HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Locker Room Documentary?

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a Habs locker room documentary?
Yes 67 84.81%
No 12 15.19%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Damn now I really want to see a Documentary style show for the upcoming training camp.

It'd be real cool seeing these guys gear up for the season, watching the rookies try and make a good impression, the locker room stuff would be more relaxed during exhibition, plus it'd give some insight into the minds of Yemelin and Avtsin.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:21 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Guys keep saying they'll be buzzing around and distraction. Not really. The cameras are in place and these guys are pro. They've been in front of cameras all the time. Matter of fact, I think this would keep the negative media limited because they'll be focused on the documentary instead of drumming up stupid rumours.

If you still think it's a distraction, just go watch Oil Change. It's not really intrusive. You have to understand that if someone doesn't want something on tape/is uncomfortable, they'll edit it out. Simple.

EDIT: Yup. Training camp and Hamilton would be a good idea too. Maybe it could be more about that than during the season, if people insist it would be a distraction.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:52 PM
GordonGraham

that would be great theres one called the franchise running this summer about the SF giants

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 02:21 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

All you nay-sayers have you even seen the documentaries I mentioned? Again, there isn't really a show to put on. It's what they do every day with a couple of interviews on the side.

Old
08-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Guys keep saying they'll be buzzing around and distraction. Not really. The cameras are in place and these guys are pro. They've been in front of cameras all the time. Matter of fact, I think this would keep the negative media limited because they'll be focused on the documentary instead of drumming up stupid rumours.

If you still think it's a distraction, just go watch Oil Change. It's not really intrusive. You have to understand that if someone doesn't want something on tape/is uncomfortable, they'll edit it out. Simple.

EDIT: Yup. Training camp and Hamilton would be a good idea too. Maybe it could be more about that than during the season, if people insist it would be a distraction.

Exactly. If anything it would drum up a more positive atmosphere for the sake of an entertaining family-friendly documentary. People who say the cameras & questions would be too much of a distraction: Hello...? Have you SEEN post-game interviews? Post-practice interviews? Pre-brunch and post-lunch, during-a-dump and while-you-sleep interviews? One extra broadcasting crew for a few weeks would make about Zero impact on what you are arguing is the number one reason not to do it. It would be historical and amazing. Get on board!

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 10:19 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
this would be awesome! i loved the 24/7 caps/pens

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
MasterD

I would be ABSOLUTELY THRILLED to see this... but I'm afraid it would cause more havoc in this room which has proven to be fragile in the last 15 years. Sure, the last 2-3 years we seem to have a more stable and level headed core, but still... there's enough media coverage around this team already.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
No. Teams who put on shows for the camera suck. It takes focus off of the hockey.
Agreed. Plus some things in life should remain a mystery...

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 04:36 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
I would be ABSOLUTELY THRILLED to see this... but I'm afraid it would cause more havoc in this room which has proven to be fragile in the last 15 years. Sure, the last 2-3 years we seem to have a more stable and level headed core, but still... there's enough media coverage around this team already.
We have terrible coverage. The media attention/focus is there, but it's seeking the **** rather than going for unbiased journalistic reporting.

This idea btw has very little to do with the media. Obviously there will be cameras, mics, etc., but this isn't about your typical RDS, TSN, CBC ******** interviews/nitpicking. This is basically a fly-on-the-wall sort of voyeur experience with a couple of short interviews in the middle. Lots of narration too. The crew would be hired by the org probably and it wouldn't be those hacks we call journalists... except for Arpon Basu, I really don't give a **** about Canadiens journalists.

The team looks good. They look like a team. The centennial year, they didn't. Before that, it was alright, but I didn't get that all for one-one for all feeling. Sure we're gonna have rookies make mistakes, get benched, get into hockey fights in training, etc. and that's normal. The team just doesn't seem divided and if it secretly IS... well I wanna know about it.

Old
08-12-2011, 08:23 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I think it would be fantastic! It's a great peek into the team dynamics. Who the clowns are, who's vocal on the bench and at practice. Is Jacques Martin capable of lighting a fire under anybody? It's really cool to see in Oil Change and Pens/Caps 24/7

Also, I think it would make it a LOT harder to hate Gomez, I still would, but it would be hard because he's such a good guy.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Does anyone remember or seen the old documentary when the Oilers played a Game at the Forum in Montreal years ago?. Charbo scored a break away & Sather & Messier kept complaining that they couldn't communicate, because the Organ at the Old Forum was too load.

It was awesome, the atmosphere from the point of view of the players was tremendous! If we could get the name, I recommend all fans watch it!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 09:53 PM
NJHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan Zainullin View Post
I'm a big documentary guy, I would love to see one on just about any team.

If you havent seen it yet you should check out "Junior", it's on itunes, it follows baie comeau in the quebec league for a season a few years ago. "The Chiefs" was entertaining also.

Thanks for the heads up on that documentary I thought it was a Great watch. The Chiefs I wasn't able to watch just some hi-lites and it didn't look as interesting. But "Junior" was Great, If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear it.

NJHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 11:05 PM
MrExpos

I recommend the "Au nom du sport" documentary to those who speak french. You can watch all the episodes at http://aunomdusport.telequebec.tv .

MrExpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 04:08 AM
NJHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrExpos View Post
I recommend the "Au nom du sport" documentary to those who speak french. You can watch all the episodes at http://aunomdusport.telequebec.tv .
No subtitles ....bush league.

NJHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 07:44 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan Zainullin View Post
I'm a big documentary guy, I would love to see one on just about any team.

If you havent seen it yet you should check out "Junior", it's on itunes, it follows baie comeau in the quebec league for a season a few years ago. "The Chiefs" was entertaining also.
Just watched Junior today, it was very enjoyable, thanks!

Kind of funny to look up those players afterwards, for who the coach shows so much hope for their future, and see they end up in the Central Hockey League or in Europe... or nowhere.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 08:10 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJHABSFAN View Post
No subtitles ....bush league.
He said it was for those who spoke french, what the **** did you expect?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He said it was for those who spoke french, what the **** did you expect?
I think you should turn up your sarcasm detector...

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Habs 1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I wish the Habs organization could do something like the Wild is actually doing someday.
Just watched all 4 Wild episodes - very entertaining. Love these kind of documentaries and you learn a lot from teams you normally wouldn't hear from like Minnesota.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote