articles that intrigue people and get them to think instead of trying to appeal to the bash band wagon.

Seriously, I would sit down with your contributors and decide if you want to have standards or if you want to give freedom to your writers to act like bully's with low self esteem.

I think you guys have a great idea that could rival HIO for Habs fan to get perspective but the only way you'l gain credibility is by acting like journalists, you don't see Dave Stubbs taking pot shots at Habs players.
What he said.

Also, please take no offense, in long-form posts YOU MUST BE CONCISE AND SHARP. There were way too many words in the first article to essentially say that we're all sick of Andrei Kostitsyn.

Looking forward to the site, I'm tired of HIO and I'd like to contribute at some point in the future.

Good luck!

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
08-12-2011, 11:47 PM
  #13
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Let me start by saying awesome idea, nice logo. The first thing that stood out to me was the layout / design, it was really appealing and astheticly pleasing. It wasn't like most blogs, cluttered with ads, text and poor layout.

But I have repeatedly learnt that it's easier to bake with sugar than with salt. Apron Basu has quickly become my favourite Habs writer. Why, because he reports the news / tackles hard issues but finds a way to make something positive in his article.

Your first "too controversial" article was rag tabloid material at it's worst, sensationalist RDS and biased Russian journalism are of better quality.

Claiming a player with a 0.57 PG ratio is a 3rd liner at best is more along the lines of HF rant posters. If you want people to repeatedly come to you site, you'll build articles that intrigue people and get them to think instead of trying to appeal to the bash band wagon.

Seriously, I would sit down with your contributors and decide if you want to have standards or if you want to give freedom to your writers to act like bully's with low self esteem.

I think you guys have a great idea that could rival HIO for Habs fan to get perspective but the only way you'l gain credibility is by acting like journalists, you don't see Dave Stubbs taking pot shots at Habs players.
I know what you are looking for and you will love the next article that has already been written.

HH is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 11:54 PM
  #14
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
What he said.

Also, please take no offense, in long-form posts YOU MUST BE CONCISE AND SHARP. There were way too many words in the first article to essentially say that we're all sick of Andrei Kostitsyn.

Looking forward to the site, I'm tired of HIO and I'd like to contribute at some point in the future.

Good luck!
It's their Inaugural post. Give them time, there will be more writers, don't always expect snow angels & candy canes. It's the Habs, there's always going to be some controversy.

I think they are on the right track.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
08-12-2011, 11:58 PM
  #15
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,447
vCash: 50
Thanks a lot guys

Jee is online now  
Old
08-12-2011, 11:59 PM
  #16
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
good luck with the site.

you'll know ''when you've made it'' once the Canadiens org. takes your domain name away.

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
08-13-2011, 12:01 AM
  #17
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
good luck with the site.

you'll know ''when you've made it'' once the Canadiens org. takes your domain name away.
haha, hopefully this does and doesn't happen ..

99GoHabsGo99 is offline  
Old
08-13-2011, 12:02 AM
  #18
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
good luck with the site.

you'll know ''when you've made it'' once the Canadiens org. takes your domain name away.
Are you suggesting if it Trends #HabsHQ then like the Gazoo it will become HockeyHQ? No way! it's a BLOG & that's private, the Gazoo got Advert Money that why HIO got forced by the NHL.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
08-13-2011, 12:03 AM
  #19
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
It's their Inaugural post. Give them time, there will be more writers, don't always expect snow angels & candy canes. It's the Habs, there's always going to be some controversy.

I think they are on the right track.
Most definitely.

Every blog needs to start with something no matter if it's controversial or not. Then, with the upcoming season, they will have a growth of articles and popularity. Maybe one of their articles will be featured on Puck Daddy or on a major media blog like that someday. That's what happened with our blog and we pretty much started our blog at the same time last year. Good luck guys!

Oh and like I said earlier, I will follow that for sure.


Last edited by Fel 96: 08-13-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Fel 96 is offline  
Old
08-13-2011, 12:20 AM
  #20
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I'n the spirit of the Leafs logo on the same BLOG concept. The designer took it & blew it out of the water, made it something old looking, simple & special.

Kept the little hump for the C.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
08-13-2011, 12:21 AM
  #21
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,001
vCash: 500
Regardless of what is written people will not like the articles.

The best way to try to write an article is from an unbiased perspective, not as a fan. It's not always easy, though.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
08-13-2011, 12:24 AM
  #22
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Regardless of what is written people will not like the articles.

The best way to try to write an article is from an unbiased perspective, not as a fan. It's not always easy, though.
But it's for fans, that's why it's a BLOG?

Player 61 is offline  
Old
08-13-2011, 12:30 AM
  #23
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,447
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
I'n the spirit of the Leafs logo on the same BLOG concept. The designer took it & blew it out of the water, made it something old looking, simple & special.

Kept the little hump for the C.
Jeffler based his leafs logos on mine.

Jee is online now  
Old
08-13-2011, 12:33 AM
  #24
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
But it's for fans, that's why it's a BLOG?
Yeah, but it'll always be a one sided blog.

If the person writing it doesn't like a player, or whatever it'll be full of negatives and won't even say the positives that player, or coach, or whatever brings.

I'm not sure about you, but if I wanted to read biased statements I'd read them here. Either my post, or someone else's.

An unbiased article, whether it be on a blog, or the habs website is always the best. Well, I guess I should say a sight that isn't the habs.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
08-13-2011, 12:50 AM
  #25
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,850
vCash: 50
Awards:
I believe our team offers diversity, which is nice to have. It tends to get boring if you have 5 writers that are all the same. Instead, at HabsHQ, we have opinionated writers, informative writers, humor-based writers and so on. We all have elements of each other, but have a major focus in one category.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.