HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kiprusoff

Old
08-15-2011, 08:08 AM
eXplosivecamel

vCash: 500
Kiprusoff

With the value of goaltenders down, could the Flames still net a decent package deal to help rebuild their team if they traded Kipper? What could they get?

eXplosivecamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 08:13 AM
DropIt

The value of goalies is not as low as it was last year with the PHI mess last year. However the value of 5 million dollar goalies is pretty low. I think we could get a 1st round pick and a salary dump at around half of Kipper's cost.

1st round pick + 3M dollar player

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

It's really tough to get a read on the goalie market. A guy like Kipper is really only valuable to a playoff team that doesn't already have a legit starting goalie, and there aren't many. It all depends if you can find a taker. If you do, a 1st and a prospect should be an easy retyurn.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 08:40 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
The value of goalies is not as low as it was last year with the PHI mess last year. However the value of 5 million dollar goalies is pretty low. I think we could get a 1st round pick and a salary dump at around half of Kipper's cost.

look at it from a different angle, who is looking for a goalie?

Coyote's? To old and to costly for them to give up much. Florida? Same situation.

A few teams may be after young guys, but not many looking for an older guy, just check out Vokoun.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 08:41 AM
ThisIsJetsHockey*

If the blue jacket's are in a tight race to get in the play-offs and mason is not doing to well. I could see something like Columbus 2nd 2012, Calvert for Kiprusoff. Too far off ?

ThisIsJetsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 08:46 AM
juve

I'd give up a second, nothing more.

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 10:31 AM
madmike77

No. He's over-rated at this point and overpaid. I don't think they'd get a 1st for him. maybe a 2nd.

If he improves on his play from last year and a contender loses their starter then I could see the Flames getting a decent return - otherwise I don't think they'll get much.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 10:37 AM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Calgary would rather keep him. 2nd round pick and Calvert is interesting though, wonder how the Jackets feel about it

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 11:38 AM
eXplosivecamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
Calgary would rather keep him. 2nd round pick and Calvert is interesting though, wonder how the Jackets feel about it
I see what you mean by rather keeping him, but how long are the Flames going to wait to rebuild? It's been needed for years, our star player is 34, and I just don't see Iginla being able to carry the team for much more. I'm not saying we should trade Iginla, but we need someone else to take over the reigns. Our prospect cupboard is pretty much empty, with the exception of a few decent prospects. Instead of trying to qualify for the playoffs, we would be better off trading some of our higher-end players (Kiprusoff, etc.) for futures.

eXplosivecamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 11:41 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXplosivecamel View Post
I see what you mean by rather keeping him, but how long are the Flames going to wait to rebuild? It's been needed for years, our star player is 34, and I just don't see Iginla being able to carry the team for much more. I'm not saying we should trade Iginla, but we need someone else to take over the reigns. Our prospect cupboard is pretty much empty, with the exception of a few decent prospects. Instead of trying to qualify for the playoffs, we would be better off trading some of our higher-end players (Kiprusoff, etc.) for futures.
Or you do the smart thing

Realizing we have 22 million coming off the books at season's end; Right now Feaster is handcuffed with contracts he cannot move.

Might as well wait to see where this team is at come deadline. If we are in the top 8 in the WC then sit on what you have. If we are out by a wide enough margin, then re-tool or rebuild.

I would trade Kipper for a 2012 1st. Otherwise might as well keep him right now.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 11:43 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
look at it from a different angle, who is looking for a goalie?

Coyote's? To old and to costly for them to give up much. Florida? Same situation.

A few teams may be after young guys, but not many looking for an older guy, just check out Vokoun.
Vokoun isnt a good situation to set the market at. He took a small 1 year deal to be with a cup contender. Otherwise, he could have had his choice of several teams, IMO.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 11:59 AM
palindrom

Let imagine Vokoun (the statistically best goalie since the lockout) had a 5 000 000$ x 3 years contract. What would be his value ?

He would clear the waiver! as absolutely no teams offered him this money.

The best offer come from Florida and Vokoun say publicly this offer was not really interesting enough.

So the value of Kiprusoff ? There are strong sign pointing that he would clear the waiver.

Last edited by palindrom: 08-15-2011 at 12:18 PM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Orange Thunder

Hard to say, though Phoenix could put together a decent offer because Mike Smith isnt getting you anywhere

Orange Thunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 12:11 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
Vokoun isnt a good situation to set the market at. He took a small 1 year deal to be with a cup contender. Otherwise, he could have had his choice of several teams, IMO.
According to Vokoun is own public statement after his Washington signature, thats not what happened.

He didn't get any substantial offer on the UFA market, the best offer coming from florida, and florida choose quickly to go with a cheap Theodore instead.

Then Vokoun faced two choice, playing int he NHL at a cheap contract, or go to Europe.

39yo Jagr say himself he took a pay-cut at 3.300 000$ to go to a contending team. Vokoun's contract is more than only a paycut.

When asked where Vokoun would like to go before the UFA period, Vokoun told publicly he would like to go to a Stanley cup contender as Colorado. Why didnt he choose a paycut to go to Colorado? Colorado did make an offer to Vokoun, but they wasnt willing to give him 5 000 000$ +

Last edited by palindrom: 08-15-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old
08-15-2011, 12:24 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post

What about the opposite?

Kipper + 1st for an 3m dollar salary dump.

I dont know why a team should pay a 1st for taking the bigger salary dump.

And i guess it could involved a goalie coming back (50% of the goalie trade involve 2 goalie).

Kiprussoff for Khalibulin?

Last edited by palindrom: 08-15-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old
08-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Let imagine Vokoun (the statistically best goalie since the lockout) had a 5 000 000$ x 3 years contract. What would be his value ?

He would clear the waiver! as absolutely no teams offered him this money.

The best offer come from Florida and Vokoun say publicly this offer was not really interesting enough.

So the value of Kiprusoff ? There are strong sign pointing that he would clear the waiver.

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Johnny Hockey

vCash: 50
Man palindrom you have no clue about the flames do you? Actually based on your posts I dont think you watch enough hockey in general. Kippersoff is not a salary dump. And any flames fan would rather keep Kip then dump him for cap space.
Go have another one.

Johnny Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 02:55 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGY TO CROSBY View Post
Man palindrom you have no clue about the flames do you? Actually based on your posts I dont think you watch enough hockey in general. Kippersoff is not a salary dump. And any flames fan would rather keep Kip then dump him for cap space.
Go have another one.
This thread is about finding his market value, not his value to the flame.

Just find me fan of other team that would be willing to gave anything valuable for him?

Maybe we should make an auction thread!

Another way to find his value to the flmae:

if you are the DG of the flame right now and Kiprusoff is an UFA.

Would you be willing to give him 5 833 333$ x 3 years?

Or less?
Or even more?

If the flame had the opportunity to dump him last summer and sign Vokoun to a 4 500 000$ x 3 years, would you do it?

Last edited by palindrom: 08-15-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old
08-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Johnny Hockey

Quote:
This thread is about finding his market value, not his value to the flame.

Just find me fan of other team that would be willing to gave anything valuable for him?

Maybe we should make an auction thread!

Any team even thinking about getting kiprusoff from the flames would have to pay more than a second bottom line. Only a homer would expect to pay so little.

Old
08-15-2011, 03:14 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Any team even thinking about getting kiprusoff from the flames would have to pay more than a second bottom line. Only a homer would expect to pay so little.
well, lets do a auction thread for fun.

Old
08-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Johnny Hockey

Quote:
well, lets do a auction thread for fun.
Ok I think it's a good idea.

Old
08-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackTheJets View Post
If the blue jacket's are in a tight race to get in the play-offs and mason is not doing to well. I could see something like Columbus 2nd 2012, Calvert for Kiprusoff. Too far off ?
Wouldn't happen, mostly because Calvert is unlikely to be traded for anything.

Trading Kiprusoff would be a "rebuilding" move in the sense that it'd work only if the Flames want to go after Nail Yakupov.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 03:30 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Ok I think it's a good idea.
I prefer auction thread because it clear the confusion about the value of a plyer to a team and the value other team are willing to give for him.

Most of our disagreement come from the gap between what calgary want for Kiprusoff and what other teams are willing to give for him.

Old
08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Even in rebuild mode it's nice to have a great goalie to help keep your youngins from getting completely shell shocked. Given the goalie market it might just be better to keep him.

If they are rebuilding start with Iginla and Bouwmeester.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 09:10 PM
HoshiBlitz

I would think that Nashville would offer a decent return NEXT season if they can't get Rinne under contract. Kipper's cap hit stays but he actually makes 5 and 1.5 over his last two years. Those numbers alone become attractive to some owners. That being said, I don't think Kipper goes anywhere unless Karlsson steals the job from him. I say 1st or 2nd + prospect (next year).

HoshiBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote