Finnish Top Prospects ( In Future)

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2011, 04:24 AM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
Oh wow, Salomäki in the 2nd line and Armia in the 3rd? I know you have a bias for the lapplanders (), but that's... something. Two defensively good forwards in the 2nd line and 2 guys that are totally useless in the d-zone in the 3rd?

Partanen can play RW? That's good news i guess. I'd expect "mr someone" to be a guy for the 3rd line. Hoping for Partanen to break out offensively, and for Armia to learn to use his body. These would be my lines if those things happen:

Donskoi - Mi.G - Armia (hmm why not try?)
Partanen (if he breaks out) - Barkov - Pulkkinen
Ma.G - Ruuttu - "Mr. Someone"
Insert a grinder here - Salomäki - Grinder Here too
You can change the order of the 2nd and the 3rd line on my suggestion. My idea was that similarly to the last WJC’s the ice time of the top-3 lines would be fairly equal on even strength. I have a hard time seeing Partanen having a breakout year offensively, he didn’t get much of anything going offensively. His role in his club team might be bigger than last year, so he might produce more, but that doesn't mean that he'll be a difference maker at the WJC's. It seemed that Helminen used the Halinen-Suoranta pair on the penalty kill and I think that they did a fairly decent job. Helminen will probably try to train them to be good 4th liners on the Mestis tour. Partanen’s physical presence was probably the weakest of the three and he might be easily replaced on that line, so I’m not 100% sure if Partanen even makes the team.

Pulkkinen and Donskoi seemed like the same players as last season, but the 93’s have developed since the WU18C’s for example. Ma.Granlund, Salomäki and Armia are better players than last year. On even strength Armia was defensively more reliable than Pulkkinen for example who caused several turnovers by either just freezing with the puck or trying a fancy pass/move instead of just dumping the puck in and the opponent also scored against him several times. Can’t see Salomäki being a 4th liner, he has been Team Finland’s top player on even strength if you exclude a few somewhat unnecessary/stupid penalties.

My idea to have Barkov play with Salomäki and Donskoi was to surround him with experienced players with an active two-way game in order to ease his work load a bit. In addition Barkov could be moved to wing by having Salomäki take defensive zone face-offs and so on. I agree that the 3rd line seems a bit problematic, especially if Ruuttu doesn’t manage to improve his game during the season.

Another proposal;
Line 2A = Ma. Granlund – Mi. Granlund – Mr.Someone
Line 2B = Donskoi – Barkov - Armia
Line 2C = Salomäki – Ruuttu - Pulkkinen

Put Granlunds together to get the best out of Markus and insert a workhorse to the other wing. Pulkkinen has been really dangerous on the power play while playing the point, so merge Granlunds with him to form the 1st power play unit and the Line 2B could be the 2nd power play unit as a whole. In this proposal Donskoi and Salomäki could easily change lines if need to. Of course this is just fantasy if Barkov isn’t ready yet and/or one of the top guys gets injured.

Last edited by Tormentor: 08-12-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old
08-12-2011, 04:43 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
You can change the order of the 2nd and the 3rd line on my suggestion. My idea was that similarly to the last WJC’s the ice time of the top-3 lines would be fairly equal on even strength. I have a hard time seeing Partanen having a breakout year offensively, he didn’t get much of anything going offensively. His role in his club team might be bigger than last year, so he might produce more, but that doesn't mean that he'll be a difference maker at the WJC's. It seemed that Helminen used the Halinen-Suoranta pair on the penalty kill and I think that they did a fairly decent job. Helminen will probably try to train them to be good 4th liners on the Mestis tour. Partanen’s physical presence was probably the weakest of the three and he might be easily replaced on that line, so I’m not 100% sure if Partanen even makes the team.

Pulkkinen and Donskoi seemed like the same players as last season, but the 93’s have developed since the WU18C’s for example. Ma.Granlund, Salomäki and Armia are better players than last year. On even strength Armia was defensively more reliable than Pulkkinen for example who caused several turnovers by either just freezing with the puck or trying a fancy pass/move instead of just dumping the puck in and the opponent also scored against him several times. Can’t see Salomäki being a 4th liner, he has been Team Finland’s top player on even strength if you exclude a few somewhat unnecessary/stupid penalties.

My idea to have Barkov play with Salomäki and Donskoi was to surround him with experienced players with an active two-way game in order to ease his work load a bit. In addition Barkov could be moved to wing by having Salomäki take defensive zone face-offs and so on. I agree that the 3rd line seems a bit problematic, especially if Ruuttu doesn’t manage to improve his game during the season.

Another proposal;

Put Granlunds together to get the best out of Markus and insert a workhorse to the other wing. Pulkkinen has been really dangerous on the power play while playing the point, so merge Granlunds with him to form the 1st power play unit and the Line 2B could be the 2nd power play unit as a whole. Donskoi and Salomäki could easily change places if need to. Of course this is just fantasy if Barkov isn’t ready yet and/or one of the top guys gets injured.
Who scores goals in 1st line.

This could work either. Teräväinen has impressed me with his vision so i would have him with these performance if someone at u-20 doesen't play better.

1. Donskoi-Mi. Granlund-Pulkkinen
2A. Salomäki-Barkov-Teräväinen
2B. Ma. Granlund-Ruuttu-Armia

Old
08-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Tormentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Could be a small problem, I agree, but some compromises have to be made with our material. Other option is to stack all the stars to the 2 top lines and watch the other 2 lines get nothing done. It's hard to beat USA, Canada and Sweden with just two lines that are capable of competing both offensively and defensively. I've just watched 8 periods of such hockey, it rarely works at this level, especially if one of the top lines has an off night.

Quote:
This could work either. Teräväinen has impressed me with his vision so i would have him with these performance if someone at u-20 doesen't play better.

1. Donskoi-Mi. Granlund-Pulkkinen
2A. Salomäki-Barkov-Teräväinen
2B. Ma. Granlund-Ruuttu-Armia
Teräväinen is a promising kid, but I have doubts of him being physically ready for the WJC's. He looks slim as a cord and the tournament is played in North America. Would be good if that Mr.Someone would have some muscle.

Last edited by Tormentor: 08-12-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old
08-12-2011, 05:44 AM
thomast

Quote:
Could be a small problem, I agree, but some compromises have to be made with our material. Other option is to stack all the starts to the 2 top lines and watch the other 2 lines get nothing done. It's hard to beat USA, Canada and Sweden with just two lines that are capable of competing both offensively and defensively. I've just watched 8 periods of such hockey, it rarely works at this level, especially if one of the top lines has an off night.

Teräväinen is promising kid, but I have doubts of him being physically ready for the WJC's. He looks slim as a cord and the tournament is played in North America. Would be good if that Mr.Someone would have some muscle.
Yeah, Salomäki and Barkov both have big bodies, they could make room to Teräväinen. Teräväinen and Barkov have played very well together. Is there anyone in the pipeline who is bigger with good offensive skills?

Old
08-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:

Another proposal;

Put Granlunds together to get the best out of Markus and insert a workhorse to the other wing. Pulkkinen has been really dangerous on the power play while playing the point, so merge Granlunds with him to form the 1st power play unit and the Line 2B could be the 2nd power play unit as a whole. In this proposal Donskoi and Salomäki could easily change lines if need to. Of course this is just fantasy if Barkov isn’t ready yet and/or one of the top guys gets injured.
1. I'm not really sold on Ma.G, but if really he has taken leaps with his devolopment, i think this could work. M Granlund will be making room for with his bare hockey sense and the Grinder with his body. Yeah, i could see Markus peaking out in that kind of line like Ramstedt in 2009-2010 season with IFK. Lots of chances will probably be lost, but this is IMO a good First line.

2. This one i love. Probably no need to explain why.

3. Two grinder(ish) players and Pulu. I like it. He needs room more than Armia in the right wing so this kind of line is better with Pulu than Armia.

This one was much better. Best one of any so far. I know i'd have to get some effort to you by saying something you might not like. A little kick in the arse. Worked so well.

Old
08-13-2011, 05:08 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

where do you think Teuvo Teräväinen will go if he is drafted next year?? possible 1st/2nd rounder or is that too high??

obviously depends on his development this upcoming year

Hinka stats - 5 games, 4goals, 6 assists = 10 points, +4

Old
08-15-2011, 02:04 AM
dubbbbb

Quote:
Toni Rajala? why dont you notice him at all?

Old
08-15-2011, 04:21 AM
sinettiseura

Toni Rajala is born 1991.. That's why

Old
08-15-2011, 06:31 AM
Fat Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleKarppa View Post
where do you think Teuvo Teräväinen will go if he is drafted next year?? possible 1st/2nd rounder or is that too high??

obviously depends on his development this upcoming year

Hinka stats - 5 games, 4goals, 6 assists = 10 points, +4
I see Teräväinen as the best Jokerit prospect after Pulkkinen. He just signed his first professional contract with Jokerit, but will probably play the next season completely in Jokerit U20 team. I dont think he'll play any games in FEL, since there are a lot of players in offense. He might be a 2nd round pick, though he is relatively small.

Old
08-15-2011, 11:14 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
I see Teräväinen as the best Jokerit prospect after Pulkkinen. He just signed his first professional contract with Jokerit, but will probably play the next season completely in Jokerit U20 team. I dont think he'll play any games in FEL, since there are a lot of players in offense. He might be a 2nd round pick, though he is relatively small.
I was thinking that Teräväinen could get a shot at playing in the big league during the exhibition games. I mean, if Jokerit want to play Pulkkinen with Filppula(which could make sense), Teräväinen could try taking Pulkkinen's place as 'Janne Lahti's playmaker' since there aren't many other candidates for that place... They just need some good two-way guy in the middle, Kerälä wouldn't be enough. I admit this scenario is pretty far-fetched, but plausable

I actually think it's very likely that he gets to play in a couple of these European Trophy games, since Hännikäinen(who got a contract the same time as Teräväinen) already made his debut.

Old
08-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Horrible line. Pulkkinen needs to play with a playmaking center to get the best out of him. Ruuttu is not a playmaker. They didn't gel that well (based on stats) at the Lake Placid tournament either.

Old
08-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
I was thinking that Teräväinen could get a shot at playing in the big league during the exhibition games. I mean, if Jokerit want to play Pulkkinen with Filppula(which could make sense), Teräväinen could try taking Pulkkinen's place as 'Janne Lahti's playmaker' since there aren't many other candidates for that place... They just need some good two-way guy in the middle, Kerälä wouldn't be enough. I admit this scenario is pretty far-fetched, but plausable

I actually think it's very likely that he gets to play in a couple of these European Trophy games, since Hännikäinen(who got a contract the same time as Teräväinen) already made his debut.
Erkka has already stated that he intends to keep the LKP line together.

Old
08-15-2011, 01:24 PM
YARR123

How did Jonatan Tanus look in Ivan Hlinka? I assume he didn't have a very big role since he didn't show up on the scoreboard too much. I did notice though that he's grown since last year, If i remember correctly he was around 170/75 (5'7/165) but now 174/81 (5'9/179). Very short but seems like a stocky build.

Old
08-15-2011, 02:29 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Erkka has already stated that he intends to keep the LKP line together.
I know but I'm dreaming of Pulu being the top scorer in the league this year...

Old
08-15-2011, 03:30 PM
thomast

Quote:
I actualy think that Pulkkinen is my favourite to win Scoring race with Lindgren but Granlund is my favourite to win FEL MVP.

Old
08-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
I think he'll have just as good a chance of that playing with guys he already knows.

Old
08-15-2011, 04:43 PM
thomast

Quote:
I think he'll have just as good a chance of that playing with guys he already knows.
I hope he doesen't concentrate to rack up points, I would be happier if he developes his skating, strength, slightly decision making and get his game more well-around, He has good coach so im confident. Armia has to be more consistent. I think that Donskoi will put good numbers aswell, but this season's supriser is Miikka Salomäki who suprises everyone and puts up +30Pts.

Old
08-15-2011, 06:16 PM
ChadS

Quote:
I was meaning goals and I doubt he scores more goals than Lahti if they play together. Not impossible, but I don't think it'll happen.

Old
08-16-2011, 04:17 AM
thomast

I think Teräväinen has rised his stock alot at Ivan hlinka tournament, Finnish fans are more pessimistic than other fans that's a good sign

Old
08-16-2011, 06:41 AM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Could anyone list me the '94 born Finnish Prospects that will be draftable in the 2012 draft?

Thanks.

Old
08-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Tormentor

Quote:
Horrible line. Pulkkinen needs to play with a playmaking center to get the best out of him. Ruuttu is not a playmaker. They didn't gel that well (based on stats) at the Lake Placid tournament either.
Why don’t you give your own line combos, if you know what’s horrible and what’s not? I have a feeling that it’s going to be Mi.Granlund and Pulkkinen together and the rest doesn’t really matter.

Nowadays Pulkkinen is himself more of a playmaking winger and on power play he often starts on the perimeter which isn't an ideal place for a scorer. He doesn’t need Mi.Granlund on his line to create some offense. I think it’s important to find players who can balance some of Pulkkinen’s weaknesses and at the same time leave some good building blocks for other lines as well.

Pulu didn’t score as much as he often does, because Sweden and USA were very good teams and played a North American game in a North Amrican rink. He was pushed around and kept on the outside for the most part. He simply didn’t have good tools to challenge in one-on-one situations, separate himself from defending players or break into the central lane in the offensive zone. His shot was dangerous on the power play, but overall and especially on even strength it was his passes that created the best chances, and it’s not like Ma.Granlund didn’t set Pulu up for a few good scoring chances. Maybe we should find a scorer to play with Pulu?

BTW, Ruuttu didn't play in the last 2 games because of sickness, although finhockey’s report from the last game states otherwise. Apparently Mikael Salmivirta has been K-Vantaa’s first line centre forward in exhibition games, so it’ll be interesting to see which of the two ends up on top, assuming that Ruuttu also ends up there.

Old
08-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Tormentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaaplaa72 View Post
Could anyone list me the '94 born Finnish Prospects that will be draftable in the 2012 draft?
Here’s an early watch list for 2012:

Goalies:
Oskari Setänen (Lukko)
Joonas Korpisalo (Jokerit)
Jean Auren (Sport)
Henri Kiviaho (KalPa)

Defensemen:
Olli Määttä (London Knights)
Ville Pokka (Kärpät)
Mikko Vainonen (HIFK)
Markus Kojo (Ässät/Hokki?)
Mikko Lehtonen (TPS)
Niklas Tikkinen (Blues)
Petteri Lindbohm (Jokerit)
Juuso Riikola (KalPa)

Forwards:
Teuvo Teräväinen (Jokerit)
Kalle Torniainen (HIFK)
Henri Ikonen (KalPa)

Probably missing some noteworthy players and there will be surprises once the season starts, but this is the best that I can do at the moment. Apparently it’s not a very good year for Finnish goalies, but I listed 4 draft eligible goalies that might or might not get some ice time in Jr.A and therefore be candidates for the WU18C’s. Defence looks fairly good. Not that many forwards that I can think of.

Old
08-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Oh, I'm so excited to see these HFboards giants Jussi and Tormentor clash together again. It's always great fun when it happens.

Now...Go!

Old
08-17-2011, 08:39 AM
YARR123

Quote:
Here’s an early watch list for 2012:

Goalies:
Oskari Setänen (Lukko)
Joonas Korpisalo (Jokerit)
Jean Auren (Sport)
Henri Kiviaho (KalPa)

Defensemen:
Olli Määttä (London Knights)
Ville Pokka (Kärpät)
Mikko Vainonen (HIFK)
Markus Kojo (Ässät/Hokki?)
Mikko Lehtonen (TPS)
Niklas Tikkinen (Blues)
Petteri Lindbohm (Jokerit)
Juuso Riikola (KalPa)

Forwards:
Teuvo Teräväinen (Jokerit)
Kalle Torniainen (HIFK)
Henri Ikonen (KalPa)

Probably missing some noteworthy players and there will be surprises once the season starts, but this is the best that I can do at the moment. Apparently it’s not a very good year for Finnish goalies, but I listed 4 draft eligible goalies that might or might not get some ice time in Jr.A and therefore be candidates for the WU18C’s. Defence looks fairly good. Not that many forwards that I can think of.
Out of Forwards Rasmus Hämäläinen and Ville Ahlgren came in to mind, both already made an impact in jr. A last year offensively. Hämäläinen socred 9 goals in 24 games and Ahlgren had 11+10 in 28 games

Old
08-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Why don’t you give your own line combos, if you know what’s horrible and what’s not? I have a feeling that it’s going to be Mi.Granlund and Pulkkinen together and the rest doesn’t really matter.

Nowadays Pulkkinen is himself more of a playmaking winger and on power play he often starts on the perimeter which isn't an ideal place for a scorer. He doesn’t need Mi.Granlund on his line to create some offense. I think it’s important to find players who can balance some of Pulkkinen’s weaknesses and at the same time leave some good building blocks for other lines as well.
Donskoi- Mi. Granlund - Pulkkinen, you go with the guys who have played together in a tournament before, that would be logical. The rest of lines I'm not guessing until it's certain which players are on the final team, though I'm leaning heavily towards a second line of Salomäki - other G - Armia.

Pulkkinen isn't completely the only plamaker in his line with Jokerit, Kerälä showed that he does know how to pass the puck. Besides, it's early August, who knows if Pulkinen's weaknesses will still be prevalent in December? I mean, based on some posts, Mikael Granlund will have ascended to heaven by then at least...

Closed Thread