HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[HabsHQ] All I Wanted for Christmas Is a New GM

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2011, 10:07 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
[HabsHQ] All I Wanted for Christmas Is a New GM

HABSHQ

Log on to www.habshq.com and enjoy!

Most recent articles:

1. Habs Prospects Rankings: December 5th-11th (Dec 12th; Nicolas)
2. Kaberle Impresses in Habs Win (Dec 10th; Shawn)
3. Tomas Haberle and the Departure of Jaroslav Spacek (Dec 9th; Jeff)
4. Post Game Report: Guess What? Blown Lead and SO Loss (Dec 8th; Harry)
5. Post Game Report: Habs Salvage Point Against NHL’s Worst (Dec 6th; Stefan)

Last edited by habsprospects: 12-12-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old
08-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Looks good! I love the subtle change in the logo by adding top part of the Habs C.

Old
08-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Keep it up guys. Like the Logo, looks old like an London Subway Tube sign... Leave that! & keep it up!

I'll share it on my Facebook. Take out the protection entry to share your link: if you want more readers.

R23

Old
08-12-2011, 10:22 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

The site is dynamite

Old
08-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Really happy to be a part of this! Site looks amazing and I look forward to working with everyone!

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
08-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good stuff. If I find the time to write up an article or two, would you guys consider publishing it (obviously it would have to be up to standards!)?

Old
08-12-2011, 11:20 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

very excited to be a part of this site will be very fun to make the videos and write some articles! love this site and hope you all will to

Old
08-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Sounds interesting.

I will follow that.

Old
08-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Et le But

Looking good so far, I look forward to following it!

Old
08-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Stradale

Good work guys!

Don't agree with that first article though

CTRL+D

Old
08-12-2011, 11:38 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
So log in to www.habshq.com and enjoy!

First article is controversial too hahaha.
Let me start by saying awesome idea, nice logo. The first thing that stood out to me was the layout / design, it was really appealing and astheticly pleasing. It wasn't like most blogs, cluttered with ads, text and poor layout.

But I have repeatedly learnt that it's easier to bake with sugar than with salt. Apron Basu has quickly become my favourite Habs writer. Why, because he reports the news / tackles hard issues but finds a way to make something positive in his article.

Your first "too controversial" article was rag tabloid material at it's worst, sensationalist RDS and biased Russian journalism are of better quality.

Claiming a player with a 0.57 PG ratio is a 3rd liner at best is more along the lines of HF rant posters. If you want people to repeatedly come to you site, you'll build articles that intrigue people and get them to think instead of trying to appeal to the bash band wagon.

Seriously, I would sit down with your contributors and decide if you want to have standards or if you want to give freedom to your writers to act like bully's with low self esteem.

I think you guys have a great idea that could rival HIO for Habs fan to get perspective but the only way you'l gain credibility is by acting like journalists, you don't see Dave Stubbs taking pot shots at Habs players.

Old
08-12-2011, 11:44 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Let me start by saying awesome idea, nice logo. The first thing that stood out to me was the layout / design, it was really appealing and astheticly pleasing. It wasn't like most blogs, cluttered with ads, text and poor layout.

But I have repeatedly learnt that it's easier to bake with sugar than with salt. Apron Basu has quickly become my favourite Habs writer. Why, because he reports the news / tackles hard issues but finds a way to make something positive in his article.

Your first "too controversial" article was rag tabloid material at it's worst, sensationalist RDS and biased Russian journalism are of better quality.

Claiming a player with a 0.57 PG ratio is a 3rd liner at best is more along the lines of HF rant posters. If you want people to repeatedly come to you site, you'll build articles that intrigue people and get them to think instead of trying to appeal to the bash band wagon.

Seriously, I would sit down with your contributors and decide if you want to have standards or if you want to give freedom to your writers to act like bully's with low self esteem.

I think you guys have a great idea that could rival HIO for Habs fan to get perspective but the only way you'l gain credibility is by acting like journalists, you don't see Dave Stubbs taking pot shots at Habs players.
What he said.

Also, please take no offense, in long-form posts YOU MUST BE CONCISE AND SHARP. There were way too many words in the first article to essentially say that we're all sick of Andrei Kostitsyn.

Looking forward to the site, I'm tired of HIO and I'd like to contribute at some point in the future.

Good luck!

Old
08-12-2011, 11:47 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post

I know what you are looking for and you will love the next article that has already been written.

Old
08-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
What he said.

Also, please take no offense, in long-form posts YOU MUST BE CONCISE AND SHARP. There were way too many words in the first article to essentially say that we're all sick of Andrei Kostitsyn.

Looking forward to the site, I'm tired of HIO and I'd like to contribute at some point in the future.

Good luck!
It's their Inaugural post. Give them time, there will be more writers, don't always expect snow angels & candy canes. It's the Habs, there's always going to be some controversy.

I think they are on the right track.

Old
08-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Thanks a lot guys

Old
08-12-2011, 11:59 PM
coolasprICE

good luck with the site.

you'll know ''when you've made it'' once the Canadiens org. takes your domain name away.

Old
08-13-2011, 12:01 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
good luck with the site.

you'll know ''when you've made it'' once the Canadiens org. takes your domain name away.
haha, hopefully this does and doesn't happen ..

Old
08-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
good luck with the site.

Are you suggesting if it Trends #HabsHQ then like the Gazoo it will become HockeyHQ? No way! it's a BLOG & that's private, the Gazoo got Advert Money that why HIO got forced by the NHL.

Old
08-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
It's their Inaugural post. Give them time, there will be more writers, don't always expect snow angels & candy canes. It's the Habs, there's always going to be some controversy.

I think they are on the right track.
Most definitely.

Every blog needs to start with something no matter if it's controversial or not. Then, with the upcoming season, they will have a growth of articles and popularity. Maybe one of their articles will be featured on Puck Daddy or on a major media blog like that someday. That's what happened with our blog and we pretty much started our blog at the same time last year. Good luck guys!

Oh and like I said earlier, I will follow that for sure.

Last edited by Fel 96: 08-13-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old
08-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Player 61
#Winning

I'n the spirit of the Leafs logo on the same BLOG concept. The designer took it & blew it out of the water, made it something old looking, simple & special.

Kept the little hump for the C.

Old
08-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Regardless of what is written people will not like the articles.

The best way to try to write an article is from an unbiased perspective, not as a fan. It's not always easy, though.

Old
08-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Regardless of what is written people will not like the articles.

The best way to try to write an article is from an unbiased perspective, not as a fan. It's not always easy, though.
But it's for fans, that's why it's a BLOG?

Old
08-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
I'n the spirit of the Leafs logo on the same BLOG concept. The designer took it & blew it out of the water, made it something old looking, simple & special.

Kept the little hump for the C.
Jeffler based his leafs logos on mine.

Old
08-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
But it's for fans, that's why it's a BLOG?
Yeah, but it'll always be a one sided blog.

If the person writing it doesn't like a player, or whatever it'll be full of negatives and won't even say the positives that player, or coach, or whatever brings.

I'm not sure about you, but if I wanted to read biased statements I'd read them here. Either my post, or someone else's.

An unbiased article, whether it be on a blog, or the habs website is always the best. Well, I guess I should say a sight that isn't the habs.

Old
08-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
I believe our team offers diversity, which is nice to have. It tends to get boring if you have 5 writers that are all the same. Instead, at HabsHQ, we have opinionated writers, informative writers, humor-based writers and so on. We all have elements of each other, but have a major focus in one category.

Closed Thread