HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Knuble to the Kings

Old
08-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Nose of Sutter

vCash: 500
Knuble to the Kings

So the Kings are kind of iffy on the 3rd line RW, I'd love someone like Knuble to play the 3rd line and come up into the top 6 in case of injury. What would the Caps want? He is 39 but also plays on the Caps first line.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:02 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
what is less than nothing

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:20 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
Reunite the Gagne-Richards-Knuble line?

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:24 PM
um

well caps are in win now mode so it really makes no sense for us to trade

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:28 PM
ManoWarrior

Knuble, Poti and a 3rd for Greene

Something like that.

I did that with the intention of Green and Greene playing together, but i forgot they had the same last names....that would get confusing.

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Reunite the Gagne-Richards-Knuble line?
That could happen, Knuble would more than likely start on the 3rd line, but you never know with Terry Murray his lines change every two days.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:08 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Knuble would immediately fill the hole that Smyth left, with a third of the salary. This would be a very good move by the Kings.

But, however, I'm not sure the Caps would be keen on letting him go. He seems to be a very integral part of their team, in all aspects.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:26 PM
KingCanadain1976

Would love to get knuble Hes exactly what the kings need a vet that can move up if needed. I really don't see caps giving him up tho.There in a win it now season

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:31 PM
arsmaster

The issue with Knuble is, he needs to play with top 6 talent to be effective. He is a Tim Kerr, Dave Andreychuck type who bangs in the dirty ones.

If you are expecting similar production/impact in a role where he'd be asked to more defensive lifting than garbage cleaning for Ovie/Semin/Backstrom you will be dissapointed with what you acquire.

That said his acquisition may provide the Kings a better third line by dropping Justin Williams down to that spot.

Dont see Washington trading him at this point though.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:40 PM
KingCanadain1976

If anything i would see brown dropping to the 3rd line with stoll and clifford Jw is either playing with kopi or richards not stoll

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I don't see a way Washington gets interested in the idea of trading Knuble.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
txpd

knuble likes playing for the caps. the caps like what he brings and he fits in very nicely. the caps still have few over 30 year old players and few players that have won the cup.
knuble is all of that. why would they trade him?

lastly, he's a waste on the 3rd line. he's not a checking line player. he is a prototype 3rd member of a top line.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 04:39 PM
gambitlebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
The issue with Knuble is, he needs to play with top 6 talent to be effective. He is a Tim Kerr, Dave Andreychuck type who bangs in the dirty ones.

If you are expecting similar production/impact in a role where he'd be asked to more defensive lifting than garbage cleaning for Ovie/Semin/Backstrom you will be dissapointed with what you acquire.

That said his acquisition may provide the Kings a better third line by dropping Justin Williams down to that spot.

Dont see Washington trading him at this point though.
Awesome post!

I don't see Washington trading him. He does a lot of "little" things that help out the team.

At 39, I don't see the Kings (or anyone else) offering enough to make Washington entertain a trade.

Maybe a deadline deal IF somehow the Caps don't make the playoffs, but come on...that team has way too much talent to miss the playoffs.

gambitlebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 04:48 PM
markisonfire

I think that would be an excellent idea. Lines would look like:

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Clifford-Stoll-Brown
Parse-Lewis-Richardson

Wow, what a top 9 that would be! The third line would be a wrecking force that could score a lot of goals as well. I would hate to lose Greene though Would the Capitals be interested in any of the Kings' NHL ready prospects? It would be unfortunate to lose our alternate captain for Knuble.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 05:43 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Clifford-Stoll-Brown
Parse-Lewis-Richardson

Wow, what a top 9 that would be! The third line would be a wrecking force that could score a lot of goals as well. I would hate to lose Greene though Would the Capitals be interested in any of the Kings' NHL ready prospects? It would be unfortunate to lose our alternate captain for Knuble.
Nope. In fact, the Caps just want Knuble.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 05:49 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Clifford-Stoll-Brown
Parse-Lewis-Richardson

Sure. Got any that are current first-liners, gritty net presences, have veteran maturity, play the RW, want to finish their careers in Washington, and cost around 2M or less for the forseeable future? That's what the Caps get from Knuble, and is what they'd want to replace him with. I don't think a guy with that upside would cut it as the Caps are looking set up to make a run this year.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Kings fans, you realize you're asking for the Capitals' 1RW, alternate captain, and third leading goal scorer? Who's making $2M on a team that's right at the salary cap. The guy simply isn't going to be available for anything you want to give up. He's basically our [much older] Dustin Brown.

Also, this is at least the third Knuble to the Kings proposal of this off-season.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 01:10 AM
apadilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoWarrior View Post
Knuble, Poti and a 3rd for Greene

Something like that.

I did that with the intention of Green and Greene playing together, but i forgot they had the same last names....that would get confusing.
this is a very fair offer, but the kings wouldn't do this because they don't have a like replacement for greene, i.e. a big tough defensement who doesn't take crap and stands up for his teammates and goalie,

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 01:14 AM
apadilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Kings fans, you realize you're asking for the Capitals' 1RW, alternate captain, and third leading goal scorer? Who's making $2M on a team that's right at the salary cap. The guy simply isn't going to be available for anything you want to give up. He's basically our [much older] Dustin Brown.

Also, this is at least the third Knuble to the Kings proposal of this off-season.
i'd increase the offer to maybe Alec Martinez straight up, and the kings may be able to replace martinez with voynov, if they think he's ready,

though i am not sure if the caps can use Alec's game now, he plays a good swift quick game,

i like Alec's game, but you have to trade quality to get quality,

Old
08-15-2011, 01:55 AM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:

agreed 100 %

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 02:11 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
i'd increase the offer to maybe Alec Martinez straight up, and the kings may be able to replace martinez with voynov, if they think he's ready,

though i am not sure if the caps can use Alec's game now, he plays a good swift quick game,

i like Alec's game, but you have to trade quality to get quality,
Capitals have no use for Martinez. Would rather have Greene as he fits the Caps' needs better, but I Knuble would be preferred to either of them.

If the Kings want Knuble and don't want to give up a forward, there's simply no deal to be made unless Jack Johnson or Drew Doughty are available. As it stands now, any deal centered around a different defenseman, goalie, or prospects would leave the Capitals with less chance to win a Cup.

We're both contending, we don't make good trading partners.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 02:20 AM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

The Kings & Capitals are terrible trade partners, especially at this time of year. Both are considered serious contenders, one is in the process of locking up their franchise defenseman which will likely push them to the cap, and the other is right up to the cap as it stands. Moreover, the Capitals have the majority of their core to lock up within the next 2 or so years. Having said that, any deal involving Knuble would have to return a winger under an expiring contract - Penner is the only one of that ilk, and a Knuble for Penner move would be beyond stupid for the Kings. Knuble holds a leadership position (alternate captain), is a veteran at a good cap hit, and cleans up the trash quite well on Ovechkin's rebounds. He's the type of player that a team holds onto going into a deep playoff run & holds the team together when the going-gets-tough. No dice.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 02:45 AM
apadilla

Quote:
Capitals have no use for Martinez. Would rather have Greene as he fits the Caps' needs better, but I Knuble would be preferred to either of them.

If the Kings want Knuble and don't want to give up a forward, there's simply no deal to be made unless Jack Johnson or Drew Doughty are available. As it stands now, any deal centered around a different defenseman, goalie, or prospects would leave the Capitals with less chance to win a Cup.

We're both contending, we don't make good trading partners.
forget about doughty, but for johnson, the caps would have to ante up big time, aka a combo of alzner and laich, is this too much for the caps?

Old
08-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Zbynek

Knuble is untouchable in the Selanne sense. He's one of the most unlikely players in the league to be traded. The Capitals need his veteran presence to balance out their own top-6. Yeah, he would fit great on the Kings and a retro Flyers line would be sick with Gagne/Richards, but let's be honest man....it's just not happening...

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 11:40 AM
markisonfire

All I said was that he would look great on the Kings, I didn't even mention a proposal and got flack... haha.

But I completely understand what everyone is saying, and I don't think a deal can be made. Knuble seems to be exactly what the Caps need, so why trade him? I just wish the Kings could get him.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote