HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Next great Swedish defenseman?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-15-2011, 04:05 PM
  #76
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
I can't, and I'm wrong to phrase that statement that way. A better way to phrase it would be: Based on the draft, I find it hard to believe at this time Brodin is as good as Larsson.
It's ok, most of the people thinks that Larsson is better than Brodin, I just think Brodin gonna end up as a better player based on what i have seen. about 10 games from both last season and some games from Larsson season before. We will never know until both have played couple seasons in NHL.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:07 PM
  #77
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,468
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
It's ok, most of the people thinks that Larsson is better than Brodin, I just think Brodin gonna end up as a better player based on what i have seen. about 10 games from both last season and some games from Larsson season before. We will never know until both have played couple seasons in NHL.
I have no problem with that, the future is unpredictable. At the moment, however, if you gave Minnesota the option to take Brodin or Larsson, I would have to think they take Larsson.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
  #78
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
I have no problem with that, the future is unpredictable. At the moment, however, if you gave Minnesota the option to take Brodin or Larsson, I would have to think they take Larsson.
You're probably right, but the way our management spoke of Brodin during and after the draft, I can't agree 100%.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:15 PM
  #79
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
I have no problem with that, the future is unpredictable. At the moment, however, if you gave Minnesota the option to take Brodin or Larsson, I would have to think they take Larsson.
I agree, after they traded Burns Larsson would of been perfect pick. But they're rebuilding, they have smart 2 way players like coyle, granlund, zucker, brodin in the system. IMO Larsson is just perfect fit for NJ, he can step in the rink right away, and he definetly makes the team better, i just think that Brodin is better talent and unique. I could be wrong aswell, we never know.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:16 PM
  #80
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,880
vCash: 500
thomast, I'm assuming you're from Sweden, how does Brodin compare to Kim Johnsson? I think most Wild fans would be thrilled if Brodin turned into Johnsson without the concussion history, but you make it sound like he's got a higher ceiling.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:23 PM
  #81
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
thomast, I'm assuming you're from Sweden, how does Brodin compare to Kim Johnsson? I think most Wild fans would be thrilled if Brodin turned into Johnsson without the concussion history, but you make it sound like he's got a higher ceiling.
I'm not from sweden, i'm from finland. I just have seen SEL games via TV. Never watched much Kim Johnsson so i won't say anything in that.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:34 PM
  #82
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Offensively:
Karlsson
Rundblad
-----------------
Hedman
Larsson
OEL
Klefbom
Erixon
-----------------
Brodin

Defensively:
Larsson
OEL
Brodin
-----------------
Hedman
Erixon
Klefbom
-----------------
Karlsson
Rundblad

2-way Dependability:
Larsson
OEL
---------------
Erixon
Brodin
---------------
Hedman
Klefbom
---------------
Karlsson
Rundblad

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:44 PM
  #83
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Offensively:
Karlsson
Rundblad
-----------------
Hedman
Larsson
OEL
Klefbom
Erixon
-----------------
Brodin

Defensively:
Larsson
OEL
Brodin
-----------------
Hedman
Erixon
Klefbom
-----------------
Karlsson
Rundblad

2-way Dependability:
Larsson
OEL
---------------
Erixon
Brodin
---------------
Hedman
Klefbom
---------------
Karlsson
Rundblad
Ummm, no. If a defenceman can not play a good two-way game he wouldn't be playing 20+ minutes a night and on the PK. Seriously, what is with everyone over-rating Karlsson's defensive blunders? People will need to pay attention more to his defensive zone game this season.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:51 PM
  #84
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,067
vCash: 500
Karlsson is so underrated defensively lool.

He has the offensive potential to be the best in the game and his defense is average.

Based on potential, Rundblad would be top gun.

However, Larsson will be the best all-around defense man. OEL too.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:52 PM
  #85
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberboy682 View Post
Ummm, no. If a defenceman can not play a good two-way game he wouldn't be playing 20+ minutes a night and on the PK. Seriously, what is with everyone over-rating Karlsson's defensive blunders? People will need to pay attention more to his defensive zone game this season.
He's made a lot of the same mistakes I could see Jared cowen making this year. Go figure.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 05:19 PM
  #86
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Offensively:
Karlsson
Rundblad
-----------------
Hedman
Larsson
OEL
Klefbom
Erixon
-----------------
Brodin

Defensively:
Larsson
OEL
Brodin
-----------------
Hedman
Erixon
Klefbom
-----------------
Karlsson
Rundblad

2-way Dependability:
Larsson
OEL
---------------
Erixon
Brodin
---------------
Hedman
Klefbom
---------------
Karlsson
Rundblad
Severely underrating Brodin's offensive potential.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 05:36 PM
  #87
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,620
vCash: 500
Brodin has a lot of potential, he just needs to be more willing to become involved offensively, he plays rather conservatively in my opinion. The talent is there, though.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:07 PM
  #88
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,959
vCash: 500
Well, seeing as he outscored guys like Zibanejad, Armia, & Coyle at the recent lake Placid tournament, I'd say the potential has been demonstrated to some extent. Brodin said himself that his role with Farjestad was defense only, no power play, nothin. That will change this season, and we all will get a better idea what his overall game could be.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:15 PM
  #89
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,955
vCash: 500
why did Klefbom decide not to play in the world juniors coming up?

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:27 PM
  #90
WayneBruce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Well, seeing as he outscored guys like Zibanejad, Armia, & Coyle at the recent lake Placid tournament, I'd say the potential has been demonstrated to some extent. Brodin said himself that his role with Farjestad was defense only, no power play, nothin. That will change this season, and we all will get a better idea what his overall game could be.
He did great in Lake Placid, Zibanejad only played 2 games though.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:29 PM
  #91
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
why did Klefbom decide not to play in the world juniors coming up?
huh, where did you hear that? Are you sure about this?
All I know is that he declined to play in this Lake Placid tournament, just like Landeskog and Larsson and I thought that he would be pretty much a lock for the wjc.

I kind of asumed that he chosed to play for Färjestad in stead to get a better shot at making Färjestads senior team by playing impressive in European trophy. Färjestad got a lot of d-man under contract and it's not the easiest task to earn a regular spot among the top-6 d-men. With Frögren and Sevc hurt and Brodin playing for the national team he got a chance to play some real minutes.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:31 PM
  #92
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
why did Klefbom decide not to play in the world juniors coming up?
He wasn't at their WJC camp.

It doesn't mean he won't be on the WJC team, I would think.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:43 PM
  #93
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
huh, where did you hear that? Are you sure about this?
All I know is that he declined to play in this Lake Placid tournament, just like Landeskog and Larsson and I thought that he would be pretty much a lock for the wjc.

I kind of asumed that he chosed to play for Färjestad in stead to get a better shot at making Färjestads senior team by playing impressive in European trophy. Färjestad got a lot of d-man under contract and it's not the easiest task to earn a regular spot among the top-6 d-men. With Frögren and Sevc hurt and Brodin playing for the national team he got a chance to play some real minutes.
maybe I misread an article...

I know he's fairly young but who is a good comparison to Klefbom at this stage?

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
  #94
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,509
vCash: 500
The thing about Karlsson is his immense hockey IQ. He's little, yes, but in time he'll be a lot like Lidstrom - not as good, that's not what I mean - but in terms of using his stick effectively and reading players before they develop.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:13 PM
  #95
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsens19 View Post
karlsson
rundblad


all the other
lol..

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:30 PM
  #96
Manny*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,200
vCash: 500
Karlsson doesn't often make defensive mistakes. The errors he makes are mostly a result of trying to make too much happen offensively. Forcing passes, bad pinches and rushes. They're the type of mistakes all young players make, and are not an indication of defensive apathy.

I'm not saying he's great at defence, but he's far from terrible.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:35 PM
  #97
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,161
vCash: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
The thing about Karlsson is his immense hockey IQ. He's little, yes, but in time he'll be a lot like Lidstrom - not as good, that's not what I mean - but in terms of using his stick effectively and reading players before they develop.
He's got a long way to go defensively to be like Lidstrom. I don't think they're good comparisons at all. Karlson's play style isn't the same.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:36 PM
  #98
Grub
First Line Troll
 
Grub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,295
vCash: 500
Karlsson is terribly overrated in these boards. The guy is horrendous defensively. To me defense is the most important asset of a defense-men.

I mean -30?? Watching Sens games the kid gets beat often...

If he wants to score goals every single time with ill regard to the defensive game he should be a forward not a defensemen.

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:39 PM
  #99
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub View Post
Karlsson is terribly overrated in these boards. The guy is horrendous defensively.
Much like Kessel, I feel like Karlsson is about average when it comes to ratings. Sens fans overrate him, fans of other teams that don't have as much viewing time as Sens fans underrate him.

He's somewhere in the middle, he isn't as bad defensively as people will have you believe, but its in no way one of the strongest parts of his game. He's 21, he's learning. Its encouraging.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:44 PM
  #100
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
He's got a long way to go defensively to be like Lidstrom. I don't think they're good comparisons at all. Karlson's play style isn't the same.
That specific part of Karlsson's game will be similar to Lidstrom's. That specific part (I feel the need to repeat it).

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.