HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Why are the Predators playing a doubleheader?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-15-2011, 11:19 AM
  #1
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,152
vCash: 50
Why are the Predators playing a doubleheader?

I was just getting excited for the hockey season, and wasn't sure when the official first NHL preseason game was (only knew when the first Caps preseason game was), so I checked... and noticed that Nashville has a doubleheader scheduled against Florida on Sept. 19... anybody know what the deal is with this (especially since they then play the Caps the following day... 3 road games in 28 hours seems kind of not good to me). Thanks.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 11:26 AM
  #2
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I was just getting excited for the hockey season, and wasn't sure when the official first NHL preseason game was (only knew when the first Caps preseason game was), so I checked... and noticed that Nashville has a doubleheader scheduled against Florida on Sept. 19... anybody know what the deal is with this (especially since they then play the Caps the following day... 3 road games in 28 hours seems kind of not good to me). Thanks.
I believe one of those is an all rookie game

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 11:38 AM
  #3
codeyh
HFB Partner
 
codeyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cellblock 303
Country: United States
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to codeyh
It's pre-season.. everyone carries a HUGE roster, enough for split-team games.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 12:04 PM
  #4
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I believe one of those is an all rookie game
I believe you are correct...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 12:18 PM
  #5
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,713
vCash: 500
Didn't we have something similar last year or the year before?

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 01:11 PM
  #6
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Didn't we have something similar last year or the year before?
Yeah, with Atlanta back in 2009.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 01:19 PM
  #7
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Didn't we have something similar last year or the year before?
Yep. IIRC it was against Atlanta, but I'm not sure.

We've got one as well, tho I don't recall who it's against.


EDIT: Yep! Atlanta. Also, I'm slow.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
  #8
Fo Shea Shea
Registered User
 
Fo Shea Shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
There are like 50 people on a preseason roster. The could easily put together 3 teams out of that. Then there are the rookie games. It's not all that big a deal.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 05:30 PM
  #9
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
I thought we played the Florida rookies last year in Florida.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:16 PM
  #10
Adz
Registered User
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Wish the away games could be televised so we could see the rookies and prospects. Shoot, I'd settle for a feed from the scoreboard. By the time they actually play in Nashville a lot of them will have been sent back home.


Last edited by Adz: 08-15-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: I can not read a schedule over 2 months, apparently.
Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:36 PM
  #11
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Wish the away games could be televised so we could see the rookies and prospects. Shoot, I'd settle for a feed from the scoreboard. By the time they actually play in Nashville a lot of them will have been sent back home.
Not the way THIS summer is going, Adz!!! (sorry, I just couldn't resist).

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:48 PM
  #12
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I thought we played the Florida rookies last year in Florida.
We did. Remember Klasen got cheapshotted by that talentless goon and Lindback really made a name for himself which lead to him winning the spot as Pekka's backup? ;-)

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 10:27 PM
  #13
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
We did. Remember Klasen got cheapshotted by that talentless goon and Lindback really made a name for himself which lead to him winning the spot as Pekka's backup? ;-)
yes. at the time i posted that, i was trying to remember why why i remembered it. thanks

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 08:40 AM
  #14
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,152
vCash: 50
That makes more sense now. Thanks!

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 09:55 AM
  #15
Adz
Registered User
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Not the way THIS summer is going, Adz!!! (sorry, I just couldn't resist).
True enough...but even if the whole team is babies you can only keep 23. Training camp is where they separate the toddlers from the infants!

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.