HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Who does AA remind you of?

Old
08-12-2011, 11:10 PM
darko

vCash: 500
I agree with people who said Antropov.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Still can't figure out what it is about him, but he just reminds me of Artem Anisimov. Can't figure out why though... God this will have me thinking for a while

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Anisimov is an enigma it seems. No one can quiet put a finger on who he compairs to. He has a lot of great qualities and I am excited to watch him continue to grow and get better.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 11:37 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Artem Anisimov is seemingly a potpourri of player types.

I agree that he has the body mold of a Nik Antropov, but he is slightly faster. So in that regard while his body type might be like Nik's he has speed more closely related to a Pavel Datsyuk. Not as fast as Pavel, but the footwork for Arty is definitely there.

In terms of a defender, he reminds me of a bigger Dave Bolland with his aggressive back check. He can be a pest defensively sometimes to the offensive players.

Offense will really determine what type of player he can develop into. If he can consistently play like he did where he would be dominant for 2 to 3 games at a time and where he would demand the puck then he can be a Datsyuk-lite caliber player.

That stickhandle move against Boston really shows me how much untapped potential the guy really has. Should he be able to harness that consistently, then 60-70 points isn't out of the question. Especially playing with people like Dubinsky and Callahan.

If he can't find a way to master his offensive talents consistently to the point where he keeps easily getting knocked off the puck, I see him as a more offensive, better defensive version of Nik Antropov with slightly more speed.

08-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post

I agree that he has the body mold of a Nik Antropov, but he is slightly faster. So in that regard while his body type might be like Nik's he has speed more closely related to a Pavel Datsyuk. Not as fast as Pavel, but the footwork for Arty is definitely there.

In terms of a defender, he reminds me of a bigger Dave Bolland with his aggressive back check. He can be a pest defensively sometimes to the offensive players.

Offense will really determine what type of player he can develop into. If he can consistently play like he did where he would be dominant for 2 to 3 games at a time and where he would demand the puck then he can be a Datsyuk-lite caliber player.

That stickhandle move against Boston really shows me how much untapped potential the guy really has. Should he be able to harness that consistently, then 60-70 points isn't out of the question. Especially playing with people like Dubinsky and Callahan.

If he can't find a way to master his offensive talents consistently to the point where he keeps easily getting knocked off the puck, I see him as a more offensive, better defensive version of Nik Antropov with slightly more speed.

i wouldnt be surprise if he is as good as Johan Franzen.. i hope he is better than Antropov. Antropov is a good player but too inconsistant. Anisimov seems like a much more of a hard worker on the ice..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:59 AM
Scotty Hockey

Vladimir Vorobiev.

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 11:32 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Hockey View Post
Vladimir Vorobiev.
Vorobiev.... Now that name is a BLAST from the PAST!

AA seems similar to a Handzus type of player.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:11 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
Him scoring 60 points and him playing with Rupp and Prust are mutually exclusive. One will never EVER happen at the same time as the other.

I'd also hesitate before calling it "magic", just b/c they were a good forechecking/puck possession line that looked even better b/c every other line was sh*tting the bed. The 4th line is below AA at this point in his development.
not saying they have to, but given Torts line shuffling, at some point, it would be nice to see that combo just to see if it catches fire. Who knows? Shelley-AA-Prust were like on fire in the last 10 or so. Regardless how bad other lines were, if you are going - ah frak. i'll just look it up.

Last 10 games of 2010 season
AA had 2 goal, 5 assists
Prust had 3 goals, 3 assists
Shelley had 2 goals, 3 assists
total 8 goals, 11 assists over 10 games. almost 2 points per game for your fourth line. I think if informed anyone Jody Shelley was playing at a 0.5 ppg clip, they would indeed call magical.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:20 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I agree with people who said Antropov.
I'm going to go with this. AA has a similar accurate wrist shot and slightly better dangle than Antropov. And like Antropov, 55-65 point player is probably his ceiling unless he gets paired with a player who can help pad his stats. Not sure how long it will take him to reach that ceiling. He'll need some sort of John Leclair-esque epiphany and/or the fore mentioned magic pairing to exceed my expectations.

Old
08-14-2011, 04:58 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post

I personally think Datsyuk is a lot faster than Anisimov, and again, don't understand why his name even comes into play. Is Datsyuk the first two way russian forward to ever play????

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 04:59 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
not saying they have to, but given Torts line shuffling, at some point, it would be nice to see that combo just to see if it catches fire. Who knows? Shelley-AA-Prust were like on fire in the last 10 or so. Regardless how bad other lines were, if you are going - ah frak. i'll just look it up.

Last 10 games of 2010 season
AA had 2 goal, 5 assists
Prust had 3 goals, 3 assists
Shelley had 2 goals, 3 assists
total 8 goals, 11 assists over 10 games. almost 2 points per game for your fourth line. I think if informed anyone Jody Shelley was playing at a 0.5 ppg clip, they would indeed call magical.
that's a very small sample size.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I personally think Datsyuk is a lot faster than Anisimov, and again, don't understand why his name even comes into play. Is Datsyuk the first two way russian forward to ever play????
They don't play alike IMO. He's more like Kopitar and if he can start muscling guys off the boards, they are pretty much the same player. (Of course Kopitar is more skilled, but defensively, both excellent 2-way players)

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 05:34 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Not an original thought but I've heard Steve Rucchin mentioned in the past and that's as good as I can come up with. Similar body type and game.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 07:02 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
that's a very small sample size.
unless you are trying to make a point i'm not catching on, I would say "same to you buddy." read previous posts.

Old
08-14-2011, 07:56 PM
The Mouth

Walt Tkaczuk

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 07:59 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
Walt Tkaczuk
Tkachuk is much closer to a Callahan/Dubinsky comparable.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 12:01 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Tkachuk is much closer to a Callahan/Dubinsky comparable.
While all show hustle, and some grit, Cally/Dubi rely more on that speed (as you would expect from a W, i.e., Fairbarn, Ballon, Vickers). AA, like Walt Tkachuk, shows he is also an accomplished grinder.

Agree with The Mouth

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:38 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Not an original thought but I've heard Steve Rucchin mentioned in the past and that's as good as I can come up with. Similar body type and game.
I agree. IMO, he is between Ruccin and Brad Richards of 2001. He is a NA product. Similarity to Russians is limited to his accent.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Artem Anisimov

Anisimov reminds me of Datsyuk, but obviously worse.

Anisimov could be as good as Datsyuk in the future, as Datsyuk progressed sort-of like Artie has so far in his career. I dont think he will be as good as him, but he plays the game like Datsyuk just a little slower.

Artem Anisimov is offline   Reply With Quote