HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season III

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2011, 09:50 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Volchenkov View Post
renhockey Renaud P Lavoie
#devils Peter Harrold 1 year / 550 000 (2 way)

Looks like a AHL signing. We have a million 7th defenseman. Quick run down anyone?
He's actually a pretty decent dman. He's smart, plays a steady game and gives 100% every game. I don't know how deep you guys are on defense but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him make your team.

Old
08-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Horrible pass by Harry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEgpM...eature=related

Old
08-12-2011, 10:50 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Yikes, not one of his best moments.

But anyway...Good luck to Harry. Even when it was obvious that he was no longer really a piece that fit in the team he still always kept it light and kept it going. Because of NJ's defense issues, I actually think he might see some minutes as the number 6 guy there. Better as a 7, but hopefully he does well.

I hope Drewiskie is the next to get traded, because that would mean one of Muzzin/Voinov will finally get their chance to stick around with the team.

Old
08-13-2011, 02:08 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Yikes, not one of his best moments.

But anyway...Good luck to Harry. Even when it was obvious that he was no longer really a piece that fit in the team he still always kept it light and kept it going. Because of NJ's defense issues, I actually think he might see some minutes as the number 6 guy there. Better as a 7, but hopefully he does well.

I hope Drewiskie is the next to get traded, because that would mean one of Muzzin/Voinov will finally get their chance to stick around with the team.
Bolded would be ideal.

Old
08-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Martyros

Drewiske is the type of player that seems to be decent as a number 6 as long as he keeps getting dressed; keep him out for 2-3 games and all-round suckage is thrown out on the ice when he gets back in. Atleast Harrold wasn't like that, ya he gave out that pass but how many times have yelled at your tv because of him?

Old
08-13-2011, 03:07 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Drewiske is the type of player that seems to be decent as a number 6 as long as he keeps getting dressed; keep him out for 2-3 games and all-round suckage is thrown out on the ice when he gets back in. Atleast Harrold wasn't like that, ya he gave out that pass but how many times have yelled at your tv because of him?
Other than the Bobby Ryan debacle, very true.

Old
08-13-2011, 03:50 AM
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

Why not do
3rd
Cliffy-Stoll-Richy
4th
Parse-Lokti-Lewis

Just roll 4 lines because our first 3 lines are capable of stopping top lines.

Old
08-13-2011, 04:08 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Hell no for a 4th line. You need an energy line that can actually hit. Lewis can't but he's willing to try. I honestly don't even think Parse plays 40 games for the Kings this year, and thats me being optimistic. He SCREAMS Purcell 2.0 to me. He needs to be in a top 6 role, which he won't be unless someone goes down.

Right now the way I see it is I GUESS Richardson as the 3rd line RW. So we need a 4th line LWer. Clune, King maybe, Andreoff, Nolan should all vie for that role. Then Westgarth and Lewis. Those guys can all hit people, stir things up, and get some energy going. Thats what your 4th line needs to be, not another scoring line. I'm not supporting Westgarth playing at all but its ****ing Murray as the tard calling the shots so you know he's going to play. If I had it my way, Westgarth would be traded for Futures to whoever wants him and we ice a 4th line of people who can actually play and are willing to fight, not a guy who ONLY fights.

Old
08-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Sounds like the top 6 will look like:

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
Gagne-Richards-Williams

At least at the start of the season, according to Murray.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
08-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Sounds like the top 6 will look like:

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
Gagne-Richards-Williams

At least at the start of the season, according to Murray.

Thanks for that. As if the lines are going to be static for more than a period at a time.

BTW, where/when did Murray says this?

Old
08-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

Thanks for that. As if the lines are going to be static for more than a period at a time.

BTW, where/when did Murray says this?
It's an older article, but it seems like those are the pairings he is leaning towards initially, but he has already said they will change and rotate a bit.

http://www.mayorsmanor.com/2011/07/l...-juggling.html

Penner-Kopitar and Gagne-Richards are locks. Brown and Williams will be switched about, but it comes off as leaning towards Kopitar-Brown, and Richards-Williams at first. Doesn't matter, but it would be nice to see if Williams' friendship with Gagne can carry over some chemistry.

Old
08-13-2011, 04:25 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
It's an older article, but it seems like those are the pairings he is leaning towards initially, but he has already said they will change and rotate a bit.

Penner-Kopitar and Gagne-Richards are locks. Brown and Williams will be switched about, but it comes off as leaning towards Kopitar-Brown, and Richards-Williams at first. Doesn't matter, but it would be nice to see if Williams' friendship with Gagne can carry over some chemistry.
I think Brown winds up more on the 2nd line due to his style of play. Penner technically is a power forward as is Brown so to have them both on one line with finesse players Willams and Gagne on the other seems strange. No point in arguing though cause we all know line combos mean nothing to Murray, he's the king of 3 card monte.

Old
08-13-2011, 04:30 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I wouldn't mind our bottom 6 of this combo:

Clifford-Stoll-Nolan/Lewis
King-Richie-Lewis/Nolan

Old
08-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:

Ah, okay, thought there was some new news. I'm sure Murray has already changed his mind 20 times since that article.

I don't think he can screw up the top six as long as he keeps them in the top 6. The bottom six is where it will get interesting with his choices.

Old
08-13-2011, 04:38 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I think Brown winds up more on the 2nd line due to his style of play. Penner technically is a power forward as is Brown so to have them both on one line with finesse players Willams and Gagne on the other seems strange. No point in arguing though cause we all know line combos mean nothing to Murray, he's the king of 3 card monte.
I realize the definition of power forward isn't set in stone, but I don't think Penner qualifies. You gotta have more than just size and decent offensive ability.

Old
08-13-2011, 05:15 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I realize the definition of power forward isn't set in stone, but I don't think Penner qualifies. You gotta have more than just size and decent offensive ability.
I agree, that's why I put "technically". I don't think the Kings are hoping he plays a soft perimeter game this season.

Old
08-13-2011, 06:59 PM
KingCanadain1976

Been away for 31 hours any news on drew? Btw harrold signing with nj made this king fan happy I yelled at my computer and tv serveral time because of him. As of right now i don't have a person i dont like on the team ( thinking maybe richardson will become it)

Old
08-13-2011, 07:40 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsdzyuk View Post
Why not do
3rd
Cliffy-Stoll-Richy
4th
Parse-Lokti-Lewis

Just roll 4 lines because our first 3 lines are capable of stopping top lines.
Man, that is one small, brittle 4th line. Hope they don't "break."

Old
08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Johnny Utah

The Penner-Kopitar-Williams line was amazing before Williams and then Kopi went down, I'm sure they will keep that together.

Gagne and Richards are a lock and Brown brings grit to that line. I don't think Murray wants to put all the size and hitting together with Penner-Kopitar-Brown and then the bridle line of Gagne-Richards-Williams...but who knows...

Old
08-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
The Penner-Kopitar-Williams line was amazing before Williams and then Kopi went down, I'm sure they will keep that together.

Gagne and Richards are a lock and Brown brings grit to that line. I don't think Murray wants to put all the size and hitting together with Penner-Kopitar-Brown and then the bridle line of Gagne-Richards-Williams...but who knows...
I wouldn't consider Kopitar, Penner, or Williams grit. But Richards and Brown are grit. Williams and Gagne are good friends too. I think they will be swapped depending on the occasion.

Old
08-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Josh Rimer
@JoshRimerHockey
Also hearing from 3 sources now that Sidney Crosby won't b ready 2 start season. I hope its not true because the NHL needs its best players!
15 minutes ago via web
That would suck for the NHL.

Old
08-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Gonna have to find a new poster boy, his career could be done.

Old
08-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
As much as I hate the guy, I really hope he doesn't turn into the next Lindros.

Old
08-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
You know it will be Toews.

Last edited by Sydor25: 08-14-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old
08-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:

I don't understand. Why doesn't the NHL just do this? If somebody "head-shots" somebody else, either INTENTIONALLY or ACCIDENTALLY, then the guy who delivers the blow has to sit out (unpaid) until the guy who's concussed returns. I guarantee you, the concussions would become all but extinct in our sport.

Closed Thread