HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Offseason Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread | Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Mr Sakich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
I'm guessing cuz they want a full year out of Petry at the NHL level? Face it, with only 7 jobs available at that position, there isn't really any room left.

Whitney-Gilbert-Smid-Barker-Peckham-Petry-Sutton
my perfect off-season would include a Petry for Bobrovsky deal. Sign Mcabe and our defence is decent with two good goalies. I think we would challenge for a playoff spot.

Old
08-14-2011, 06:26 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
my perfect off-season would include a Petry for Bobrovsky deal. Sign Mcabe and our defence is decent with two good goalies. I think we would challenge for a playoff spot.
I think Petry is too much to give up for Bob at this point. Last year I believe Dubnyk had better numbers than Bob. I wonder if Philly would do something for Chorney/Plante+2nd or something similar.

Old
08-14-2011, 06:38 PM
smokersarejokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
mcCabe does not make the defence decent. With or without mcCabe, the D is pretty weak.

Petry is way too good of a prospect to give up for someone like Bobrovsky right now. Like or not, Khabibulin and Dubnyk with Danis as a call-up and LeNeveu and Roy in the minors is the goalie situation this season.

I think they'll wait until next summer to make some decisions on goaltending.

Old
08-15-2011, 08:53 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 484
I read on PHT something about how PHI seen what Varlamov went for and think they can get good value for Bobrovsky. If that's the case I suspect we stay away and give them a 7th rounder in 2037 for Leighton if we need a goalie during the year.

Old
08-15-2011, 09:09 AM
moneygoalie31

I know many dont buy what Treenasoil is saying,and there are examples of her/him/it being both on target and way out in left field. However in the dog days of summer she brings up interesting senarios to think about. Ryan Suter for one is interesting and I suspect if he were avalible just about every team would kick tires. I think Suter will be the D man that stays in Nashville. American boy who while not at the same level as Weber isnt that far behind. He will be cheaper than Weber for Nashville to keep long term and the Preds still have very good D depth comming up. I think the Oilers should target Weber.

Gagner,Smid,Omark,Martindale and 2012 1st for Weber and Blum

Smyth RNH Hemsky
Hall Horcoff Eberle
Pajarvii Belanger Hartikanen
Eager Lander Jones

Weber Whitney
Gilbert Blumm
Peckham Barker
Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

Sign Weber to a Brad richards or Duncan Kieth type deal

Old
08-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Skm

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneygoalie31 View Post
I know many dont buy what Treenasoil is saying,and there are examples of her/him/it being both on target and way out in left field. However in the dog days of summer she brings up interesting senarios to think about. Ryan Suter for one is interesting and I suspect if he were avalible just about every team would kick tires. I think Suter will be the D man that stays in Nashville. American boy who while not at the same level as Weber isnt that far behind. He will be cheaper than Weber for Nashville to keep long term and the Preds still have very good D depth comming up. I think the Oilers should target Weber.

Gagner,Smid,Omark,Martindale and 2012 1st for Weber and Blum

Smyth RNH Hemsky
Hall Horcoff Eberle
Pajarvii Belanger Hartikanen
Eager Lander Jones

Weber Whitney
Gilbert Blumm
Peckham Barker
Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

Sign Weber to a Brad richards or Duncan Kieth type deal
Blum is part of their 'very good D depth' and Smid doesn't come close to replacing either of those guys.

Old
08-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

im totally willing to bet that 2012 1st will be a Top-3 defensemen for us down the line.

Draft that defensemen, take our chances on Weber when he's a UFA and we're on the upswing.

Old
08-15-2011, 10:19 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
im totally willing to bet that 2012 1st will be a Top-3 defensemen for us down the line.

Draft that defensemen, take our chances on Weber when he's a UFA and we're on the upswing.
If Weber signs long term, I would include that 2012 1st in a heartbeat. He is one of the top 5 defenders in the league, some even argue he'll be the best the day Lidstrom retires.

I think the deal listed about without Blum would get it done.

Weber Gilbert
Whitney Barker

That has the potential for a solid top 4 D, as I believe Weber and Whitney could both bring out the best in their partners.

You take last years team, improve them by a year, remove the junk and add Weber, Smyth, Belanger, Barker, Eager + a 1st overall center... you likely wont miss the 2012 1st round pick.

Old
08-15-2011, 12:25 PM
backhandsauce

Noticed the Sens are shopping Gonchar. With the Cap Space we have would youi make a pitch for him? I'm sure they wouldn't want the "world" for him.

Gonchar-Whitney
Barker-Gilbert

Good two PP units.

Old
08-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
If Weber signs long term, I would include that 2012 1st in a heartbeat. He is one of the top 5 defenders in the league, some even argue he'll be the best the day Lidstrom retires.

I think the deal listed about without Blum would get it done.

Weber Gilbert
Whitney Barker

That has the potential for a solid top 4 D, as I believe Weber and Whitney could both bring out the best in their partners.

You take last years team, improve them by a year, remove the junk and add Weber, Smyth, Belanger, Barker, Eager + a 1st overall center... you likely wont miss the 2012 1st round pick.
Yeah if he signed long-term I got no problems.

I don't think Weber signs a contract longer then 1 year next offseason.

Old
08-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysauce View Post
Noticed the Sens are shopping Gonchar. With the Cap Space we have would youi make a pitch for him? I'm sure they wouldn't want the "world" for him.

Gonchar-Whitney
Barker-Gilbert

Good two PP units.
What's the remaining term on his deal? IMO we plan on seeing what we have, IMO that's a good idea for this season before we aim to make a postseason bid in '12-13.

08-15-2011, 12:45 PM
joestevens29

Quote:

Gonchar-Whitney
Barker-Gilbert

Good two PP units.
From what I gather he and Kuba have been on the market for quite some time without any bites.

2 years left at 5.5mil you aren't going to find any buyers without giving up a good prospect/pick or taking on a bad contract.

Old
08-15-2011, 12:53 PM
joestevens29

Brunnstrom signs tryout with Wings.

I'm a bit shocked, one would've thought he would've went back to Europe by now. Not overly shocked that it's the Wings that sign him though.

Old
08-15-2011, 01:05 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 162
Flames sign Hannan to a 1 year deal for 1 million...very good signing for them.

Hannan would have helped the Oilers defence a lot more than the bewildering acquisition of Andy Sutton.

Old
08-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Hoogaar23

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
From what I gather he and Kuba have been on the market for quite some time without any bites.

2 years left at 5.5mil you aren't going to find any buyers without giving up a good prospect/pick or taking on a bad contract.
Fine - Horcoff for Gonchar!

Old
08-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post

Hannan would have helped the Oilers defence a lot more than the bewildering acquisition of Andy Sutton.
Not really. Hannan is pretty much done at this point - so is Sutton, but it's not like we're gunning for the playoffs this year.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
08-15-2011, 01:38 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Not really. Hannan is pretty much done at this point - so is Sutton, but it's not like we're gunning for the playoffs this year.
Disagree...Hannan at 32 has shown he is still capable of playing some big minutes and can still be depended upon for the top 4. The 36 year old Sutton on the other hand has shown that he is well past his best before date and is a bottom pairing dman at best.

Hannan would at least help the team groom players like Petry and Peckham for a couple of years...Sutton helps nothing and should be gone at seasons end.

No comparison between these players at this point especially when you factor in the price point.

Last edited by guymez: 08-15-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old
08-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post

Hannan replaces Regehr but Regehr is A LOT more meaner and physical. I'm still ecstatic that Feaster traded Regehr outta the division.

Old
08-15-2011, 01:43 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Hannan replaces Regehr but Regehr is A LOT more meaner and physical. I'm still ecstatic that Feaster traded Regehr outta the division.
Definitely a downgrade from Regehr...no argument from me on that at all.

Unlike Sutton however Hannan is still a useful player.

Old
08-15-2011, 01:47 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Must draft PK Subban's brother.

Old
08-15-2011, 02:06 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Must draft PK Subban's brother.
The goalie or defenseman?

Old
08-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Sutton is barely a #6 D-man, and truthfully, if he plays a regular shift (and watch him play a regular shift on this D), then your team is in trouble.

I think Hannan, at worst, is still a #4 type D-man.

I still don't exactly understand the Regher trade from Calgary, but that's ok, they'll be less competitive in the final years of their window for contending.

08-15-2011, 02:17 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
The goalie or defenseman?
Obviously the D man. I think he is draft eligible for the next draft. Heard he is just as cocky. Would be fun to see him piss of people

People say the goalie brother is a bit of a project but the defensman brother is a pretty solid player

Old
08-15-2011, 02:37 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Obviously the D man. I think he is draft eligible for the next draft. Heard he is just as cocky. Would be fun to see him piss of people

People say the goalie brother is a bit of a project but the defensman brother is a pretty solid player
Malcolm, the goalie, is eligible next year.

Jordan, the defenseman, is eligible in 2013, I think.

And yeah, you're right, he's basically a carbon copy of PK.

Old
08-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Master Lok

Quote:

Gonchar-Whitney
Barker-Gilbert

Good two PP units.
Except that there is some question as to how he's recovered from his concussion. There's a reason why Ottawa wants to get rid of him, and he wasn't very good last season.

Closed Thread