HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Union Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2011, 09:35 PM
  #826
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,856
vCash: 580
Apparently the Galaxy are adding Robbie Keane. 1 more move to sure up the back end probably wouldn't hurt the Union...

sobrien is offline  
Old
08-13-2011, 09:45 PM
  #827
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Apparently the Galaxy are adding Robbie Keane. 1 more move to sure up the back end probably wouldn't hurt the Union...
That makes me scared the way Robbie knows how to score. He was good for Tottenham.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 12:17 AM
  #828
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
That makes me scared the way Robbie knows how to score. He was good for Tottenham.
Keane was awful for West Ham this past season, he might have relegated them too.

I along with the other USMNT fanatics watched the Hammers games last season to watch Spector played midfield and he missed so many damn sitters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0V7cI4LXJ0

Thats one of many, probably the most famous.

usahockey22flyers is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 12:22 AM
  #829
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Keane was awful for West Ham this past season, he might have relegated them too.

I along with the other USMNT fanatics watched the Hammers games last season to watch Spector played midfield and he missed so many damn sitters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0V7cI4LXJ0

Thats one of many, probably the most famous.
Ok he mustve lost his touch then because the few Tottenham games I saw 2 seasons ago he scored in all of them. Small sample size since I only watched 3-4 but he looked good.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 01:26 PM
  #830
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,706
vCash: 500
Juan Pablo Angel might come to the Union. Mondragon sounds convinced he is on the team.

sa cyred is online now  
Old
08-14-2011, 02:53 PM
  #831
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Juan Pablo Angel might come to the Union. Mondragon sounds convinced he is on the team.
That would be awesome.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 03:48 PM
  #832
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
I'd prefer NOT getting JPA. He is just like Ruiz, lazy.

But hey.

JPA - Mwanga/Jac Mac
Mapp/Daniel - Adu/Torres - Carroll - Le Toux
Farfan - Califf - Valdes - Williams

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 04:18 PM
  #833
slitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I'd prefer NOT getting JPA. He is just like Ruiz, lazy.
I seriously hope you are kidding


lazy? what a joke. guy led the team in goals and most of them were clutch. i'll take 11 lazy ruiz clones scoring clutch goals over 11 little engines that cant like le toux

slitz is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 06:51 PM
  #834
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,856
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitz View Post
I seriously hope you are kidding


lazy? what a joke. guy led the team in goals and most of them were clutch. i'll take 11 lazy ruiz clones scoring clutch goals over 11 little engines that cant like le toux
you may be the only one.

sobrien is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 07:03 PM
  #835
slitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
you may be the only one.
i'm the only one that wants a guy that scores goals? cool

slitz is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 07:33 PM
  #836
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
I looked up Juan Pablo Angel on youtube, and apparently his son's incredible.

JVR21 is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 08:08 PM
  #837
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,752
vCash: 500
Don't know much about football but I played a **** ton of FIFA these pass couple days and all I score with is Le Toux. Is he any good?

OriginJM is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 10:43 PM
  #838
KevinLin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitz View Post
I seriously hope you are kidding


lazy? what a joke. guy led the team in goals and most of them were clutch. i'll take 11 lazy ruiz clones scoring clutch goals over 11 little engines that cant like le toux
Ruiz lazy stuff was such a load of crap. Sometimes the smart move is looking lazy and its about results...Ruiz got them in the net. Union need someone else to do that now that he's gone. JPA hasnt really provided that this year but maybe the colombians will work some magic. LeToux REALLY hasnt provided that unless he's been taking PKs.

KevinLin is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 01:31 AM
  #839
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer
 
GirouxGiroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 2,854
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Don't know much about football but I played a **** ton of FIFA these pass couple days and all I score with is Le Toux. Is he any good?


Le Toux is a mystery. Last year he was easily team MVP and at least in the discussion for league MVP. This year his touch is non-existent and he couldn't buy a goal with Beckham's paycheck.

He's money on penalties though. And he runs hard.

GirouxGiroux is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 09:17 AM
  #840
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxGiroux View Post


Le Toux is a mystery. Last year he was easily team MVP and at least in the discussion for league MVP. This year his touch is non-existent and he couldn't buy a goal with Beckham's paycheck.

He's money on penalties though. And he runs hard.

Le Toux has 3 goals this year. All PK's.


IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 09:45 AM
  #841
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Le Toux has 3 goals this year. All PK's.

To me, LeToux right now is like a NHL sniper who is in a goalscoring slump. When a sniper is hot, he is taking shots from all over the place. When he's in a slump, he's gripping the stick a little tighter and only taking shots that he thinks will be definite goals. LeToux has had chances, but he's just not shooting the ball.

I don't know what to say about Ruiz. Yes, he scored goals, but he also seemed to be called offsides quite a bit, ruining a number of scoring chances. That said their offensive production is definitely down since his departure.

The game on Saturday should have been a win, but Dallas' goalie came up huge in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Big away game this coming Saturday. I'd love to see a win, but a tie wouldn't be a terrible thing against a very good Crew squad.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 10:14 AM
  #842
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
To me, LeToux right now is like a NHL sniper who is in a goalscoring slump. When a sniper is hot, he is taking shots from all over the place. When he's in a slump, he's gripping the stick a little tighter and only taking shots that he thinks will be definite goals. LeToux has had chances, but he's just not shooting the ball.

I don't know what to say about Ruiz. Yes, he scored goals, but he also seemed to be called offsides quite a bit, ruining a number of scoring chances. That said their offensive production is definitely down since his departure.

The game on Saturday should have been a win, but Dallas' goalie came up huge in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Big away game this coming Saturday. I'd love to see a win, but a tie wouldn't be a terrible thing against a very good Crew squad.
Yeah, but Le Toux is on pace to finish with 8 or 9 LESS goals then last season. Quite a slump.

I cant stand the prices for jerseys. I can get an Eagles jersey for like $65, but Flyers jerseys are over $100 easy and Union shirts are $69-$90.

I was hoping to find an Adu shirt online, but the cheapest is $90. That's insane. It's a t-shirt.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 11:22 AM
  #843
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Yeah, but Le Toux is on pace to finish with 8 or 9 LESS goals then last season. Quite a slump.

I cant stand the prices for jerseys. I can get an Eagles jersey for like $65, but Flyers jerseys are over $100 easy and Union shirts are $69-$90.

I was hoping to find an Adu shirt online, but the cheapest is $90. That's insane. It's a t-shirt.
Didn't take long for the Union to have them in stock. I think I saw at least 10 walking out of PPL Park on Saturday night.

With regards to LeToux, you can't score if you don't shoot. As I pointed out in an earlier post, he's averaging over a shot less this year than last. However, the glaring stat is shots on goal. Last year he had 48 in 28 games (1.71 per game) versus 16 in 23 games (0.69 per game).


Last edited by pelts35.com: 08-15-2011 at 11:31 AM.
pelts35.com is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 11:27 AM
  #844
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Didn't take long for the Union to have them in stock. I think I saw at least 10 walking out of PPL Park on Saturday night.
Bit the bullet and ordered an Adu shirt. Now all I need is an Arsenal jersey and I'll have a jersey for all my favorite teams (minus the 76ers, and thats not likely to change).

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 04:56 PM
  #845
slitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
comparing le toux to an nhl sniper is a huge stretch. the guy had ONE good season and scored more than 1 goal in a game ONCE last season.

if we need to compare him to an nhler, how about jonathan cheechoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I was hoping to find an Adu shirt online, but the cheapest is $90. That's insane. It's a t-shirt.
t shirt? the jerseys they are selling are a hell of alot nicer than t shirts

slitz is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
  #846
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitz View Post
comparing le toux to an nhl sniper is a huge stretch. the guy had ONE good season and scored more than 1 goal in a game ONCE last season.

if we need to compare him to an nhler, how about jonathan cheechoo?



t shirt? the jerseys they are selling are a hell of alot nicer than t shirts
No, it's a jersey.

Le Toux had a career year last year. He is not snakebitten this season, he is just not talented enough to do that every year.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
  #847
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,364
vCash: 500
JPA sucks

PeterHirdt Peter Hirdt
by TaylorTwellman
Juan Pablo Angel, excluding PKs: 46 goals in first 89 MLS games, 3 goals in 35 games since then (dating back to Aug. 08).

Enough said, and you all think Le Toux sucks lol

usahockey22flyers is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 05:43 PM
  #848
slitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

Le Toux had a career year last year. He is not snakebitten this season, he is just not talented enough to do that every year.
amen my friend

slitz is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 05:44 PM
  #849
o Hamhuis 2 x
Registered User
 
o Hamhuis 2 x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading PA
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Anyone watch the Man City game on ESPN today? Kun Agüero was on fire in his debut with 2 goals and an assist

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 05:50 PM
  #850
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
No, it's a jersey.

Le Toux had a career year last year. He is not snakebitten this season, he is just not talented enough to do that every year.
So a career year to not scoring any goals (not counting pks)? Pretty drastic drop off I'd say.

pelts35.com is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.