Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 500
Here's a Medveščak Zagreb fan.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 12:59 PM
zorz

Will be exciting to follow the first Czech club in EBEL, HC Znojemsti Orli. Their U20 team has won Czech Junior Extraliga in 10/11 and I think it could be interesting to see what some of these young players can do in this league.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Will be exciting to follow the first Czech club in EBEL, HC Znojemsti Orli. Their U20 team has won Czech Junior Extraliga in 10/11 and I think it could be interesting to see what some of these young players can do in this league.
I agree they are going to bring another dimension to EBEL.

Old
11-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Necro thread!....

...because my local team Medvescak is on a 5-game winning streak.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:08 PM
cutchemist42

My mom is Croatian so i check in on what Zagreb is doing in the league. I'm thinking of even buying a jersey or shirt soon since I love the logo!

cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 02:56 AM
LF13
Rookie User

Olimpija Ljubljana is the best

Anyone else pissed of about the penalty for Olimpija (looking at you non-austrians...)?

LF13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 08:51 AM
torero

Interesting tournament.

Why is their nos Swiss team in it ?

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Kiraly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LF13 View Post
Olimpija Ljubljana is the best

Anyone else pissed of about the penalty for Olimpija (looking at you non-austrians...)?
I don't feel it is too severe. For blatantly throwing the game, Ljubljana was fined 10,000 euros, the goalie (Pintaric) received a 6 game suspension and the coach gets three games.

It was a bush-league move which only damages the reputation of the league. I think the punishment was warranted.

Consider what would happen if an NHL goaltender pulled that move in a shootout. How would the NHL executive react?

Advance video to the 4:40 mark

Kiraly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Purple hippo

Though they could of hide the fact they were trying to throw the match a little better, the ruling is a complete joke..so Salzburg gets punished less for not even showing up for a play-off match then Olimpija does for purposely throwing a match? Makes tons of sense, one would believe refusing to show up for a play-off match is way more bush league then tactics to avoid a certain opponent. The EBEL seems to make alot of biased rulings against Non-Austrian clubs...

I also like to question the Vienna match, Jesenice was somewhat competitive throughout the Qualification Group then all of a sudden they give up 11 goals to help Vienna get into the play-offs, alright. Im surprised Graz didnt make a "come back" on VSV to kick Znojmo out of the play-offs.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

The EBEL playoffs are starting today and Medvescak is playing against HC Orli Znojmo, I'm hoping for a sweep or a 4 -1 series win in Medvescak's favor, especially since Znojmo will play their 3rd string goalie. Medvescak has the two best remaining goalies in the playoffs with Ouzas and Kristan and those two should be a huge plus in their playoffs run.

KAC and RBS series should be a fun one, since there's no love lost between those two teams, but KAC isn't playing to good and RBS is a really dangerous team that upgraded their goaltending by signing Marty Turco.

Linz vs Vienna could be interesting if Vienna's stars (Gratton, Fortier, Bjornlie) come back to life, if they don't it'll be an easy series win for Linz.

And last but not least, Olimpija's playing against ALBA Volan. ALBA should be able to win this series because of injurys on Olimpija's roster.

Here's the article about the Medvescak vs Znojmo series.

http://www.erstebankliga.at/en/news/...rterfinal_game

Old
02-22-2012, 10:23 AM
LF13
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraly View Post
I don't feel it is too severe. For blatantly throwing the game, Ljubljana was fined 10,000 euros, the goalie (Pintaric) received a 6 game suspension and the coach gets three games.

It was a bush-league move which only damages the reputation of the league. I think the punishment was warranted.

Consider what would happen if an NHL goaltender pulled that move in a shootout. How would the NHL executive react?

Advance video to the 4:40 mark
Firstly, let me first comment on the shoot out - Pintarič thought on the second goal that the referee blew the whistle and that the penalty shot would be repeated, but they said good goal and that mad Pintarič very angry so for the third attempt he just skated out out of a protest (your video at 4:40). The protest were very clear to both sides.

Secondly, the punishment just doesn't make any sense. Last year Pierre Page turned around the bus of Salzburg players and they didn't play a play-off game in Ljubljana. What was the penalty? 5000€ (for Red Bull = nothing) and a suspension for the team leader and not Pierre Page who was responsible for everything... This year all of a sudden Olimpija gets a ridiculous penalty for not a foul play - in the rulebook it doesn't say how the goalie must make saves in the shoot out. We all know why Olimpija received such a penalty - the Austrian big 2 are playing in quarter finals already.

And lastly, Olimpija je iz Ljubljane, Olimpija najboljša je, Olimpija sveto ime je, zate mi bije srce! (use google translate)

Old
03-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Medo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzsgpRTzAs

Tonight in Zagreb.

Medo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
LF13
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo View Post
This was one of the first times I was for Medveščak. I hope that if Olimpija is unable to win the EBEL, which they probably (95%) won't, that another non-austrian team wins, so Zig zag Medveščak!

Old
04-01-2012, 10:58 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Over and done. Congrats to Linz! Champions 2011-2012, win the series 4-1 and the game 3-1 in the EBEL Finals against KAC.

This is the second title for the Black Wings Linz. The last coming in 2002-2003 vs Villacher SV.

English Article
Linz beat KAC, secure title

German Article
Black Wings sind Meister!

Game Replays
Watch the games here

Last edited by sturmthis: 04-01-2012 at 11:18 PM.
sturmthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Alpine

At the end of the game two cups were presented on had Erste Bank on it the other, sort of cone shaped.
What are these 2 cups?

Just the hi-lites for folk like me with attention deficit disorder.....attention span of a gerbil........
http://www.laola1.tv/de/at/eishockey...820-80353.html

Last edited by Alpine: 04-02-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 01:39 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
At the end of the game two cups were presented on had Erste Bank on it the other, sort of cone shaped.
What are these 2 cups?

Just the hi-lites for folk like me with attention deficit disorder.....attention span of a gerbil........
http://www.laola1.tv/de/at/eishockey...820-80353.html
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96s...Eishockey-Liga

Quote:
Ausländischen Vereine nehmen zwar normal am Play-Off teil, können aber nicht den Titel "Österreichischer Staatsmeister", sondern EBEL-Meister, gewinnen. Sollte ein ausländischer Verein den Liga-Titel gewinnen, geht der österreichische Meistertitel an den bestplatzierten österreichischen Verein. Seit der Saison 2003/04 gibt es zwei Trophäen, eine EBEL-Trophäe (von der EBEL) und einen Staatsmeister-Pokal (vom ÖEHV).
Basically it says that the foreign teams in EBEL can take part in the playoffs, but they can't win the Austrian Championship, only the EBEL-championship. If a foreign team wins the league title, the Austrian championship title goes to the best finishing Austrian team. Since 2003/2004 there have been two trophies, a EBEL trophy (from the EBEL - basically a league trophy) and a country championship trophy (from the Austrian Ice Hockey Association)

Also, so far no foreign team has won the EBEL title, so both trophies have always been given out at the same time to the same team.

Last edited by sturmthis: 04-02-2012 at 01:52 PM.
sturmthis is offline   Reply With Quote