HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season III

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2011, 05:27 PM
riznat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Like I care what people on the internet think?
You really think you come across as someone who doesn't care what people think? I'm pretty sure it was you in the "poster of the year" thread who was pimping themselves for weirdest or funniest or whatever it was. You are also the poster who likes to throw in "Im going to be a player agent someday" in many threads that involve the CBA, why do you feel the need to tell us if you don't care?

If you reply to this post then you care and I win and if you don't then I win because it means you have no comebacks. I am the kiiing!

Old
08-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Kopitar on the wing would be such a waste.

You dont waste selke candidates in Kopitar and Richards by playing them in a less important position.

If Loki performs well, i dont see why he cant centre Stoll and Clifford as a 3rd line, then he also sees pp time. It worked with Logan Couture (although he was eventually moved to 2nd line and Pavelski played 3rd)

With 2 shut down top lines, we dont need a defence only 3rd

Old
08-15-2011, 05:46 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
You really think you come across as someone who doesn't care what people think? I'm pretty sure it was you in the "poster of the year" thread who was pimping themselves for weirdest or funniest or whatever it was. You are also the poster who likes to throw in "Im going to be a player agent someday" in many threads that involve the CBA, why do you feel the need to tell us if you don't care?

If you reply to this post then you care and I win and if you don't then I win because it means you have no comebacks. I am the kiiing!
Damn I love the ignore list.

Old
08-15-2011, 05:51 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Kopitar on the wing would be such a waste.

You dont waste selke candidates in Kopitar and Richards by playing them in a less important position.

If Loki performs well, i dont see why he cant centre Stoll and Clifford as a 3rd line, then he also sees pp time. It worked with Logan Couture (although he was eventually moved to 2nd line and Pavelski played 3rd)

With 2 shut down top lines, we dont need a defence only 3rd
My reasoning for ever letting Kopi play wing would be that he has proven he CAN score, we still need a scoring winger according to everyone, Lokti is better at center, Kopi can still take the down low assignment, and Lokti could be a great setup guy for Kopi. Look I totally get what you're saying about not moving Kopi. It's just an idea.

My thing with Lokti being a 3rd liner is that he's a natural playmaker. You want to put your players in the best position to thrive. With that being said, Lokti needs to play with people who have a good scoring touch and can bury chances when he dishes them out. As of this very moment, I'm not sold Clifford could do that nor could anyone else that is expected to round out the bottom 6. But that's just me and I know a lot of people will see it differently.

Old
08-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

If you want to give Loki a scoring touch on his wing, you could always do some funky reorganizing, maybe something like

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Stoll
Clifford-Loki-Brown
Richardson-Lewis-Westgarth/Parse

Or swap Stoll and Lewis, or put Lewis on Loki's wing and have Clifford on the 4th with Richardson centre

the 2nd line should win a large chunk of faceoffs since Richards could 'cheat' then Stoll comes in when he is kicked out

Old
08-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Lewis-Loki-Stoll
Clifford-Richardson-Westgarth/Parse

I like that lineup a lot actually

Old
08-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
If Kopi's going to score on the PP, the system needs to be changed. The crap Kompon runs is brutal. Standing around, passing forever, and shooting at shin pads will do nothing.
It seemed to work just fine the year before. Quit making excuses for players failing to execute. It doesn't absolve Kompon of their lackluster performance but they have performed with him as PP coach.

And secondly, if you didn't give a **** what people think on the internet, you wouldn't be posting here. You are a fan and you are no smarter than anyone else on here even though you seem overly confident about your opinions. Congratulations because you are about one step away from being Deeker part deux and you've officially made me feel old when I of all people think you act like an immature little boy.

Old
08-15-2011, 07:09 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
If you want to give Loki a scoring touch on his wing, you could always do some funky reorganizing, maybe something like

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Stoll
Clifford-Loki-Brown
Richardson-Lewis-Westgarth/Parse

Or swap Stoll and Lewis, or put Lewis on Loki's wing and have Clifford on the 4th with Richardson centre

the 2nd line should win a large chunk of faceoffs since Richards could 'cheat' then Stoll comes in when he is kicked out
I don't see Brown as a scorer but that isn't bad. I do like these lines sorta.

Quote:
Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Lewis-Loki-Stoll
Clifford-Richardson-Westgarth/Parse

I like that lineup a lot actually
Don't like these ones as much. Not sold on Lewis being a scorer at all. Perfect 4th line center for now though.

Old
08-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

what i dont understand with the pp is that 2 years ago we ran it through Stoll shooting. Doughty and Kopi along with the down low forward past it around until they get the chance to send it across to Stoll who hits the 1 timer. Very simple, very basic, it worked to an extent, and it opened up lanes for Kopi and DD as the pk expected Stoll shooting

Then last year, when Stoll was taken off the pp, for some reason they didnt just keep the same tactic. With Doughty being a better point shooter than Stoll, it should have been the same exact tactic with JJ and Kopi passing creating the space to pass it across to Doughty naturally creating the extra space for Kopi and JJ to shoot themselves. They never did that though.

I expect the pp to be fine this season though, so many pk's last year put 2 guys on our point shooters creating natural 3 on 2's down low. The only problem was that Smyth and Zeus couldnt take advantage. With Richards and Penner/Brown likely the 2 down low, it will force teams to not pressure the point as much, naturally creating shooting lanes for the 3 top shooters

Id much much rather them utilize more of an umbrella formation though, stretching the pk across the ice. No Kopi on the half wall, instead Kopi in 1 circle, Doughty in the other, JJ at the top, the pk has to respect all 3 shooters. You then have an additonal passing lane for Doughty to slap pass across the ice to Richards hovering down low at the back post, a position he was at a bunch on Philly's pp. Its a simple play of puck down low, up to Kopi, to JJ, to Doughty, 3 pk'ers forced out to pressure shooter, natural passing lane to back post before Kopi's rusher can cover it. Then you integrate other plays from the same set up. The fact we currently only use half the ice on the pp is the main problem it has

Old
08-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Tadite

Quote:

I think he's 14. Dude needs to go outside, meet some girls, and get off the internet.

Old
08-15-2011, 07:40 PM
bobafettish*

off topic but did bettman rule on the whole Smyth saga?

Old
08-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
You are also the poster who likes to throw in "Im going to be a player agent someday" in many threads that involve the CBA, why do you feel the need to tell us if you don't care?

I'm going to own the Kings some day, and there's not a godd@m thing you can do about it!

Old
08-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
off topic but did bettman rule on the whole Smyth saga?
Not a word about it since the Kings filed. Bettman is waiting to see if Doughy signs first.

Old
08-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Continue here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...9#post35957319

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Closed Thread