HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cody Franson and C Matthew Lombardi for D Brett Lebda and F Robert Slaney

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2011, 02:00 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelGriffith View Post
This guy gives leaf fans a bad name, don't believe in sucking up to other teams. You guts got absolutely fleeced and that's the end of it. Sorry...but not really.
And you make us look better by gloating about it?

Hmm...

Old
08-13-2011, 02:35 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelGriffith View Post
This guy gives leaf fans a bad name, don't believe in sucking up to other teams. You guts got absolutely fleeced and that's the end of it. Sorry...but not really.
Unfortunately, every team has a group of so called fans who press their forehead against their own prostate that it impairs their thought process. You are a prime example of one such so called Leafs fan.

Old
08-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Firestorm

So were we duped into thinking that Lombardi could never play again?

Old
08-13-2011, 03:01 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

If his "remaining discomfort" isn't from the concussion then what is the cause? Has he begun to work out? Has he skated? So far there is nothing but the usual talk of a player saying he'll be back with none of the observable indicators.

Old
08-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Poile's Summer Thus far

He dumped Sully and Dumont.

He traded Lombardi, Franson, and a 4th round pick (Leafs will play Lombardi 59 games instead of surrendering a pick) for a million dollar loss and Robert Slaney??

He convinced Craig Smith to leave UW to turn Pro.

He almost let all of the Preds RFA's become UFA's

He took Weber to arbitration and potentially ruined his relationship with the team, instead of just matching an offer-sheet.

He's racked up high scores on Angry Birds instead of trying to fix the nonexistent Offense.

He's is now telling us that all of our Sophomore and Rookie Forwards are ready to have Breakout years. He's been predicting a Breakout year for Legwand for 11+ years BTW

Face it No moves are coming the roster is set and We'll be lucky to finish 12th in the WC this season. Anybody have a list for the top 10 for the 2012 draft.

Old
08-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfanman View Post
As I said, I think that most Leaf fans are reasonable, it's a small portion that give us a bad name
Any fan base has idiots. The Canadian bias against "non-traditional" teams is just stupid though. A lot of people have no idea what a well run franchise the Preds actually are.

Old
08-13-2011, 03:55 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Poile's Summer Thus far

He dumped Sully and Dumont.
Both demonstrated a steep decline in performance over the past three years. What reason was there to keep them?

Quote:
He traded Lombardi, Franson, and a 4th round pick (Leafs will play Lombardi 59 games instead of surrendering a pick) for a million dollar loss and Robert Slaney??
We sent over $3.7mil to the Leafs after the buyout. The pick is a matter of contention, but, I'm not doubting it cost us Franson and a 4th to clear that much money and open up some room for Josi, Ellis, Ekholm.

Quote:
He convinced Craig Smith to leave UW to turn Pro.
Worst case, Milwaukee gets a forward. Best case, the Preds get the player we saw at the Worlds.

Quote:
He almost let all of the Preds RFA's become UFA's
Still no credible basis for this. The union filed a grievance with no finding against the team and the league claimed all procedures were followed.

Quote:
He took Weber to arbitration and potentially ruined his relationship with the team, instead of just matching an offer-sheet.
Poile could have handled it better, but, Weber isn't lily white here.

Quote:
He's racked up high scores on Angry Birds instead of trying to fix the nonexistent Offense.
Proof?

Quote:
He's is now telling us that all of our Sophomore and Rookie Forwards are ready to have Breakout years. He's been predicting a Breakout year for Legwand for 11+ years BTW
Yet Legwand remains right on average for pay to performance.

Quote:
Face it No moves are coming the roster is set and We'll be lucky to finish 12th in the WC this season. Anybody have a list for the top 10 for the 2012 draft.
I hear there's a Lombardi pulled bandwagon in Toronto.

Every year the Preds are written off, yet they've missed the playoffs once since 03-04. We're never the dynamic, flashy team but somehow this group of misfits keeps winning hockey games. Could be the Flames ... spend to the cap and miss the playoffs. The Ducks with a high scoring offense and no defense or depth in goal. The Rangers or Leafs with their decades of woe. The Jackets with no playoff wins in history. "We're never going to make a move" ... "woe is us" .... "we're gonna suck" .... maybe if you keep predicting it you'll be right one day.

Old
08-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If his "remaining discomfort" isn't from the concussion then what is the cause? Has he begun to work out? Has he skated? So far there is nothing but the usual talk of a player saying he'll be back with none of the observable indicators.
Mike Van Ryn, a leaf's defenseman who was concussed, also appeared at camp a year or two ago. He then sat for the remainder of the year with symptoms. I'm not saying this will be the case with Lombardi, but players usually attend camp despite their setbacks just to see where they're at in terms of recovery. I still don't expect him to play until december/january.

Old
08-13-2011, 06:32 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
So were we duped into thinking that Lombardi could never play again?
it's starting to look that way according to Lombardi himself and Brian Burke

Old
08-13-2011, 06:34 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Mike Van Ryn, a leaf's defenseman who was concussed, also appeared at camp a year or two ago. He then sat for the remainder of the year with symptoms. I'm not saying this will be the case with Lombardi, but players usually attend camp despite their setbacks just to see where they're at in terms of recovery. I still don't expect him to play until december/january.
the difference is Van Ryn's symptoms neer went away most reports coming out now are that Lombaedi's are disappearing and that any discomfort he feels now is not concussion related

Old
08-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
this

if Lombardi is able to play great, if not that's fine (as long as he's healthy)

hopefully Franson plays well in Toronto... he should be fine imo

Old
08-13-2011, 06:40 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
the difference is Van Ryn's symptoms neer went away most reports coming out now are that Lombaedi's are disappearing and that any discomfort he feels now is not concussion related
that is the most bizarro statement in this whole thing... the guy has done nothing but sit on his ass for 10 months... so what else could he be hurting from? splinters?? Menstrual cramps??

I personally hope Lombardi manages to play the necessary games to make a draft pick come our way not vice versa

Old
08-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
that is the most bizarro statement in this whole thing... the guy has done nothing but sit on his ass for 10 months... so what else could he be hurting from? splinters?? Menstrual cramps??

I personally hope Lombardi manages to play the necessary games to make a draft pick come our way not vice versa
what pick is it? (im pretty sure its a 2013 4th ? am i right? )

Old
08-13-2011, 06:52 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

The last time the Leafs traded for a player with concussion problems was Exelby. You guys thought you fleeced the Thrashers. How'd that turn out??

Old
08-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I've had enough of the trolling and flaming from both sides of this and those contributions from third parties. Lebda has since been bought out by the Predators and Slaney will likely suit up for our ECHL team if he's lucky...therefore, our end of the deal is complete.

If you'd like to talk about Franson or Lombardi as it pertains to the Maple Leafs, please do so in the General Preds thread or the Around the NHL thread. Thanks!

Closed Thread