HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season III

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Nose of Sutter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
I don't understand. Why doesn't the NHL just do this? If somebody "head-shots" somebody else, either INTENTIONALLY or ACCIDENTALLY, then the guy who delivers the blow has to sit out (unpaid) until the guy who's concussed returns. I guarantee you, the concussions would become all but extinct in our sport.
That's actually a great idea, there would be no more Matt Cooke which the NHL would rejoice about.

Old
08-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

seems stupid. You are skating in the middle of the ice, looking to your left, another player is skating right next to you on your right, the puck gets passed behind you from left to right, so you turn blindly and sharply to the right, it turns out Savard is skating there, you accidentally clash, he gets a concussion and retires. Now what?

Old
08-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
As much as I hate the guy, I really hope he doesn't turn into the next Lindros.
He's already accomplished more.

Old
08-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
seems stupid. You are skating in the middle of the ice, looking to your left, another player is skating right next to you on your right, the puck gets passed behind you from left to right, so you turn blindly and sharply to the right, it turns out Savard is skating there, you accidentally clash, he gets a concussion and retires. Now what?

There's always Europe or the KHL!

But seriously, everybody needs to be more careful. An NHL WITH Crosby makes more $$$ than an NHL WITHOUT Crosby. Everyone's paycheck depends upon everyone being careful.

Old
08-14-2011, 08:05 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
He's already accomplished more.
I know everybody loves ragging on Lindros but the two have had very similar careers to this point. I'll give Crosby the slight edge thanks to the Cup but if Pittsburgh was playing those '97 Wings, I don't think Sidney has a Cup either.

Statistically, it couldn't be any closer. Roughly comparing the same amount of games, their statlines are as follows:

SC 412GP 215G 357A 572PTS 1.39PPG
EL 431GP 263G 337A 600PTS 1.39PPG

Eric did it at the height of the dead puck era while bringing other intangibles that Sidney doesn't possess. They had the same amount of Hart & Lester's while Crosby has 1 Art Ross that Lindros lost out on by scoring fewer goals than Jagr.

Not trying to diminish Sid but Eric was that damn good. A lot of people - unfortunately - forget because they think he's a dick (which he isn't) and the end of his career really sucked.

Old
08-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Michael Richards
@MRichie18
Over 40k followers and I barely know how to use it. Someone needs to give me a crash course #Twitter #help

Ray Kaunisto
@RayK71
@MRichie18 I'll give you a crash course at camp. I'm a self-proclaimed twitter pro. And then you can teach me how to score goals
15 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Old
08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Michael Richards
@MRichie18
Over 40k followers and I barely know how to use it. Someone needs to give me a crash course #Twitter #help

Ray Kaunisto
@RayK71
@MRichie18 I'll give you a crash course at camp. I'm a self-proclaimed twitter pro. And then you can teach me how to score goals
15 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Kaunisto is hilarious on twitter. Last week when he told Richards he'd let him have the honor of centering him and Kozun at camp I was dying.

Old
08-14-2011, 08:19 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I wonder if Richards even knows who Kaunisto is

Old
08-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

I doubt it, probably why he never replies lol

Old
08-14-2011, 09:56 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
I wonder if Richards even knows who Kaunisto is
98% of Kings fans don't know who he is. Doubt Richards has been given a depth chart to study the Kings AHL depth....yet

Old
08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
98% of Kings fans don't know who he is. Doubt Richards has been given a depth chart to study the Kings AHL depth....yet
He might have googled him.

Old
08-14-2011, 10:29 PM
R0CKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
I don't understand. Why doesn't the NHL just do this? If somebody "head-shots" somebody else, either INTENTIONALLY or ACCIDENTALLY, then the guy who delivers the blow has to sit out (unpaid) until the guy who's concussed returns. I guarantee you, the concussions would become all but extinct in our sport.
My thought is that if the NHL lifted the 3rd man in game misconduct then guys who take these cheap shots would be dealt with like they were in the past.

Beat them to a pulp, seriously.

Cheap shot a-holes like Cooke would definitely stop.

Maybe there is some trigger for multiple 3rd man in penalties in a single game, but waiting for the league to take some retribution on a cheap hit just doesn't work IMO.

The players can govern themselves but we have to get past the PC of it all.

Old
08-14-2011, 10:57 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

As far as Crosby, I hope he's okay. This is the only report I've seen of it, so I hope it's wrong. Last I heard he was doing his normal off season workout. The Pens are my second favorite team and I'm a huge Crosby fan. Even for some of you who dislike him, you can't deny it would be terrible for the sport if he's not okay. He's amazing.

Old
08-14-2011, 11:07 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgonzo View Post
Kaunisto is hilarious on twitter. Last week when he told Richards he'd let him have the honor of centering him and Kozun at camp I was dying.
totally agree one of the best hockey twiters i've seen ( i will admit im still really new to twitter so i don't know many minor league twitter hockey players)

Old
08-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Kings4thecup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
He might have googled him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzZeZ...B30406E7313E5B

Old
08-15-2011, 02:08 PM
markisonfire

So what happens with Loktionov now? His skill set begs top six minutes, but our top two centers are locked up for a long time. Can Loktionov ever play third line center? Will he be made into a winger? The only spots I see opening in top six in the near future are Gagne's and Penner's spots on the left side (although I hope they both perform well and resign them). Where does that put Loktionov, short term and long term?

Old
08-15-2011, 02:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
So what happens with Loktionov now? His skill set begs top six minutes, but our top two centers are locked up for a long time. Can Loktionov ever play third line center? Will he be made into a winger? The only spots I see opening in top six in the near future are Gagne's and Penner's spots on the left side (although I hope they both perform well and resign them). Where does that put Loktionov, short term and long term?
After watching his play last season I have to say that I believe he is most effective in the middle of the ice creating space with his speed and quickness.

I see him as the third line center in 12-13 if he is up to the task. Stoll can be moved to RW if the Kings re-sign him.

Clifford - Loktionov - Stoll

Not too shabby.

Old
08-15-2011, 02:18 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Kopi-Lokti-Williams

If Lokti isn't moved to LW, I'd prefer that. That's **** in my pants good.

Old
08-15-2011, 02:23 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Kopi-Lokti-Williams

I thought that combination was pretty good when it was briefly tried last season. I think like half a game, maybe.

I would say at this moment in time Penner leaving at the end of the season has a higher probability of happening than Stoll leaving. A lot of people will freak out though because some think Kopitar is in the top ten centers in the NHL.

Old
08-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Kopi-Lokti-Williams

Kopitar is much better defensively than Loktionov. We saw how much the Kings missed Kopitar's defense down low in the zone in the playoffs.

Old
08-15-2011, 02:32 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Kopitar is much better defensively than Loktionov. We saw how much the Kings missed Kopitar's defense down low in the zone in the playoffs.
Lokti is great defensively too and Lokti is obviously better at center. We haven't seen Kopi at the wing. It would be nice to see. And its not like Kopi can't help down low when we need him.

Old
08-15-2011, 02:35 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Lokti is great defensively too and Lokti is obviously better at center. We haven't seen Kopi at the wing. It would be nice to see. And its not like Kopi can't help down low when we need him.
I agree. It isn't written in stone that the LW has to cover the right point in the defensive zone. Kopitar could be the man down low in his own zone.

Old
08-15-2011, 02:39 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I agree. It isn't written in stone that the LW has to cover the right point in the defensive zone. Kopitar could be the man down low in his own zone.
While he could, I always like to compare Lokti to Datsyuk. No, I'm not saying he is him but he is very comparable. Both are small Russian centers who see the ice incredibly well, have good hands (Datsyuks are far better though but not like Lokti has stone hands), both are playmakers moreso than goal scorers, and both are good defensively, with Datsyuk also having the edge here. I love Lokti but he needs to be used the right way and not be jerked around playing 3rd-4th line minutes/roles.

Old
08-15-2011, 04:48 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
After watching his play last season I have to say that I believe he is most effective in the middle of the ice creating space with his speed and quickness.

I see him as the third line center in 12-13 if he is up to the task. Stoll can be moved to RW if the Kings re-sign him.

Clifford - Loktionov - Stoll

Not too shabby.
Stoll's most effective at center where he can use his faceoff talents. Are you advocating having a winger take that line's faceoffs?

Old
08-15-2011, 04:50 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Stoll's most effective at center where he can use his faceoff talents. Are you advocating having a winger take that line's faceoffs?
Yep, just like he does on the PP before he moves back to the point. Shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
While he could, I always like to compare Lokti to Datsyuk. No, I'm not saying he is him but he is very comparable. Both are small Russian centers who see the ice incredibly well, have good hands (Datsyuks are far better though but not like Lokti has stone hands), both are playmakers moreso than goal scorers, and both are good defensively, with Datsyuk also having the edge here. I love Lokti but he needs to be used the right way and not be jerked around playing 3rd-4th line minutes/roles.
If Loktionov can ever develop the upper body strength that Datsyuk has maybe, but he isn't there yet.

Closed Thread